Maxxis Supermaxx ST

The Maxxis Supermaxx ST is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

Tyre review data from 7 tyre reviews averaging 64% over 23,600 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Maxxis Supermaxx ST
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Maxxis Supermaxx ST
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Maxxis Supermaxx ST. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Maxxis Supermaxx ST Review

Given 57% while driving a Ducati 1098s (180/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,100 average miles
After reading review I thought I would give them a go. Bought a pair from MyTyres at a very good price and fitted them myself. First impressions were very good, smooth and good stability but after only 1,800 miles I noticed the rear was well worn and now after 2,100 miles it is down to the legal limit of 1.6mm and this is supposed to be a sport touring tyre! I don`t think so.
54 - tyre reviewed on June 8, 2017

Latest Maxxis Supermaxx ST Reviews

Have you driven on the Maxxis Supermaxx ST tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Maxxis Supermaxx ST? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Maxxis Supermaxx ST >>

Given 61% while driving a (180/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,500 average miles
Decent tyre in warm weather, gives you good feel and feedback when there are nice and warm. Tends to step out on me in colder weather and made me lose a lot confidence in the tyres. Got 3500miles on the back and it's almost done for, tyre wear could be a lot better! There better tires price/quality wise on the market in my opinion.
2 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2020
Given 100% while driving a Suzuki GSF 650N (160/60 R16) on mostly country roads for 1,000 average miles
I bought these tyres to test them.
Th tyres are excellent with very very good hangling. These are more sport tyres than touring tyres. The curving and leaning are more natural and easy than with my old Bridgestone bt 20.
In wet condition the tyres are perfect. They are very soft and have excellent grip. I expect to last enough (10 - 15 K) is good for me. I prefer new tyres more often.
5 - tyre reviewed on March 18, 2019
Want the best 18" Sports tyre? Watch this!
Given 70% while driving a Triumph Sprint RS (180/55 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
These are very stiff tyres, and quite hard to fit by hand. Once bedded in they are superb on the road, very precise and grippy. They are far superior in the dry to Michelin PR 3, and at least as good in the wet , and at less than £130 a pair they should be my first choice for replacement. Unfortunately the rear is squared off and almost down to the wear bars at less than 5K despite avoiding motorways. Like someone else says a 2CT version is needed to make these a serious touring tyre. If you can get them cheap and don't do a huge milage they are recommended. And don't rule them out for novice trackday use.
4 - tyre reviewed on June 17, 2018
Given 63% while driving a Kawasaki ER6F (160/60 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 5,500 spirited miles
These Tyre's offer plenty of grip in the dry and aren't to shabby in the wet either. I commute all year round on mainly dual carriage ways so the middle of the Tyre takes a hammering. My only gripe with this Tyre is its not dual compound. I've manged just 5500 miles out of the rear and its shot, if I compare it to my last Tyre a Bridgestone BT023 which is dual compound I got 10,000 miles out of the rear.

I fitted these Tyre's as a bit of the an experiment to see if the budget sports touring Tyre could compete with the big boys , Unfortunately in my case with the type of riding I do it doesn't, it's false economy for me to go for a cheaper Tyre, half the mileage but not half the cost. If spend a few quid more upfront and get almost double the mileage its dual compound all the way for me!

Good tyre but as I say Maxxis would need to bring out a dual compound sports touring tyres if I was to consider fitting them again.
3 - tyre reviewed on March 15, 2018
Given 54% while driving a Ducati St4s (120/70 R17) on mostly country roads for 4,000 average miles
After 4000 miles it has gone out of shape and rubbing on the front mudguard with 2mm of tread left. Very poor.
4 - tyre reviewed on August 20, 2017