Michelin Power RS

The Michelin Power RS is a Extreme Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

This tyre replaced the Michelin Pilot Power 3

Tyre review data from 9 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 11,450 miles driven.

Reports

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Michelin Power RS
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin Power RS
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Michelin Power RS. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Michelin Power RS Review

Given 87% while driving a Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa RK9 (190/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 500 miles
Fitted to my Suzuki hayabusa 1300 always had Pirelli before fancied a change wow what a change from the go loads of grip I ride it like a super bike with in 5 mile knee down outstanding tyre it's just got grip grip grip 10 out of 10 Michelin
129 - tyre reviewed on April 15, 2017

Latest Michelin Power RS Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin Power RS tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Michelin Power RS? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Michelin Power RS >>

Given 96% while driving a Suzuki 2000 vatari jx2.0 (180/55 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 850 spirited miles
I've done over 800 miles on my set of Power RS tyres. I fitted them in the cold and wet winter, the first surprise was that despite their look, the tyres worked well on damp roads, even when still scrubbing them in. I try not to ride in heavy rain, so can't comment on that, but I road on damp roads a lot and the compound finds grip somehow. Warm-up is very quick, they never feel wooden, where you have to just trust the tyre and hope. They give a comfortable ride, they're very stable and make the bike feel nimble. Enough about cold and wet behaviour, in the dry/warm conditions of spring these tyres are wonderful - you will not run out of grip on the road. On my bike they do need 35/36 psi in the front and upper 30s in the rear, else they don't feel as good - I always experiment with pressures and set my suspension to suit, once done I absolutely loved these tyres - nothing around, charge through some corners seemingly too fast, absolutely no drama, settled, tons of feedback, excellent. So is there a down side to such a great tyre ? well I was hoping for 3000 miles from the rear, but at 800 miles I'm a good 1/3 through I would say. My bike's lost a lot of weight, but the engine puts out 1290 super duke type torque now, so it does work them hard - I just sit on the bike ! Will I buy again ? bloody right I will, although they have brought out the Power 5 now, but I don't think it's any more sporty... maybe a few more miles out of them ?
0 - tyre reviewed on May 25, 2020
Given 81% while driving a (160/60 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 2,500 spirited miles
Before I tried this tyre, I had Pirelli Diablo rosso 3 set. So i go to my mechanic guy, he changed the tyres and as always said be careful for first couple of kilometers as the rubber is scrubbed in. I'm all prepared to give this tyre a go, so I went to the local twisty road, that i am very fond of. Its about 3-4 kilometers of twisty roads. It has all the corners from twisty 180 deegre turns, to long fast ones.So as the tyre is getting scrubbed and warmed up I can feel the grip coming in. It was scrubbed in so fast that after a few miles, i was giving it all i got on this excellent road. The grip on the front tyre is fenomenal and confidence expiring. So I immediately knew that this is the best tyre I rode to this date. The feedback is great, when you are leaned over and the tyre is communicating with you on the handle bars. I was so excited, i was literally going as fast as i could. So lets check the bad stuff. I ride on a KTM smcr 690. That is a light road bike. A fun supermoto. I got 4000kms(2500miles) out of the rear tyre. the front is still as new. I had a nasty highsider when the tyres aswell as road were cold at the end of the season. So this is really a summer hypersport tyre. Be careful when its cold outside and give this tyre a little bit of time so it can get to operating temperature. I would recommend this tyre to all fast guys on the road, aswell as intermediate fast guys on track. Wet grip is really not that bad, but i would not get this tyre if i lived somewhere in rainy conditions. So let the tyre warm up and then have a blast. One last thing. I figured that this tyre is at its best when there is 25*C(77*F) or more deegres celsius/fahrenheit outside.
5 - tyre reviewed on June 24, 2019
Trying to pick the very best all season tyre? Watch this!
Given 87% while driving a Ducati Multistrada 1200 (190/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
Excellent choice for twisty roads and track use. So long with the existing "set" have 8.000km's and are still 100% ready to race.... concerning the remaining Km's.
On the dry 10/10 but my surprise was huge on the wet, since the grip was very good for this category of tyre. Handling on twisty roads is comparable to track use so is feedback. Only negative due to the "over" curve design the comfort isn't at the level of the overall performance. But other that the Power RS is a excellent choice for a combine way of use...!!! Well done Michelin!
22 - tyre reviewed on May 7, 2018