Michelin Pilot Power

The Michelin Pilot Power is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

Tyre review data from 10 tyre reviews averaging 80% over 87,823 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Michelin Pilot Power
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin Pilot Power
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Michelin Pilot Power. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Michelin Pilot Power Review

Given 76% while driving a Honda CBR929RR (180/55 R17) on mostly town for 2,000 spirited miles
Average tyres. Good on dry, very good on wet. For average riders excelent.
81 - tyre reviewed on May 20, 2015

Latest Michelin Pilot Power Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin Pilot Power tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Michelin Pilot Power? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Michelin Pilot Power >>

Given 76% while driving a Aprilia RST 1000 Futura (180/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,500 average miles
Tried them on my Aprilia SL1000 Falco and later on Aprilia RST1000 Futura. It works well, knee down lean angles and all, but I don't like their lack of feedback. They either grip (and they grip well) or they don't, and I always had to have some luck not to crash after a slip which didn't happen with ContiRoadAttack. So I took them off a Falco and put them on a Futura where they're more than up to the task. Futura is a much heavier bike and sometimes I ride it fully loaded, so the rear tyre lasted less than 4000 km alltogether which is a bit of a disappointment. Will I buy again? Yes, I will buy another rear tyre while I'm at it, but when it wears out I will replace the whole set with a Michelin Pilot Road.
5 - tyre reviewed on July 3, 2019
Want the best 18" Sports tyre? Watch this!
Given 91% while driving a Honda CBR 600F4i (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 9,320 average miles
I had the Michelin Pilot Power for the last 4 and a half years approximately. I found them very good and just bought a new set. At the end of their life the front tyre lost its roundness and became quite high at the centre and flat on the sides I believe due to having a softer compound on the sides. The rear tyre still has some more to go. It is a good all year round tyre dry and wet although I mainly used them on dry surface and I am an average rider. I had other brands before but this is one of my favourite.
13 - tyre reviewed on May 9, 2018
(190/50 R17 W) on for 0 miles
Had these on my street triple and rated them good feedback ok in wet but I do ride with caution in rain . Due to positive results on the 675 and a bargain deal £118 delivered at demon tweets I bought some for my zx10 r done 800 miles so far warm up quick and essential for road use retain heat good feedback and aided stability complimenting the bike track day fast group may require something softer but for mortals they fit the bill
9 - tyre reviewed on February 26, 2017
Given 87% while driving a Honda CBR929RR (180/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
I've never had any of these new although I have used them on a variety of bikes and will be purchasing a new front for my Fireblade soon.
The front tires are excellent all rounders both on the road and track replacing my previous favourite front tire the Dunlop D207RR.
My bike currently has the 2CT version which it came with but due to the dual compound it has worn the shoulders and deformed the tire so I will be replacing with the original Pilot Power.
These tires are good in the dry although the do feel like they lack outright grip at times, I nearly highsided my 600 on the track last year when my suspension wasn't dialled in. However in the wet they have so much feel that powersliding out of corners and roundabouts on a big bike at will is a reality if you dare. On a peaky 600 it's a bit too sketchy but I've beaten riders on the track that had full wets on standing water, admittedly I had a wet on the front.
I will be buying a 2CT version for the Blade rear but would go for this original version for the track as edges wear quicker than centres when cranked over all the time so no point in softer edges.
These tires were good on a KTM supermoto, a Kawasaki Versys I used for touring as well as track days and sport road riding. The tire I choose if I can't be bothered to gamble on unknown rubber and don't have spare wheels.
4 - tyre reviewed on June 15, 2016