Michelin Pilot Road 4

The Michelin Pilot Road 4 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

This tyre replaced the Michelin Pilot Road 3

This tyre has been replaced by the Michelin Road 5

Tyre review data from 14 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 62,115 miles driven.

Reports

2014 Motorrad Premium Touring Motorcycle Tyre Test - 1st of 7 tyres

• Overall - In bad weather Michelin riders have always have good cards. The new Road 4 shows, as expected, no weaknesses
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin Pilot Road 4
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Michelin Pilot Road 4. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Michelin Pilot Road 4 Review

Given 80% while driving a Kawasaki ZZR1400 (190/50 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 6,000 spirited miles
Tyres are really good in general use. However, you need to be careful for the first hundred miles or so as the tread has little grip (wet or dry) until roughed up.
On tyre life I got about the same life as PR3s when Michelin advertise it should be more.
100 - tyre reviewed on January 26, 2016

Latest Michelin Pilot Road 4 Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin Pilot Road 4 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Pilot Road 4.

Given 86% while driving a Suzuki 2000 vatari jx2.0 (180/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 15 spirited miles
A very good tyre. Predictable in the wet and dry. Inspires confidence with the excellent grip levels at hand.
The wear rates are quite good, but the edges seemed to wear quicker than the middle section which was a little too hard for my liking. I would buy them again and I feel they last longer than the newer Pilot Road 5 tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 28, 2020
Given 90% while driving a Mazda 6 Tourer 2.2D Sport (225/45 R19) on mostly motorways for 1,500 spirited miles
Bought these to replace original fit Bridgestone toranza fitted to Mazda 6 touring. They have transformed the cornering and wet handling giving a much more assured, confident feel.
Do a lot of motorway miles where these tyres have improved directional stability with the car less likely to track and wonder in the inside lane.
High price but hopefully will be rewarded with better wear life along with the handling benefits.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 22, 2019
Do winter tyres really work on supercars? Watch this video to find out!
BMW (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Uk Review K1300r
Bought these a year ago and loved the wet grip. A really good tyre with half decent wear about 3.5- 4k miles on a rear. The downside is the tyres are really slippery when new and need a lot of careful bedding in. Also don't by them before winter because although the wet weather performance is amazing, when you start leaning over in the summer you'll find they're even more slippery than before. No high speed cornering as soon as you get into that unused edge it'll start to walk and not in a nice easy way. Even at 30mph throwing it round some tight corners I had to stamp my foot down to stop the bike sliding. Not a pleasant experience on a heavy bike. A great shame as their overall performance is good. Maybe buy them in summer to wear the edges down then enjoy the ride all year round in all weathers.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 14, 2019
Given 87% while driving a Toyota Yaris (205/50 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 1,300 average miles
Indonesian Review !!!
Got 4 sets of new Pilot Sport 4...
The OEM fitted was Bridgestone Turanza ER33 for 4 years, this tyre absolutely rubbish.. when I drove in rainy season, this tyre can not handle wet condition and the aquaplaning is really bad (absolutely bad). When ER33 was fitted, the biggest problem is understeer since my car is FWD. it lost grip when I entered corners because my house is in plateau area which built with many corners.
the OEM fitted was 195/50R16.... therefore, for better cornering I chose wider tyres than the OEM fitted. So, I went for 205/50ZR16 for Michelin Pilot Sport 4 with OEM wheels.
The difference is really big !, the first time I drove the car when it came out from the tire workshop is absolutely amazing. The steering feel is pretty surprising because it felt lighter and easy to turn.
When I was entering corners, it gripped really well. So, it was easy to came out the corner. The breaking distance is really well. I know I'd never measured the breaking distance when I use ER33 but PS4 is much much better.
I thought since it's sport tyre, the compound will be hard and harsh when it hits speed bumps or uneven road surface, but it feels good or much better than ER33 (with soft compound) because Michelin mixed the compound for better performance for daily driving.
Since, I get this PS4 in dry season, I could not review when it hits wet road. Hopefully, I can give next review when it comes to rainy season...
I totally recommend this Michelin PS4 for you guys who drive sedan, hatchback or even MPV. Try this Michelin PS4 and you will never get upset and makes your old tyre rubbish.
4 - tyre reviewed on August 28, 2018
Given 91% while driving a Honda Motorcycle CB1300 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 13,000 spirited miles
Great tyres for UK or wet weather, but also fantastic on dry roads. I now only get Michelin Pilot Road 4 because they last me long enough giving me confidence on wet roads. My bike is quite heavy and tyres do get squared off due to lack of bendy roads, but that's not the fault of tyres.
12 - tyre reviewed on December 12, 2017