Nexen N8000

Nexen N8000 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 50% while driving a Volkswagen CC (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 8,000 average miles
Casings failed with large circumferential cracks. Very lucky not to have gone bang replaced with Goodyears all round, consider these to be poor budget tyres that suffered dangerous structural failures
0 - tyre reviewed on March 13, 2020
Given 87% while driving a Volkswagen EOS (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 0 spirited miles
Replaced my goodyears on the eos, the nexen tires a very comfortable at the price, 10 % less precise when handling, but great grip, no noise tires for a vw Eos!
0 - tyre reviewed on March 1, 2020
Given 90% while driving a MG 6 (225/45 R18 W) on mostly town for 600 spirited miles
Brought these to replace similar tyres , for the price I can't complain , I've not done enough miles to really comment on wear ect . But over all a good tyre .
7 - tyre reviewed on April 14, 2019
Given 79% while driving a BMW 3 series (255/30 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
Bought nexen because this is my secondary summer setup for this car and did not want to spend alot of money.
Tyres are very nice suprise, specially for money they cost.
Dry grip is excelent, super quiet, low rolling resistance.
Wet grip is ok, not bad but not specially good either.
Probably will buy again...
7 - tyre reviewed on March 21, 2019
MINI Cooper (205/45 R17) on mostly town for 15 easy going miles
Not recommended
15 - tyre reviewed on February 20, 2019
Given 79% while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Having fitted Nexen N8000 R18 92Y tyres to my newly acquired Skoda Octavia VRS TDI hatchback they were nearly new. Driving on them mixed style for 20 000 miles (32 000km) I must say the are very good all-rounders. Honestly, being fun of Michelins (driven on my previous cars on Michelin primacy, cross climate and pilot sport3-which truly transformed my car to entirely different level) Nexens do not reach quite the level of Michelins. However, the Nexen N8000 is really dependable tire (HP true work horse) which will not let you down in any situation, from driving in the town (pot holes and kerb parking), through the Grossglockner pass (4 persons in the car and multiple passes) to the German autobahn (nearly empty car) with speeds in corners about 125MP/H (200km/h) and once I saw on dash board in down hill 160MP/H (258 KM/H)!!! They never let me down and offer very good blend of longevity, performance and fun. They are bargain for the price, and there is still a good few thousands miles left in the tread. Ideally I would get Michlelin Pilot sports 3 or 4 these days for my car. But I wouldn't feel bad at all to go for Nexen N8000 again If I would be a few quid short ;) Definitely would get them again as an alternative to the ultimate tyre :)
9 - tyre reviewed on February 1, 2019
Given 57% while driving a MINI Cooper (205/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 11,000 average miles
very good hold on the first year, after this noticeable weakness...
22 - tyre reviewed on December 25, 2018
Given 84% while driving a Mercedes Benz CLK 320 Coupe (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 42,000 spirited miles
I had these fitted on my 2005 CLK 320 with 218 HP. I rotated them left/right every 10,000 kilometers. They lasted me 68,000 kilometers and I was very happy with their dry and wet performance. They endured some nasty potholes without any trouble. Very good tires for $90 each for 225/45R17.

I fitted them in the rear as well and rotated them every 10,000 km. They now have 52,000 km and they need replacement. Same performance. They cost $100 each for 245/40R17.

If they are in your budget, definitely buy them!
0 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2018
Given 74% while driving a Mazda MX5 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
The tyres have done a few thousand miles . They are very good I the wet especially going through deepest puddles with ne steering pull. Impressive. Handling is fine surprisingly.I expected a lot poorer results frankly. I am used to company cars fitted with the usual premium tyres so it has come as a pleasant surprise how good these are. They had been fitted to the MX5 by the previous owner 2000 miles ago. I had decided to dump them as soon as I had the car and get some Contis .But the more I use them the more I am thinking I would be chucking away a perfectly good tyre. There is a lot of snobbery in tyre ownership and normally I would not have put these on my car. I would have been wrong .I drive quickly, when safe, on country roads so I have given these tyres a fair test not just on motorway miles.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2018
Mercedes Benz C36 AMG (275/30 R19) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Just bought a C63 AMG WITH THEM ON .275/30/19 AT THE BACK AND 255/30/19 IN THE FRONT . HOPE THEY ARE GOOD BECAUSE IN NEW ZEALAND IT RAINS A LOT .
23 - tyre reviewed on June 22, 2018