Maxtrek INGENS A1

Maxtrek INGENS A1 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 31% while driving a Skoda Skoda Superb MK1 (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
The WORST tires i ever bought in my life . I own a taxi for more than 20 years and i am 62 years old driving for living all my life. I change tires usually twice a year . I have tried almost every brand , from expensive to bargain . I was attracted from their very low price . Nothing ever scares me so much ( while driving ) , than the unexpected dangerous behavior of those tires. For the first time in my life i had to alter my driving style in order to survive . This is the first time i decided to write a review about tire quality , just in case i save someones life . Those tires are a Dangerous Death Trap and in my opinion some kind of authority needs to step forward in order to protect the public safety . DO NOT PUT those tires even if they PAY you , to do so . !!!
70 - tyre reviewed on December 25, 2017
Given 16% while driving a BMW 335i (255/35 R18) on mostly country roads for 0 spirited miles
These have to be the worst tires I have ever driven on. Previously had Michelin pilot super sport and my mechanic advised against paying so much money for a name brand tire and suggested Maxtrek Ingens. It is the first time in all the years I have owned the car that on average twisty roads with speeds at a fraction of the Michelin's that I have seen my DSC come on....no grip in the dry and forget about the wet. Tires lasted about 3 weeks and finally came apart on the inside sidewall...completely separated from the mag. Won't even waste my time taking them back...Please if you value your life stay away..spend a few dollars more and get some half decent tires eg.Yoko,Dunlop etc.as I know Michelins are quite pricey.
12 - tyre reviewed on September 8, 2017
Given 41% while driving a Mercedes Benz E280 Sport (265/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
I had these on the rear of merc 280cdi and they are horrendous. At the first sign of any dampness or wet, they completely fail to grip. after 20,000 miles no signs of any wear - obviously ridiculously hard compound. now replaced with Avon zz5 and handling is transformed. Be warned do not buy these tyres unless you live somewhere were it never rains.
12 - tyre reviewed on July 31, 2017
Given 96% while driving a Honda CRV (225/60 R18 T) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
when I first heard of these unknown to me tyres, I was in a dilemma, buy cheap unknown or, an expensive known brand. glad I picked these, currently at 18000+ miles on four of these and plenty of tread left, I drive a Honda crv, not the fastest vehicle but I admit I don't hang about. no problems what so ever. would buy again.

when I read some of these tyre reviews, it makes me laugh, they are written as if being critiqued by professional rally drivers of formula one, get real folks, if you lose control of your car on ANY tyre on the legal road, you are clearly driving too fast.

good luck in your choices.
56 - tyre reviewed on June 18, 2017
Given 23% while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 CDI Sports (255/35 R18) on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Bought Maxtrax, last month, for my C class Mercedes 255 x 35 x 18 on rear and 225 x 40 x 18 on front. Driving in the wet is a death hazard so I'm heading to the dealer to see about an exchange.
166 - tyre reviewed on September 12, 2016
Given 90% while driving a Honda Accord (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 71,000 average miles
We put the Antares (maxtrek under another name) on our car and really liked them. They were very well priced so I was skeptical, but we ended up getting 71k KM out of them and they worked excellent the entire time. Have already got another set A+
9 - tyre reviewed on August 31, 2016
Given 31% while driving a Honda CRV (225/60 R18) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Had 2 tyres fitted to the front. After 100 miles I had a speed wobble when approaching 70mph, the tyres needed to be rebalanced. This happened for 3 or 4 times until the tyres were fitted to the rear.
All well for a year or so, then wheel wobble felt at higher speeds, tyres rebalanced, rear tyres (Maxtrek) were massively out of balance. Would not buy again, nor use the tyre centre that recommeded them.
2 - tyre reviewed on July 29, 2016
Given 32% while driving a BMW 320d touring (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Bought these tyres fro my bmw 320d. I can honestly say it was the worst purchase I have ever made. Wet grip was horrendous when going around ANY corner - going straight was fine!! Dry grip was OK but again n corners I could feel the car 'floating' as if the tyres were like balloons. I have since changed the tyres to a mid-range make and it is like driving a new car. Avoid these tyres at all cost.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2016
Given 77% while driving a Volvo XC90 D5 (163bhp) (235/60 R18) on mostly motorways for 10 average miles
I have these tyres fitted on my Volvo XC90 . The only problem I had was caused by bad fitting of the tyres by the garage who failed to clean the alloy wheels before fitting them. This resulted in the tyres constantly deflating, took it back to the garage, cleaned the wheels up refitted the tyres perfect. Never had any problems with grip in either the wet or dry conditions , I do a lot of business miles up in the north east which frequently means wet weather , tyres have performed very well under emergency braking on both occasions I needed to . They are not the quietest tyres I have ever had but certainly no complaints from me. I am about to have my winter tyres taken off and will be fitting two more new ones on the front next week.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 2, 2016