Nankang Sportnex AS2+

The Nankang Sportnex AS2 Plus is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Nankang AS2

Tyre review data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 69% over 45,210 miles driven.

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 39th of 45 tyres

2018 Test World Summer Tyre Test - 14th of 16 tyres

• Positive - None mentioned.
  • Negative - Poor dry and wet braking, poor balance during emergency maneuvers.

2017 Auto Express Summer Tyre Test - 10th of 11 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nankang Sportnex AS2 Plus

Questions and Answers for the Nankang Sportnex AS2 Plus

2019-06-05 - Are the 265/30 20 runflats?

Your chosen tyre retailer will be able to indicate whether the size of the Nankang Sportnex AS2+ will be runflat or not, as run flat models are tyre size dependant.

Top Nankang Sportnex AS2 Plus Review

Given 46% while driving a Ford Mondeo TDCI (205/65 R17) on mostly motorways for 8,000 miles
These tyres are made from recycled banana skins treated with a generous amount of grease. In the dry they are fine. But if the road is slightly damp you would be safer dressed all in black trying to walk across eight lanes of the M25 at midnight whilst wearing a blindfold. The ABS kicks in whilst braking gently and traction control is regularly activated in 2nd gear if attempting to accelerate at any speed greater than the acceleration of your average snail.
Aquaplaning - I was aware of this phenomenon but had never experienced it in over 20 years of driving until I had these, now I can aquaplane with the best of them. In rain the car handles worse than Bambi trying to navigate a glacier after ten vodka red bulls. Yes, I know they are advertised as a summer tyre, but unfortunately I had no choice in this tyre purchase. If you live in an area where it never rains and the temperature never drops below 20 degrees then this is the ideal tyre for you. But if you live in the U.K. and value your life then do not buy these tyres. If you are a fleet manager purchasing tyres for Sun, Daily Mail journalists or Piers Morgan then get your cheque book out immediately.
64 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2017

Latest Nankang Sportnex AS2 Plus Reviews

Have you driven on the Nankang Sportnex AS2 Plus tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Sportnex AS2 Plus.

Given 43% while driving a Audi A7 3.0TDi Auto (265/35 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I bought the car with these tyres already on it (although have driven the same model with a different brand tyre). Due to these being on the car when I purchased it, I cannot say what milage is on them. These have good grip in the dry but aren't good in the went, and despite the 4 wheel drive they like to skid a bit without trying! Road noise is also very noticeable. Won't be buying these!
0 - tyre reviewed on February 23, 2020
Given 85% while driving a Mercedes Benz E350 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 600 spirited miles
No issues, great in wet, can take power from heavy right foot. Great price. Not sure why some users have had such a bad experience.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 26, 2019
This is the ultimate tyre test! Watch now!
Given 83% while driving a Nissan Pulsar (205/50 R17 V) on for 8,000 miles
Bought these to replace Continental Sport Contact 5s and they are a much better tyre all round, Dry grip is improved around bends although setting off quickly they aren't as good but its not night and day. Wet grip is greatly improved over the conti's I feel confident going into bends knowing the tyre will go where I want it to. In terms of wear I have done 8k on them so far the fronts have 4.8mm and the rears are on 6.2mm so I think they are wearing quite well. I would purchase again or an equivalent all season tyre from Nankang.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 15, 2019
Given 43% while driving a Volkswagen Golf R estate (235/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 150 spirited miles
These were fitted after trying some of Nankang's track tyres (NS-2R) on a different car which I thought were excellent. I thought it was only fair to give some if their UHP road tyres a go.

They've been on for a week and they're coming off already. Never before have I experienced a tyre that has changed the characteristics of a car so much (for the worse).

To start with they weigh a ton which was never going to be a good start. They make the car feel like I’ve fitted run flats. But the real change is in the precision and feedback from the steering which has just vanished. Turn in is vague. The accuracy around the straight ahead is woolly at best and as you increase steering angle they weight up hideously. All confidence in the front end has gone and I'm going round corners noticeably slower than I was on the Contis as I simply haven't got a clue/don't trust what's going on underneath me.

Add to that every tiny imperfection in the road is transmitted to the cabin making for a less comfortable and more fidgety ride. Some people will say that's feedback, but premium tyres somehow seem to give you what you need and filter out the rest. These just send absolutely everything to the steering wheel and your backside.

I haven’t even driven them in the rain. I can’t be bothered to wait for some. They’ve ruined a brilliant car and on that basis alone they're coming off.

Are they dangerous? I wouldn't go that far. If you have no interest in driving and only ever buy budget tyres then you're not going to notice their dynamic shortcomings. Nankang should also be applauded on their Road Hazard Lifetime Tyre Warranty where they'll replace the tyre on a sliding discount scale (excluding fitting and disposal) dependent on how much tread is left on your non-repairable tyre. However for anybody that possesses sensory receptors in their fingers and backside, these are going to fall a long way short.

I never expected the AS-2+ to stand up to the CSC6, but I didn't expect them to be this far off either.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 18, 2019
Given 56% while driving a Ford Mondeo estate (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 9,960 average miles
Purchased these tyres in January 2018 for my Ford Mondeo ST TDCi Estate. They replaced my previous tyres (Avons) which had lasted for 17,000mls and we were recommended these Nankangs as a good performance tyre which would easily last as long as the Avons. It is now October 2018 and we have just had the MOT and the tester has put an advisory that all 4 tyres are on the 1.6mm warning markers.. The milage from fitting in January to the Advisory is 9,960mls. I have never had a set of tyres which have lasted so poorly even the Pirelli P Zero's notorious for wearing quickly gave me 16,000mls. I have no issues with the tyres on the road perfomance wet or dry they aquitted themselves just fine and in fact the wear is perfectly even on the tyres with little shoulder wear which is usual on these vehicles. But the fact is they have work to UK Minimum in under 10,000mls which I feel is very poor and I would never buy again.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 27, 2018