Petlas Snow Master W651

The Petlas Snow Master W651 is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 19 tyre reviews averaging 76% over 128,850 miles driven.

2016 Winter Tyre Market Overview - 39th of 43 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Petlas Snow Master W651
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Petlas Snow Master W651. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Petlas Snow Master W651 Review

Given 75% while driving a Vauxhall Astra 1.7 CDTI (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 600 average miles
Did research and although none of the 'tests' actually featured these tyres I based my choice on the reviews and had them fitted just a few days before the recent snowfall - and so glad I did. Other cars, even 4 wheel drives, were stuck on the local hills but I sailed past with no problem. Massive improvement in traction on snow & ice - highly recommended.Can't comment on wear yet, but for the price an excellent buy.
114 - tyre reviewed on January 1, 2015

Latest Petlas Snow Master W651 Reviews

Have you driven on the Petlas Snow Master W651 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Petlas Snow Master W651? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Petlas Snow Master W651 >>

Given 96% while driving a BMW 118d (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 14,000 average miles
Bought these because i was very happy with summer tires from the same manufacturer, and again was happily suprised by the quality of them. Before them i had continental wintercontact ts 860 and comparing them i can see no difference except the petlas tires wear far less and drive better in the snow and cold dry wether. However in the rain the continentals were a little better but not by so much to urge me to spend more money on them ever again. Great tire cant recommend them enough.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 20, 2020
Given 66% while driving a SEAT Leon FR 1.4 EcoTSI (225/45 R17 V) on mostly town for 6,000 average miles
- Made in Turkey
- Great in heavy snowy roads
- Good grip in dry conditions
- Average in pure icy and wet roads, getting understeer when pushing the limits (It may be caused by lousy suspension of my Leon FR, I can't compare in another car)
- Road noise is acceptable but not great, at 70-80 km/h there is a resonance sound. But at slower or faster speeds it goes away.
- They are more comfortable than my summer tyres (pirelli p7)

I think considering how cheap they are, the performance is acceptable. But for my next set I will definitely consider a premium class tyre.

Regards from Turkey
6 - tyre reviewed on January 16, 2019
Want the best tyre for real world driving? Watch this!
Given 100% while driving a Vauxhall 1.7 TD estate (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 5,600 easy going miles
There was Continental on my car and at first I hesitated too much about petlas/starmaxx. But it is half price of famous labels, and Ithink it is worth to try. It is very comfortable,silent and grips very well. There is no need to give to much money. The accuracy of tire tests are controversial. Who pays more, win the test. I highly recommend.
27 - tyre reviewed on December 24, 2017
Given 90% while driving a Renault Megane (205/55 R16 R) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Last winter I used on my Megane4 HB. Tried them on snowy/icy mountain roads and had never problem about gripping. I can prefer these tires.
4 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2017
Given 33% while driving a Opel Corsa (185/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 easy going miles
It was a big mistake buying these tyres. I wanted to buy something better for this winter, but I realized that my new rims have extra stupid rare sizes, this is why I had to chose Petlas Snowmaster. It is just November, I haven't tried in snow yet, but in 0-5 degrees on slippy roads is a disaster to drive. I am really afraid to face the winter with these tyres.
I do not recommend to anybody to buy these tyres, they are very dangerous!
27 - tyre reviewed on November 25, 2017