Michelin Pilot Alpin 4

Michelin Pilot Alpin 4 Reviews (newest first) - Page 2

Given 97% while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (225/40 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Drove them with modded 2010 Focus TDCI 2.0 with 180PS on ST spec suspension and tyre size. this winter season 14/16 for the first time.
Really impressed with them. The car is driven hard. In emergency stops or fast accelaretions the car is like sticked to the ground with glue. And this includes the cold, wet, dirty slippery winter roads situations. The grip never ends. They give you so much confidence. Also you can feel the limits and the level of grip in any sotuation and any time or weather conditions.
Also they are super quiet and comofrtable.
Used to drive Focus Mk1 with Michelin Alpin A4 for 5 years. They are also brilliant in every way. OF course the PA4 is high performance winter tyre and it shows it. I want to try the A5 for my mk1 winter 15/16.
Will buy again for sure!
9 - tyre reviewed on May 1, 2015
Given 93% while driving a Volkswagen Passat CC (235/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
This is the third winter that I am using these tires, I have done around 12.000 km so far and the tread still looks as new. On the dry in everyday driving they feel almost as summer tire. Wet grip is amazing, snow grip also. On highway speeds they shine the most.
Only objection would be increased noise in comparison to my previous Alpin 4, but still rather comfortable.
61 - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2014
Given 100% while driving a Chrysler PT Cruiser (195/65 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
I bought these tyres some years back, based upon positive reviews on this site, for the Peugeot I drove back then. The car got sold and replaced by a Chrysler PT Cruiser which inherited these on his 15" alloy's.

They are going into their fourth winter season now and they are all 7 mm or better still. I keep them in the garage and will not put them on before winter really kicks in and I will take them off when temps stay above zero. They were not cheap, but as they are going into their 4th year they seem to last very long. Between the two cars I thing they've allready been driven for 15.000 km's.

What really amazes me is how these tyres are fantastic in every condition. On dry roads they stick like glueded, on wet roads they feel like other tyres on dry roads, on ice they slip very controlled - one can predict their behaviour - and on snow they really shine ! I don't have too much experience with winter tyres but I have no doubt in my mind these are amongst the best available !
2 - tyre reviewed on December 22, 2013
Given 98% while driving a BMW E46 M3 (255/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Snow performance out of this world, but retains stability and good wet and dry grip even at higher temperatures. Expensive but worth every penny.
2 - tyre reviewed on January 17, 2013
Given 97% while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225/40 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Great in the snow and on wet, dry good. I like the most minimal difference in driving versus summer tires.
I recommend
0 - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2012
Given 90% while driving a Audi A4 2.8 quattro (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Amazing grip on fresh snow. Other cars could barely move and mine was barely losing any traction !

It was the first time I invested in a set of Winter tyres, and I now fully measure the benefit. These tyres are perfectly decent in the dry and very good in the wet, but it is really in treacherous conditions that they shine the brightest. They could be the difference between getting stuck and getting home if you're caught in a snowfall.

I'll be happy to mount them back on the car next Fall.
6 - tyre reviewed on May 4, 2012