Matador MP 46 Hectorra 2

Matador MP 46 Hectorra 2 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 43% while driving a Audi A3 2.0T Sporkback (225/45 R17) on for 2,500 miles
shocking in the wet. My Audi A3 sport back goes sideways in a corner when the boost comes in, have too drive like my granny. These tyres where new on the car when I brought it can't wait to change them.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 31, 2019
Given 51% while driving a CitroŽn C4 (205/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 35,000 average miles
After the excellent pair of my Michelin pe2 passed away, I replaced them with matador's. Much more cheaper choise, with similar good reviews here. It was totally wrong idea to compare my previous tyres with these. In the first 10000 km my Citroen seems to be more comfortable with a nice but nervous grip is limit conditions, driving with less aggressive style than wearing my previous set. After 15000 km decided to replace front with rears, because the behaviour of my car became unusually strange. For 2000km my car replaced it's name, in summer conditions. When the winter started, especially in rainy days, my car Started spinning even with 3rd gear, fast cornering was dangerous. Certainly not a tyre that inspire spiritual driving. Not suggested even for a value choise. I was more satisfied with other midrange brands like, falken and Uniroyal, which were more close to a premium pair.
11 - tyre reviewed on April 15, 2016
Given 93% while driving a Honda Civic Type S 2.2 i CDTi (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
great value for the price handling up there with the best
5 - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2016
Given 29% while driving a Audi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
These tyres are dreadful. I've always put branded tyres on my cars as I'm a big believer that you get what you pay for, and after all the tyres provide the contact between you/your car and the road. However, I've a new car on order which is being delivered in a couple of months time, so I thought I would something cheaper on 2 worn out rear tyres. I therefore plumped for the Matador M46 and what a mistake. It feels like the rear end of my car is driving on jelly. You give the cars throttle a bit of a squeeze exiting a end and I get a dashboard full of anti-skid warning lights. Really wish I had spent a few more quid and keep with the branded tyres as I feel vulnerable driving on these poor tyres. Avoid them!
0 - tyre reviewed on June 12, 2015
Given 71% while driving a Skoda MK1 Octavia VRS (205/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
These were on a Octavia VRS i purchased recently. Have now driven them for approx 1000 miles. Must admit to being fairly impressed, Ive tried many tyres over the years and the cheaper ones are usually not worth having - frequently being OK in the dry but awful in the wet.

These tyres have proven to be capable in both the dry and the wet, which for such a reasonably priced tyre is rare. No idea on wear as yet, but I am tempted to buy a set again when these wear out.

Only thing I would say is that they seem to need inflating slightly more than some other tyres, perhaps a slightly soft sidewall, this can lead to a very slightly harder ride than ideal.
9 - tyre reviewed on June 6, 2015
Given 96% while driving a Ford MONDEO (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Never had a single trouble with this tyres. Impressed how well they performed and I can easily recommend them. Way behind that reason is their price.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 21, 2014
Given 97% while driving a Mercedes Benz CLK230K (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Replaced the mix and match tyres on the Mercedes and it has transformed into a comfortable and safe tourer.Grip is good in both dry and wet. I think the softness of the tyrewall does hamper the feedback a tad but the steering on this Merc can be a little numb anyway. Noise is down, fuel economy is up and the comfort levels have improved massively. The wear indicators are a good idea and the tread pattern looks superb. Not a cheap tyre but better value than a budget because budgets are pants and better value than a top brand as they can cost the earth. Have used Matador in the past and will use again. The MP44 Elite are also superb.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 10, 2014
Given 38% while driving a Ford Fiesta ST (205/40 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
Replaced my bridgestone RE050a's with these after seeing such excellent reviews. I don't normally buy mid range tyres, but thought I'd give it a try.. Wish I hadn't now!

Absolutely hate them, grip is very average in both dry and wet but for me the killer is the very soft side wall.

I have lost all confidence in my car, have some new bridgestones on the way to replace these tyres after a week!
1 - tyre reviewed on July 1, 2014