Michelin Pilot Road 2

The Michelin Pilot Road 2 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

This tyre replaced the Michelin Pilot Road

This tyre has been replaced by the Michelin Pilot Road 3

Tyre review data from 14 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 95,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Michelin Pilot Road 2
190/50 R17 73W
150/70 R17 69W
160/60 R18 70W
120/70 R18 59W
110/80 R18 58W
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Michelin Pilot Road 2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Michelin Pilot Road 2 Review

Given 99% while driving a Honda CBR1100XX (180/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Can only describe like riding on bubblegum. Soft and predictable handling in all conditions. I've pushed pilot road 2s on lots of bikes- CBRs, Aprillia v twins, big nakeds and my favourite CBR1100 Blackbird. Dry grip is more than my talent will allow and wet grip is awesome. I rode a big BMW from London to Devon in the snow not once worrying about grip. Wear is best I can find in any tyre. Cant recommend enough!
38 - tyre reviewed on December 13, 2015

Latest Michelin Pilot Road 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin Pilot Road 2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Pilot Road 2.

Given 54% while driving a Triumph tiger 1050 (120/70 R17 W) on mostly town for 1,500 average miles
I have only had these for about 1,500 miles and this is their first winter. There is plenty of wear left on these but frankly when they're cold (5-0 C) they scare me shitless. Corners have to be taken tentatively as the front slides at any chance. Until they get warmed up they will track any deviations in the road. Awful. Will go back to bridgestones.
9 - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2016
38 - tyre reviewed on December 13, 2015
Do winter tyres really work on supercars? Watch this video to find out!
Given 87% while driving a Honda ST1300 Pan Eoropean (170/60 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
Brilliant at everything but picks up every - and I do mean every - possible puncture out there! And when they get a puncture, it's almost always at an angle so is irreparable. And don't think it was just bad luck.....I've had 9 rear punctures this year and only 2 of them could be fixed. Yes, that's right, I've had 7 pairs of tyres - both pilot road GT3's and 4's inside 1 year! Seeing as I do the same roads year in, year out and never had anything like these problems on other brands, I can only put the blame on the design.
Totally not cost-effective. Never again! Gone back to the much cheaper Avons.
5 - tyre reviewed on November 18, 2015
Given 97% while driving a Suzuki GSR 600 (180/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
I am a very spirited rider so do test the tyres a fair bit and it's an absolutely Stunning tyre. Always feel comfortable and in control.. No matter what lean angle or speed. I've done around 30k km on these tyres (2 sets) and I regularly ride 3 different bikes so we've go through quite a few different tyres.

These tyres by far offer the best grip and feedback.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 23, 2015
Given 73% while driving a Honda Honda motorcycle sp2 (180/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 8,000 average miles
I have these on my VTR1000F where they have done 11,000K. They are always solid but the back can move a bit. Best to just let it do its thing and it will usually settle down.
Only real complaint I have is that the front (120/70) is very noisy on the rougher road surfaces. Pressures 36/42.
I don't seem to be able to wear them out..
I have PR3 on the VTR1000 SP2 and they seem a bit more sticky but the front is more touchy in hot weather, when it tends to squirm under brakes.
3 - tyre reviewed on August 28, 2014