Michelin Pilot Street

The Michelin Pilot Street is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

Tyre review data from 16 tyre reviews averaging 66% over 56,400 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Michelin Pilot Street
130/70 R17 62S
90/90 R18 57P
3/100 R18 42P
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Michelin Pilot Street. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Michelin Pilot Street Review

Given 53% while driving a Yamaha R3 (145/40 R17) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Quite good if you want to ride in nice weather. Get rid of these tires if you'd like to ride during wet days as well! I ride on r3 with these tires and I don't feel confident at all with them!
I used to ride honda 125CBR in UK for more then one year, and to be honest, the grip on smaller tires (you know how tires of 125 bikes are) was MUCH BETTER then the grip on my much wider michelin pilot tires now. I've done already about 3k KM with them and had about 4-5 situations when I nearly felt down during wet days (I have really good experience how to ride in rain from UK but these horrible tires surprise me all the time).
If you want to ride just in nice weather - they're ok but still I think it's better to pay little extra to have decent tires, it can save your life, don't save money on it.
If it's possible that you will be catched by rain or you just want to ride during rainy weather - don't even think about buying this, honestly.
82 - tyre reviewed on October 4, 2016

Latest Michelin Pilot Street Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin Pilot Street tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Michelin Pilot Street? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Michelin Pilot Street >>

Given 99% while driving a Honda 1.6 I DTEC (130/70 R17) on mostly town for 0 miles
Excellent
0 - tyre reviewed on January 28, 2020
Given 83% while driving a Kawasaki Ninja 250 (135/70 R17) on mostly country roads for 6,800 spirited miles
Honestly I see a lot of bad reviews for the Tyre. I can’t really fault them myself.
I've had them on my ninja 250 for a bit over a year and 11,000km later they still look new with a good profile, no squaring or anything. The smallest tread depth is on the front with 1.9mm to go until the wear bars. 2.5mm on the rear.
PS tyre size on the rear is a 140/70.17 my tyre size isn't listed.

I have had one worrying moment in the dry where I felt the front slipping, but it gripped back after what felt like sideways ABS. Road surface was smooth, warm day and I didn't see anything on the road on that pass or on inspection the following day. I was riding briskly but not pushing it.

I regularly mess around breaking traction when its safe to do so, to see where the limits line. When I try endo's/stoppies I lock up 50% of the time, 50% of the time I lift the rear wheel, that seems good enough for me - rear wheel off the ground in my last rainy ride.
I'm definitely not a super fast rider (1cm chicken strips and my knees are still intact) but I do ride aggressively in a spirited manner. I mostly use my ninja to commute (on twisty country roads), hence the upright riding.
My other bike is a Street Triple 675 hence not using the ninja to its maximum capabilities.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 11, 2019
Want the best 18" Sports tyre? Watch this!
Given 86% while driving a Kawasaki Ninja 250 (135/40 R17) on mostly country roads for 6,300 spirited miles
Honestly I see a lot of bad reviews for the Tyre. I cant really fault them myself.
I've had them on my ninja 250 for a bit over a year and 10,000km later they still look new with a good profile, no squaring or anything.
No faulting wet weather performance, in fact it feels better in the wet than in the dry (though I ride more cautiously) - rear wheel off the ground in my last rainy ride
I regularly faf around breaking traction to see where the limits line, trying endo's / stoppies whatever, I lock up 50% of the time, 50% of the time I lift the rear wheel, that seems good enough for me.
I'm definitely not a super fast rider (1cm chicken strips and my knees are still intact) but i do ride aggressively in a spirited manor. I mostly use my ninja to commute (on twisty country roads), hence the upright riding.
Other bike is a Street Triple 675 hence not using the ninja to its maximum capabilities
1 - tyre reviewed on November 8, 2019
Honda (180/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 4,000 miles
Terrible tyres. I normally get 15000 km from a set. These hit the wear marker at 5500 km. Now I've done 6500 km and they are almost slicks.

They do grip well and I can lean the bike with confidence, but they are not half the price of Michelin Pilot 4s which have lasted me well over twice the km these pieces of shut did.
4 - tyre reviewed on July 13, 2019
Given 36% while driving a Yamaha YZF R125 (225/45 R17 H) on mostly country roads for 12,000 average miles
If you have enough money you should buy better tyres.
10 - tyre reviewed on November 17, 2018