Nokian eNTYRE

Nokian eNTYRE Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 71% while driving a Mercedes Benz s420 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Unlike most reviewers here, I'm based in the United States. I wanted to give the eNTYRE a try as I've always heard good things about Nokian and I found them on sale on Amazon for an unbeatable price. Although it was very hard to find any domestic write-ups of these tires I was willing to take a chance for the price.

I drive a 1995 Mercedes S420, which is a big and heavy car, and these replaced a set of Michelin Primacy MXV4, which were worn down to almost nothing after about 50,000 miles. I had initially considered upgrading to the Michelin Premier, but as I said the price for the Nokian was hard to resist.

Anyway, thus far I've been very pleased with the performance. They were very easy to balance and run whisper quiet on the highway and are exceptionally smooth. Road feedback is good, and cornering is every bit as good as my Michelins were. Wet handling is also just as good as what I'd expect from my previous tires.

I've taken the car out in the snow just once with the Nokian, and was pleasantly surprised. This car isn't known for it's snow performance but the Nokians made it as competent as it could possibly be without dedicated winters.

The only downside is that these tires do seem to transmit bumps and imperfections more than the Michelins did. If you're on a smooth road they're dead quiet, but bumps are louder than they used to be. I've spoken directly to Nokian customer service and they told me that when the tires are brand new they'll be somewhat louder until they're broken in. Thus far they've been correct, as the noise as gotten better with more driving. But I still expect that even after break-in they'll continue to be at least marginally louder than the Michelins.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase and would recommend these tires. In reading the reviews here, I have noticed that owners with premium/luxury cars seem to give better feedback than owners of more economy-focused cars. Just an observation, but seems to bear out my experience as well.
11 - tyre reviewed on March 11, 2018
Honda Accord (225/50 R17) on mostly town for 80,000 average miles
I purchased 2 for my 2009 accord and when I rotated them to the front they were very loud. Would not buy again. But very durable, they wear well
1 - tyre reviewed on November 4, 2017
Given 71% while driving a Ford Galaxy (215/60 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
I am a big fan of Nokian.
I have been running eNTYREs for the last couple of years.
These were a compromise from full winters (have use WRG2's before).
These were perfectly fine in the dry.
They were actually pretty good in any snow we had.
However, they were not so good in the wet.
For that reason only I would probably not buy again.
11 - tyre reviewed on October 17, 2014
Given 61% while driving a Volvo S80 T6 (225/50 R17 V) on mostly motorways for 24,000 average miles
Although these tires wear well, they get noisy after about 15K miles. I would suggest something else probably Michelin.
6 - tyre reviewed on May 30, 2014
Given 51% while driving a Skoda Octavia (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 35,000 average miles
Had these tyres for 2 years on a Skoda Octavia, I agree with earlier comments that the grip in damp/greasy conditions is awful, the car would readily lose front end grip on roundabouts at slow speeds which felt dangerous. Wear was good (35k fronts not down to indicators) however come MOT time both fronts had large splits on the inner tyre rims which I hadn't spotted so failed MOT and was told was lucky I hadn't had a blowout. Could just have been unlucky but never had this happen on any tyre before. Bought these originally for the snow performance which seemed ok but wont be buying again.
3 - tyre reviewed on July 5, 2013
Given 37% while driving a Honda CRV (225/60 R17 P) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
After 40 yrs of driving I have never disliked a tire until I got my Entyres. The only positives I have is that they are quieter than my previous tires, and they do fairly well in heavy rain. However, they feel positively unstable in dry conditions on highway speed turns. On straight fairly smooth roads I feel like I am rockin all over, and roads in bad conditions actually physically hurt my body. I constantly have gravel stuck in the tires from my driveway even 100 miles down the road. Every time I have the air checked they need to be aired up even if it's only been a week between. After having them balanced twice I still feel like I'm driving on lumpy wobbly tires. I have given them 3 months to settle in and I am taking them back this week. I do not recommend them for heavy driving at all. I really did give them a chance, the promotional ideas seemed so good, but they have taken the fun out of driving for me.
6 - tyre reviewed on June 27, 2013
Given 69% while driving a Kia Motors Sportage (225/60 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
I have a set of these tyres on Kia Sportage. Living in North West of Scotland we have quite varied weather pattern!!
I agree with most of the positive comments about these tyres. In winter conditions of snow and ice I have found these to perform nearly as well as full winter tyres. I have a subuaru which has a set of winter boots so I have pretty good bench mark.
Wear, rolling resistance and general dry performance is very acceptable. The Big downside of these tyres is the wet handling, not so much in full rain but more when it is damp or wet after dry spell when roads are "greasy". Here these tyres as quite bad. Very poor cornering and braking. I have decided that I can accept this due to other benifits, also don't need second set of wheels as they are pretty large wheels on Sportage.
Overall I would recommend these tyres and will probably buy again if price is right.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 21, 2013
Given 86% while driving a Subaru Outback (215/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 45,000 average miles
I have been extremely pleased with these tyres. The stock Yokohama tyres the Outback came with have lasted about 24000 miles for a set. These are on 45000 miles and still have nearly 6mm left. They also have a very handy tread indicator carved into the tyre, which lets you know how many millimetres of tread is left.

As all-season tyres, grip is not quite as good in Summer, but the winter grip has been fine, dealing with snow in 2011/2 very well. I would definitely consider getting them again. They are also low rolling resistance tyres, so economical as well.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 14, 2012
Given 56% while driving a Ford Freestar Limited (235/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 29,000 average miles
I do not like these tires. I drive a2005 Freestar. There was a 15% drop in mileage from my WR's. They have 29k miles on them with about 40% tread left. The tires wear well, and are noisy, more so on cornering. Shallow sipes are limiting the tires usage long term. In Michigan they are going to be replaced before they are worn out.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 30, 2012