Nokian WeatherProof

Nokian WeatherProof Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 91% while driving a Renault Scenic (215/55 R15) on a combination of roads for 42,000 easy going miles

Mounted on a scenic xmod ( front wheel drive, bit more ground clearance and a snazzier traction control ) I wanted to access the mountains in the snow but not the expense of 4 wheel drive.
These tyres have been remarkable, I've had them on for just over two years and 42 thousand miles. Current tread depth is 4/5mm. I rotated them in January.
Dry grip has been fine, wet grip excellent. Comfort and noise also excellent. I do get 2 or 3 mpg less than the summers they replaced though.
The most impressive aspect though must be their snow and ice performance, I love to get out into the mountains in winter and these tyres have pulled me up steep snow filled roads in the Cairngorms with ease. Most gloatingly past a Range rover sport who was stuck spinning all four of his daft 22s.
No regrets at all and I will definitely buy again.
8 - tyre reviewed on April 6, 2019
Given 89% while driving a Hyundai Tucson (225/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 22,000 spirited miles
Replacing Hankook Ventus Prime 2 that lasted just over a year and 11000 miles
Fitted two of these Nokian Weatherproof SUV on the front in February 2017 - Garage was surprised at my choice telling me it was a winter tyre for driving in snow. Well that wasn't going to stop me, I'd done my research and was happy with my choice.
Instantly transformed the ride of our car. Smooth and quiet, and pretty good feedback through the wheel too.
They've seen me through wet winters, the beast from the east with 6 or so inches of snow and two long summer drives across France.
I can't fault them in any way, but if I was pushed, I would say it was the signs of wall cracking at around 3.5/4mm.
They are now at 2.5/3mm and I can still push them hard on wet roads and feel confident they're going to put me where I want to be.
20 months and 22000 miles of solid secure driving - I'm happy with that.
Only downside is trying to find them in my size to replace all four. No online retailers seem to do them.
7 - tyre reviewed on November 6, 2018
Given 60% while driving a (215/60 R17) on a combination of roads for 25,000 average miles
Although thesr tyres are excellent in terms of grip (dry/wet/snow), I definitely do not recommend them aa they wear REALLY fast. Had these (date of production 44/16) fitted on my Nisaan Qashqai J11 and lasted less than 2 years with some 40K km.
20 - tyre reviewed on October 22, 2018
Given 41% while driving a Volvo XC60 (235/65 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 1,000 easy going miles
Had great faith in these tyres although this proved to be unfounded. Fitted to an XC60 terrible wear/short life, wore done within one year I will no longer buy this brand.on the fronts at 12k miles. Rears lasted a little longer although also wore out within the second year at approx 22k. I would not recommend these tyres if you after longevity.
14 - tyre reviewed on July 30, 2018
Given 88% while driving a BMW X1 2.0 Xdrive (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
I was in a situation where I needed to replace both my winter tyre set and my summer tyre set. I came across these Nokian Weatherproofs and realised I would only have to buy one set, a considerable saving. I am really pleased with the tyres, not much difference from the previous Pirelli runflats in the dry, but better grip in the wet but more comfortable. The beast from the East gave me a chance to evaluate their performance in snowy conditions and I was again pleased with the grip and braking properties, as good as the dedicated winter tyres that I had previously. When in for servicing, the mechanic at the local garage said 'Those are good tyres, all vehicles like yours should have them as standard'. With the weather that we have in the UK, it seems like a no-brainer for everyone to use decent all weather tyres like these Nokians. If they continue to impress, I will fit them again in the future.
8 - tyre reviewed on May 13, 2018
Given 83% while driving a Subaru Subaru forester 2.0 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 20,000 average miles
Just been through the so called ‘beast from the east’ in Devon with our Subaru Forester driving through 6” of fresh powder snow/slush/ice and through 2 to 3 foot snow drifts, country lanes, up hill down dale. Preformed brilliantly with tread thats a couple millimetres from the bar. Never felt them struggling even with hill starts.
As you would expect with a winter bias all season tyre they do not perform as well as summer tyres in the on dry roads, but are perfectly adequate as long as you expect the forthcoming understeer. Superb in wet weather and inspires confidence with no noticeable aquaplaning.
Getting rather noisy now as they are at end of life and need to be replaced within the next couple of months. No noticeable road noise whilst had decent depth.
Excellent tyre, will be buying again, in combination with our Scooby they felt unstoppable in snow!
7 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2018
Given 92% while driving a Peugeot Partner combi (185/65 R15) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Brilliant ! I used to put winter tyres on November to March. This is my first set of Nokian Weatherproof's and they performed Brilliantly uphill downhill 6" of fresh snow / Hard pack snow / ice No problem. The only problem 'The Beast from The East' caused was '4x4's getting in the way !.
The rolling resistance is low (B) so will have no problem keeping these excellent tyres on all year.
Common sense would have these tyres as standard on all Vehichles.......and make learning to drive part of getting a licence.......!.
When you purchase a set of these excellent tyres just be aware that when its icy and you are going downhill and slowing for a junction/obstacle that car behind is likley to rear end you unless they have fitted NOKIAN WEATHERPROOF'S
4 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2018
Given 82% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (215/55 R16 H) on for 3,000 miles
Bought them out of economical reasons.
They feel good on the road, not as quiet as I was hoping for.
First snow and ice this year have showed no problem at all, I have yet too see the Electronic Stability Control light.
The summer has been good but the tires felt a little too soft with some corner handling small surprises. Very nice handling on the Austrian roads.
Simply put they are the best All Season Tyre I ever experienced.
I wish they were a little more quiet and no sogginess on the side wall.
They also look very good.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 25, 2017
Given 90% while driving a Subaru Forester (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 20,000 average miles
We are on our third Forester and have always been happy with the all season tyres that came with the car unbtil this latest one. We drive over the North Yorkshire moors which can get snowy at times. The first time we hit snow with Geolander tyres I was horrified with the poor grip. I then discovered they were a different design to the ones Subaru used to fit and were in fact a semi offf road tyre for dirt tracks. They were rubbish in snow. Researched and came up with the Nokian weatherproof. The Forester now behaves itself in snow with good grip and exceptionally so in really wet conditions. I have not noticed grip being poor in summer. They are wearing reasonably well although the front tyres wore more on one side but that is probably tracking. I will be buying replacement weatherproofs soon.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 20, 2017
Given 81% while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225/40 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 14 spirited miles
I posted a review in January 2016 and they were great tyres with a good 6mm of tread left after 14k miles. I've had to replace them with a set of Michelin Crossclimate + as the Nokian's started to crack around the outside edges and tread. Shame really as they never let me down.
22 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2017