Nexen N Fera RU1

Nexen N Fera RU1 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 81% while driving a Kia Motors Sportage (235/55 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
First impressions were markedly reduced low-frequency noise on the rough road. Very quiet at all-speed on the smooth road surfaces. Excellent braking performance, fantastic feel through the steering wheel and very comfortable ride at 37PSI VS UC6 I had before. Good enough in dry conditions and looking good in wet too. I can feel driving mileage improved slightly from 11.3L to 9.9L/ 100KM. Great value for money product.
8 - tyre reviewed on November 8, 2019
Given 86% while driving a Volvo XC90 D5 185 HP (235/65 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 9,000 average miles
Put these on my Volvo xc90. Very affordable tyre, half the price of a premium tyre. Good dry grip and handling, good in the wet too. I don't corner like a maniac so on the limit traction is unknown. Noise is much the same as any other tyre in my opinion and wear rate is good for normal driving habits. All in all a robust good value acceptable performer and would easily recommend.
3 - tyre reviewed on April 19, 2019
Given 93% while driving a Vauxhall Astra GTC (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
put four of these tyres on my Astra GTC that was running factory Bridgestones, which i hate. Bridgestones are like driving on solid stone, they are spine shattering. my local fitting centre was doing a deal on the Nexen tyre so i opted to try them and they are a revelation. they offer utter comfort, very low road noise and they have proved to have bags of grip in the wet and dry, even with spirited driving. they may well wear out quicker than other brands but for what i paid for them its manageable. overall i am very impressed with this tyre, it punches well above its weight
1 - tyre reviewed on October 10, 2018
Given 84% while driving a Vauxhall Astra GTC (235/45 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 14,000 average miles
I bought these tyres due to the value for money they offered. I paid £75 a corner which was excellent value for such a large tyre. I find the Roadstone tyres a lot more comfortable than the Contisport 5”s that we’re fitted by the manufacturer. I find the tyres excellent in the wet and dry and I have never driven beyond the limits of the tyre. The tyres have been on my car for 14,000 miles and the wear is excellent. I still have over 5mm on the front and 6mm on the rear. I would highly recommend these tyres to anyone wanting an affordable reliable tyre. I had Roadstone tyres on my previous vehicle and was that impressed I bought them for my current vehicle.
1 - tyre reviewed on September 21, 2018
Given 70% while driving a Subaru Forester 2.0 XT (225/55 R18) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Switched from factory fitted original Bridgestone Dueller 400H/L. Dry grip improved apparently. Wet grip improvement comes close but less predictable. Rubber compound on the softer side. Never aquaplan in rain season since new. Could be simply tread depth dependent though. I do a lot of hill drive winding down town to stay away from traffic during peak hours. These tyres are impressive in terms of road holding limit. Feedback is however, mediocre, your on road experience still desire if you want to floor the gas hard. Unlike some comments, the sidewall is stiff. Much stiffer than the original BS tyres. Quite not my cup of tea. Same factory recommended tyre pressure front and rear. Tread pattern is highway trend for mileage, instead of the stock BS that both mud/dirt terrain has been accounted for. Of course this Nexen goes quieter, on the contrary. But given that its cheap price tag, you really can't ask for more. A bargain find.
5 - tyre reviewed on April 2, 2018
Given 73% while driving a Subaru XV Crosstrek (225/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Tyres are quiet, soft and comfort and i would like to think it is more towards Touring SUV type tyres compare to what it is marketed as performance type. Anyway value for money for it's price range.
24 - tyre reviewed on August 24, 2017
Given 33% while driving a Volvo XC90 D5 (163bhp) (235/60 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 5,000 easy going miles
Wet or dry, the grip from these is terrible. I kept them on from November to May before I decided to swap them for the usual Pirelli tyre on my XC90 even though there was still 5-6 mm on them. I feel these were not suitable for those who want to survive an emergency stop.
They're quiet and the sidewalls are soft so the ride was great, they soaked up bumps very well. But they had to go.
47 - tyre reviewed on May 25, 2017
Given 82% while driving a Subaru forester 2.5xt (225/50 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
Coming from Fallen Azenis Fk453CC 235/50R18, the Nexen N'Fera RU1 225/50R18 were lighter in weight and on the steering column. The ride is comfortable and quieter while fuel consumption seems to be better as expected switching from 235 to 225 width!

For the price, Nexen RU1s are definitely highly recommended tires!
8 - tyre reviewed on April 13, 2017