Michelin Energy EV

The Michelin Energy EV is a Electric Vehicle Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 57% over 68,500 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Michelin Energy EV
185/65 R15 88Q   A A 70
195/55 R16 91Q XL   A A 70
205/55 R16 91Q
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Michelin Energy EV. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Michelin Energy EV Review

Given 54% while driving a Renault Zoe (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 4,500 spirited miles
A surprisingly good tyre given the rubbish eco-boxes that they're generally fitted to; good grip levels in both the dry and wet even when compared to the Michelin PS3's, premium vredestein's & continentals we've had on our other cars...

The only downside is the lifetime... The fronts only have a couple of mm of tread left after 4500 miles.
27 - tyre reviewed on May 30, 2014

Latest Michelin Energy EV Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin Energy EV tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Energy EV.

Renault Zoe (195/55 R16 Q) on mostly country roads for 43,000 easy going miles
Had the Michelin EV tyres since new on a Renault Zoe. Had two replaced due to sidewall damage, one from a sharp curb while parking, the other my wife was driving so no idea why that one went flat. The tyres presently have 43 000 km on them, but the front steering would turn side to side at very low speed, nothing perceptible at normal speed. I took them to a garage to get the balance checked and he told me they were deformed and that they needed replacing. Said they were old! I have serious doubts as to his analysis.
Only been 4,5 years since I bought the car and it looked like they would have run to 60 000 km before wear was at the limit of 1,6 mm.
2 - tyre reviewed on February 11, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Renault Zoe (195/55 R16 Q) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
Came new with my Zoe. I have not rotated the tyres and I've found the fronts are now past it, however they've lasted 18,000 spirited miles. Wearing on outside shoulder and some of the blockwork is beginning to break up so I'll be changing out of safety than because they are too worn. If the shoulder and block had survived i don't doubt 20,000 would have been easily achievable. The back tyres are still like new.

Biggest issue is price, £100 for what is basically a small, skinny tyre! Outrageous!
0 - tyre reviewed on August 31, 2016
Do winter tyres really work on supercars? Watch this video to find out!
Given 37% while driving a Renault Zoe (195/55 R16) on mostly town for 3,000 easy going miles
I got this with a new Renault Zoe. Within 6 months I've had to replace 3 of them and fix one due to punctures.
As a comparison to my previous car which I used for the same journey I've had one puncture in 4 years.
They are so thin. Especially the sidewalls.

I purchased generic replacements and they have lasted much better.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 21, 2016