Nokian WeatherProof

Nokian WeatherProof Reviews (newest first) - Page 2

Lexus (235/55 R18 V) on mostly town for 5,000 easy going miles
Put four of these on in January, replacing Kumho products which were unimpressive apart from being long lasting. There is not a wide choice of all seasons tyres in this size, the much regarded Michelin Cross Climate are not available. I have to date been most impressed with the Nokians, they are very quiet and give good steering feedback, grip in dry and wet is excellent. I do stress that I am not a "press on" driver, if I was then I would not drive a big SUV, so I have not explored the handling limitations of the tyre. I have not measured the tread wear but such appears to be minimal. I cannot comment on the performance on snow and frost as I have not driven in such conditions.
In my view the tyre is well suited to my vehicle and I would certainly buy them again.
4 - tyre reviewed on October 11, 2017
Given 80% while driving a Fiat Panda (195/50 R15) on mostly country roads for 400 average miles
Good winter tyre.loads of confidence.
Sidewall bit soggy.so it looks like the tyre is out of air.
Looks great to*thread*.
And you can spare your summer tyres longer..
A real thumb's up!
14 - tyre reviewed on January 14, 2017
Given 93% while driving a Audi A4 Avant (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 1,000 easy going miles
Stunning in the wet and on snow. Dry grip isn't what it was on the summer tyres and there's a lot of traction control used.
25 - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2016
Given 83% while driving a Renault Megane (205/60 R16 H) on mostly motorways for 6,000 average miles
I live in Ankara (Turkey). Both summer (35-40 celsius) and winter(subzero degrees and icy roads) driving conditions are extreme here. When i was buying my car, i directly replaced OEM Bridgestone B250s with these in order to avoid an additional set of winter tyres. Tyres are just perfect in winter, like a descent set of premium winter tyres. In summer, even in the direct sun (40 degrees), they do not create any itchy sound while hard braking or accelerating but they just offer average performance and lower limits comparison to premium summer tyres.

Overall, Nokians are winter-biased (not-suprisingly) four season tyres that can also survive in summers. They are just opposite of summer-biased Michelin CrossClimates. I think my next choice will be Goodyear Vector Gen 2s which, I believe, offer more balanced performance between summer and winter.
49 - tyre reviewed on July 14, 2016
Given 60% while driving a Suzuki SX4 1.6 LITRE PETROL (205/50 R17 V) on mostly town for 3,000 easy going miles
I bought these Nokian weatherproof tyres in Oct 2015 just in time for the uk winter after reading the excellent review given to them in the auto express magazine.
Wet grip is brilliant on these tyres the, best I've ever experienced!!! Unfortunately I can't comment on snow performance as we got very little.
It's now june 2016 and I've only done approx 3,000 careful miles on these tyres!
I noticed in early may that the tyres had started cracking badly in the bottom of the treads around the tyres shoulder area.
after several emails to nokian I was told to visit my nearest nokian dealer to have the tyres inspected.
The reply back was that it's nothing to worry about but keep an eye on it ?????
I won't be buying nokian tyres again if they crack like this after just 3000 miles! Avoid.
17 - tyre reviewed on June 3, 2016
Given 97% while driving a Ford Fiesta (195/50 R15 H) on mostly country roads for 15,000 average miles
mounted on a ford fiesta 2014, Very good in the wet and snow. Good grip in the cold and even good grip on dirt tracks. Definitely recommended
12 - tyre reviewed on April 26, 2016
Given 78% while driving a Volkswagen 1.8 20vT Sport (215/50 R16) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
So far run 5000k miles and found them to be as good as Wintracs for winter conditions with excellent cold dry grip, cold wet grip and frosty conditions, and hard packed snow. More recently with warmer dry roads I've found their limit rather more easily than I'd expected, considering these are touted as 'all season' tyres. They are quiet compared to the summer tyres I changed from but that's no surprise considering those are Bridgestone Potenzas with a 40% profile. Straight line stability at high speed is not as good as I would expect from a good 'all season' tyre - not as good as the Vredestein Quatrac, for example.
129 - tyre reviewed on April 3, 2016
Given 40% while driving a BMW 1 series (205/55 R16 H) on mostly country roads for 2,500 spirited miles
Traction and lateral grip on the driven axle is scarily absent in frosty/damp conditions (UK spring mornings 0-5 deg C). Fine otherwise in wet and dry conditions - better grip in light snow and quieter than the worn out Dunlop Winter Sport 4Ds that they replaced, but for year round use, disappointingly not much better than the Dunlops in the dry compared to proper summer tyres. I've got a separate set of summer rims, but I'm going to keep these on and wear them out through summer - they're *that* bad in cold mornings. Not sure to go back to proper winter tyres, or try Goodyear Vector 4 Season Gen 2, since I'm sure a winter-biased all-season tyre should be more suited to UK winters.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 1, 2016