Maxxis MA P1

Maxxis MA P1 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 74% while driving a Hyundai Accent (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 25,000 average miles
Good tires for city and highway driving. Very quite and responsive not to mention affordable. For us here who have only 2 weather conditions ( rainy and summer ), this tires works great for the budget.
5 - tyre reviewed on October 17, 2017
Given 77% while driving a Hyundai Accent (185/65 R14) on mostly motorways for 25,000 average miles
My second time on the same tires. Gives me 45,000 km on my first before i change them. The person said i still have around 10,000 on those old ones. Nevertheless better safe than sorry. Comfortable ride mostly on highways and city driving.
7 - tyre reviewed on July 1, 2017
Given 31% while driving a Toyota Corolla (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 500 average miles
We had these put on our work car. Within weeks I had them removed as they were truly dangerous in the wet. Approaching a roundabout at walking pace the front tyres gave up grip. It was so surprising and humorous I kept trying it on different corners, same thing. I won't buy Maxxis tyres ever again except for my mountain bike (which are quite good).
25 - tyre reviewed on June 26, 2015
Given 76% while driving a Subaru Impreza GX AWD (195/60 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
Chose Maxxis as I know a number of people who have them on their cars and can see why they rate them so highly. The MA P1's are a mid range and cost £40 a corner inc. valve, balance etc. and for the money can't be faulted. Feel as good as any premium tyre around town, however they come in to their own on the motorway being extremely quiet. In the dry they hold the road well on the twisty bits, in the wet they're brilliant in a straight line, round corners and under braking. So far seem to be wearing pretty well, and will definitely by Maxxis again.
3 - tyre reviewed on February 15, 2014
Given 89% while driving a Ford Focus C Max (205/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 20,000 average miles
great tyre,good wearing,good price!
3 - tyre reviewed on November 16, 2013
Given 87% while driving a Kia Motors (235/60 R16 H) on mostly country roads for 27,000 easy going miles
was informed that the sportage is hard on tyres expect only 15k miles on the fronts but ive done 27k and 4mm remaining had bridgestone er30s on originaly they were terrible in the wet and twitched on white lines would definatley buy maxxis again
2 - tyre reviewed on August 27, 2013
Given 84% while driving a Volvo V70 2.5 (205/55 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 12,000 average miles
fitted these to the wives V70 auto, being a non-turbo did not need high performance but with the weight of the engine / auto box did want good wear... straight away I noticed the stiffness of the side walls as opposed to the budget tyres I had on before, this made for better cornering and ride comfort... found the tyres fairly quiet, even now they are down to 2mm... what surprised me even more was their ability to grip in the deluge after the recent dry spell with such little grip left.. do not know exact mileage but it is around the 12,000 mile mark, which is double what the falkens gave me previous... and as an extra they come with a free lifetime warranty againts defects and damage.... will I buy again? trying to decide between these and the new XL ventus prime 2 from Hankook
6 - tyre reviewed on August 3, 2013
Given 90% while driving a Fiat Marea Weekend JTD 105 (195/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 22 average miles
35.000 kms and continue, I expect 40-45.000 kms, fast driving, good dry and wet grip, noiseless.
1 - tyre reviewed on July 27, 2013
Given 90% while driving a Vauxhall Corsa SRi 1.7 CDTI (195/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 5,000 easy going miles
my dad had these fitted on my car they are brilliant only done 5000miles on them but i havent had a problem the noise level is differant on differant surfaces
0 - tyre reviewed on May 20, 2013
Given 63% while driving a Lexus IS 220D (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 37,000 average miles
Bought the car with almost new maxxis fitted, i,m not a boy racer so they suit me fine, never felt twitchy or worried about grip. Iv'e done 37k miles on them with 2.4mm still left on the front & 1.8mm on the back so cant grumble. My only gripe is they are a bit noisy but overall can't grumble.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 17, 2013