Nexen N8000

Nexen N8000 Reviews (newest first) - Page 2

Given 86% while driving a Volkswagen Passat Estate 2.0 TDI (170) (235/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 16,000 spirited miles
Fitted these to my 2012 VW Passat 2.0 TDI 170 Estate (remapped to 210BHP) on an Eibach suspension. They replaced the standard Pirelli Cinturato that were on it.

After 16000 miles of 'spirited' driving they are half worn (down to 4.5 / 5 mm) - swapped around at 11,000 miles.
The grip is excellent both in the wet and dry, and tyre noise - no different from the Pirelli's. Good feedback from the tyres and fuel economy no different from the Pirelli's.

An excellent all round tyre in my opinion and they cost less than half the price of the Pirelli's - absolute bargain. For anyone considering these i would definitely recommend.
3 - tyre reviewed on October 9, 2017
Given 33% while driving a BMW 530D (275/30 R19) on mostly town for 7,000 average miles
These tyres are no good. Failed MOT first year due to inside wall defaults. Company might say they are good but believe me don't buy and the tyres wont last. Tried resolving with the company I brought them with and nexen company " Stapleton's (Tyre Services) Ltd, , Erdington, Birmingham, B24 9QP" but no joy. Beware!!!
23 - tyre reviewed on August 7, 2017
Given 56% while driving a Toyota Auris (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 7,000 easy going miles
Too Noisy on the Auris hybrid
6 - tyre reviewed on July 17, 2017
Given 57% while driving a Vauxhall vectra 1.9cdti sxi (205/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
second one that has blown on us, first at 80mph on M25 second on back roads at 40mph. is it a coincidence?
noisy on concrete motorways, they have not been on long enough to properly review due to punctures!! both cases tyre is unrepairable, going back to Goodyears again
13 - tyre reviewed on May 9, 2017
Given 80% while driving a Mercedes Benz C63 AMG (275/30 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 11,000 spirited miles
I bought a Mercedes C63 AMG with these tyres fitted from a dealership and assumed the worst. I have been driving on them for a year and they have really impressed in all weather. Obviously due to the car I don't go mad on wet corners but everyday wet driving has not been an issue. In the dry they have performed really well and I have grown to trust them on fast bends / corners. Would certainly buy again.
23 - tyre reviewed on February 5, 2017
Given 79% while driving a Audi A4 3.0 litre TDI S Line Quattro (235/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 17,000 average miles
Now just about to buy my fourth set of these tyres (on two different cars, Audi A4 3.0 TDI Avant and a Audi TT 3.2 V6(both Quattros). Fantastic value for money even on performance cars like these two. OK they arent as good as Michelin PS3's or Bridgetones that I used before but they are now costing me under £200 for 4 inc carriage (less than half what I can Buy the Michelins for). They are a bit "squidgy" on turn in but improve once they have done a few 100 miles. The latest tread pattern has much wider grooves than the original ones and I find wet weather performance is excellant. I I thought this might be at the expense of more tread wear but the last set did nearly 17k miles on the A4. I dont think you can ask for more than that?
11 - tyre reviewed on January 3, 2017
Given 76% while driving a Vauxhall Vectra SRi 2.2i 150 (215/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
I work at a large dealership and the tyre reps introduced us to these with raving reviews, so i thought as i was due some new tyres i would give these a go, and they truly are very very good. Less road noise and comfier than Avon ZV7, Just as much grip as permium brands. Although i have not had them on long, and cannot comment on how long they can / will last, I am basing this review on my impression from new and over 1000 miles. Very wel worth a look if you are tight on pennies.Mine are 215/45/17W - I have them on an 02 plate Vectra B with the 2.2 150 engine with 17" wheels, i cannot tell a difference in comfort from when i swapped from my 16" wheels with 205/55/16W tyres, It handles better, much sharper and responsive.
6 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2016
Given 31% while driving a Skoda MK1 Octavia VRS (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
The worst tyre i ever put too soft that in every turn or change direction i was felt my car loose i can say tha this tyre turn my car handling to worst!!!
19 - tyre reviewed on October 30, 2016
BMW (225/50 R17) on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
For me it was a bad experience using these tires. Not excel in comfort. They are very rigid. In the chapter "wear" are very good, I feel like I'll never get rid of them. If you use the city's worst roads I do not recommend them. Motorway behave well, they are quiet and as I said do not wear out.
20 - tyre reviewed on October 10, 2016
Given 57% while driving a Skoda Yeti (225/50 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
I bought a used and approved 3 year old Yeti 2.0 tdi (fwd wth 17" alloys) with a full set of four fitted to the vehicle, with rears measuring approximately 8mm and the fronts 7mm, so whilst not brand new, hardly used in real terms. I wouldn't normally go for a budget brand, but after reading some positive and balanced reviews on this website, and the tyres so close to a brand new tread depth, I decided to be open minded and stick with them to see how I got on.

After covering 5K on the full set, my report is a mixed bag. Good Points were ride comfort good on Motorways, acceptable wear rate and good stability in hard braking conditions. However my two biggest gripes were 1. high road noise and 2. lack of feedback and grip.

The road noise I could live with as after all they were a budget tyre, so there had to be a compromise somewhere, but the absence of feedback, feel and grip offered by this tyre in anything other than bone dry conditions was for me a deal breaker. I am not a sporty driver, but when driving on a wet dark country road at night (something my daily commute regularly involves), I need to be able to turn the steering wheel in the bends and feel confident there will be grip for me. I also need to be able to pull away from junctions in the wet without the wheels spinning up and the traction control light blinking at me at only light throttle. Add into the equation wheel wobble becoming progressively worse once the fronts were only half worn, I replaced them with a set of Goodyear Efficient Grip performance, which for my vehicle are far superior in every respect and my fuel economy improved by a couple of mpg too, which justified the decision further.

Summary: OK for the money, and if you have a very 'Steady Eddie' driving style, but a classic example of you get what you pay for, and when the only thing between you and the road is your tyres, why cut corners?
4 - tyre reviewed on September 7, 2016