Michelin Road 5

The Michelin Road 5 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

This tyre replaced the Michelin Pilot Road 4

Tyre review data from 10 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 36,400 miles driven.

Reports

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Michelin Road 5
180/55 R17 73W         6.15kgs
160/60 R17 69W         6.19kgs
120/70 R17 58W         4.26kgs
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Michelin Road 5. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Michelin Road 5 Review

Given 90% while driving a (190/55 R17) on for 0 miles
Have these on my Bking and my X11 commuter. Great all round tyre that doesnt fall short in any direction.
87 - tyre reviewed on June 7, 2018

Latest Michelin Road 5 Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin Road 5 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Michelin Road 5? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Michelin Road 5 >>

Given 67% while driving a (180/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 4,000 spirited miles
This is a soft tyre that has excellent levels of grip. Unfortunately, that's all I can say, in any positive way. These are horrible tyres when it comes to puncture resistance and longevity. The carcass is so soft, that any small nail or piece of metal will in all likelihood puncture the tyre. This does not bode well for road side fixes like tubeless plugs, nor for more permanent internal patches. I had a tubless plug spat out of this tyre that lead to a sudden deflation. Never in 30 plus years of riding and driving has this happened. When the tyre was removed and a mushroom style plug fitted, it failed to inflate. The carcass is so soft it would not vulcanise properly. The proof of this was the ease in which the tyre could be mounted on the rim with hand tools. Never again will I buy anything made by Michelin. This is a poor wearing tyre that lasted only 6000km whilst the Pilot 4s I had fitted previously lasted over 15000km. I'll stick with Japanese manufactured tyres from now on.
5 - tyre reviewed on July 21, 2020
Given 91% while driving a Honda CBR 600F4i (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Amazing wet grip, feels in it s element, Gives such a safe feeling, very good handling, look amazing, great wear, Love them.
3 - tyre reviewed on June 4, 2020
Want the best tyre for real world driving? Watch this!
Given 87% while driving a Kawasaki ER6F (160/70 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 14,000 spirited miles
Absolutely great tyres, last 14k miles and provide insane wet grip. It's near impossible to spin them on a torquey 650 and give confidence to lean even in pouring rain. For feedback and handling they were on the high end of average but definitely sportable. I've done trackdays on these tyres and had no problem getting knee down as the very edge of the tyre is basically a race slick. Reasonable price too. I would have bought these again if Michelin didn't come out with the Power 5s but Instead I'm trying a bit more sporty approach on the otherwise identical tyres.
5 - tyre reviewed on May 22, 2020
Given 91% while driving a (190/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 0 miles
Great mileage and I'm now in my second pair of Michelin Road 5 on a BMW K1300R.
The first pair lasted over 15k km of touring style riding that more than 2k km were in wet to pouring rain condition. I loved the feedback especially in the wet and now I use the second pair for occasional track days with pressure 32psi in the front and 30psi in the rear. The only problem I found so far is a wiggle sensation while driving out of a corner. It's not something that happens often but has happened enough times to take notice.
All in all, an excellent all around option for sport-touring
12 - tyre reviewed on August 21, 2019