Michelin Pilot Road 2

The Michelin Pilot Road 2 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

This tyre replaced the Michelin Pilot Road

This tyre has been replaced by the Michelin Pilot Road 3

Tyre review data from 15 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 108,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Michelin Pilot Road 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin Pilot Road 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Michelin Pilot Road 2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Michelin Pilot Road 2 Review

Given 99% while driving a Honda CBR1100XX (180/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Can only describe like riding on bubblegum. Soft and predictable handling in all conditions. I've pushed pilot road 2s on lots of bikes- CBRs, Aprillia v twins, big nakeds and my favourite CBR1100 Blackbird. Dry grip is more than my talent will allow and wet grip is awesome. I rode a big BMW from London to Devon in the snow not once worrying about grip. Wear is best I can find in any tyre. Cant recommend enough!
44 - tyre reviewed on December 13, 2015

Latest Michelin Pilot Road 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin Pilot Road 2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Michelin Pilot Road 2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Michelin Pilot Road 2 >>

Given 90% while driving a Yamaha FZ6 (120/70 R17) on mostly country roads for 13,000 average miles
I already have 13 thousand km done and they are very good, I do the national 118 from the port to Entre-os-rios.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 7, 2020
Given 54% while driving a Triumph tiger 1050 (120/70 R17 W) on mostly town for 1,500 average miles
I have only had these for about 1,500 miles and this is their first winter. There is plenty of wear left on these but frankly when they're cold (5-0 C) they scare me shitless. Corners have to be taken tentatively as the front slides at any chance. Until they get warmed up they will track any deviations in the road. Awful. Will go back to bridgestones.
12 - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2016
Trying to pick the very best winter tyre? Watch this!
44 - tyre reviewed on December 13, 2015
Given 87% while driving a Honda ST1300 Pan Eoropean (170/60 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
Brilliant at everything but picks up every - and I do mean every - possible puncture out there! And when they get a puncture, it's almost always at an angle so is irreparable. And don't think it was just bad luck.....I've had 9 rear punctures this year and only 2 of them could be fixed. Yes, that's right, I've had 7 pairs of tyres - both pilot road GT3's and 4's inside 1 year! Seeing as I do the same roads year in, year out and never had anything like these problems on other brands, I can only put the blame on the design.
Totally not cost-effective. Never again! Gone back to the much cheaper Avons.
7 - tyre reviewed on November 18, 2015
Given 97% while driving a Suzuki GSR 600 (180/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
I am a very spirited rider so do test the tyres a fair bit and it's an absolutely Stunning tyre. Always feel comfortable and in control.. No matter what lean angle or speed. I've done around 30k km on these tyres (2 sets) and I regularly ride 3 different bikes so we've go through quite a few different tyres.

These tyres by far offer the best grip and feedback.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 23, 2015