Pirelli CINTURA/TO P6

Pirelli CINTURATO P6 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 10% while driving a Nissan Cube (195/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
I changed the original tyres of the car after 3 years of normal wear out and replaced them in October 2015 with Pirelli Cinturauto P6 tyres. I drive an average of 10,000 miles per year, the air pressure in the tyres is the correct one as specified by the car, and I drive on country roads but very carefully. In December 2016 the right front tyre showed a bulge on its sidewall so I replaced it immediately with another Cinturauto P6. In January 2017 the left front tyre showed a similar bulge on its sidewall so I replaced it immediately with another Cinturauto P6. In May 2017 this left front tyre which had been replaced in January 2017 showed once again a similar bulge on its sidewall so, once again, I replaced it with another Cinturauto P6. And now, in November 2017 the back right tyre has exploded, I was not aware if there had been a bulge in the sidewall of this right back tyre as I would have replaced it immediately if I had seen one.

Pirelli blames my driving and does not offer me any warranty.

I blame Pirelli because I don't think a tyre should be so delicate and because I never had any problems with the original tyres of the car with a similar type of driving.

As the tyres have been failing one at a time I have had to keep replacing the defective tyres for the same model but this last explosion has scared me and I am going to replace all four tyres with others that are not so delicate.
14 - tyre reviewed on November 20, 2017
Given 79% while driving a Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 i (175/65 R15 T) on mostly town for 24,000 average miles
On the under-powered Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 ,seemed give rather plenty of grip.(it was dificult to spin From Still ! )
Good Feedback and Good cornering control.Little plush on corner in , even though the had rather fat chik.(65).In wet they weren't as good though
Good performance in braking (Fiat has really bad ABS controller and maybe i ve underestimated) I suppose they could be better in wet.didnt like that
Comfort is liitle of compromise, probalby due to the strenghed sidewalls to provide good steering Feel.
Really good treadwear over 4 years on the car and they were handling efficiently at the last kilometers of their life
Under winter condition bellow 8 Degree Celcius, they were acting poorly, the handling was hitten for good
In some snow test, i ve tried they were complete unuasable

Would buy again the P7 blue probably if road noise in not the problem
1 - tyre reviewed on February 12, 2017
Given 100% while driving a Rover 400 (185/60 R14 H) on mostly town for 35,000 spirited miles
Best tire i ever driven.Spectacular grip even when wet didnt seem to lose any directional grip or feel of the road.Lasted pretty well long,consider that i drove the car every day for 4 years and most of the time agressively
Best low budjet(but with great performances)Pirelli produced in my opinion.
58 - tyre reviewed on May 25, 2015
Given 77% while driving a Ford (225/45 R15) on a combination of roads for 10,000 easy going miles
After 10,000 miles in 6 months, driving on various roads the tyres have barely worn. I'm pleased with them and would buy again. No idea how they would perform in the snow.

They have been filled with nitrogen so the pressures have barely changed over this period.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 14, 2013
Given 51% while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (195/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 20,000 easy going miles
These tyres were a big dissapointment. Tried them after Bridgestone Turanza that came with my new Ford.

The most disappointing thing is that they are very hard, and this affects their grip a lot. after only a few months they started spinning and loose grip easily on every case the city road was old and overused.

Now, 4 years after I bought them and only 20.000 miles, the front tyres are not significantly worn, but hard as rocks and full of wringles and cracks.

And of course they are terrible in noise and mpg.. Sorry, I will never buy them again..
0 - tyre reviewed on September 4, 2013
Given 39% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 1.9 Tdi (195/65 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
I have a golf V 1.9 TDI and I can say that they are rubbish: only 15000 miles and this tyres are completly ruined. When you drive, the noise reminds you how this tyre are awful. Pirelli says the cinturato are eco-tyres: they're just not!!!! With Nokian winter tyres I did better mpg that with the cinturato.
If you want a proper tyre DO NOT BUY this! Buy Michelin, Continental or go by foot!
0 - tyre reviewed on May 20, 2013
Given 81% while driving a Ford Fiesta (185/60 R14) on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
I got a 2001 Diesel Ford Fiesta I used as my work horse towing Car's on my A-frame and caravans. (Yes I did say cars and caravans with a fiesta). I need safety and grip when you got something riding your rear bumper. I cant comment on noise cos its a noisy car anyway and fuel economy isnt abled to be worked out cos I tow and that just throws it off. COmfort, my fiesta isnt comfortable. All I cared about was wet grip and dry grip. And they never once made me feel unsafe and were worth the money. I think they wear down slightly more than I thought but that could be because I do put them through their paces when towing so no comment. I would buy these again, yes.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 16, 2012