Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue

Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 67% while driving a Skoda (215/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
After about 10.000 km and season and a half of driving, tyres started to slip in wet. I noticed it even in city while accelerating. I drive Skoda Superb with two kids in the back so Iím definitely not a spirited driver.
5 - tyre reviewed on August 8, 2020
Given 59% while driving a Opel Vectra C GTS (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Hi,

This is a follow up on mid life of the tires!

After just 16.500km and 2 seasons of driving these tires have become I'd call dangerous on wet, with almost no grip at all, the car won't stop just like in ice even with just a little bit of rain on the road. Also when accelerating you have to be very very gentle.

On the dry it is the first time I experience my car lose grip even at very low speeds (on town roads), the dry handling was not particularly good to begin with but now the car is all over the place.

Barking and comfort wise I cannot feel any noticeable diffidence.

I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED BY PIRELLI, and It is very hard for me to understand how and why a brand like Pirelli makes such a bad product, definitely not going to buy any pirelli tiers again!
10 - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2019
Given 44% while driving a BMW 523i tourer (225/55 R16 W) on mostly motorways for 12,400 easy going miles
Bought these tyres as replacement of the Pirelli Cinturato P7 with BMW * marked.
The P7* performed pretty well. I have the tyres on a BMW E61 5-series. Initially I put the tyres on the rear wheels. The car went all over the place. The tyres gave very poor longitudinal stability. On the front wheels they are reasonable. Although.... I had to exchange tyres under waranty 2x as the tyres were simply not round and very hard to balance. Strong points of the tyres is grip in dry conditions and they seem to last forever. 20.000 km (12400miles) and just 1 - 1.5mm wear.
5 - tyre reviewed on March 13, 2019
Given 78% while driving a Volvo V60 D5 (235/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 20,000 average miles
I purchased this set of 4 Pirelli P7 Blue tyres, replacing Continentals on my Volvo V60, after reading reviews.

I was particularly impressed by the 3/4 mpg reduction in my fuel consumption, but my problems with these tyres are that they are very easily damaged. 3 out 4 of these tyres have had to be replaced due to sidewall bulges. The first was replaced after 10,200 miles. The second was replaced at 16900 miles and the faulty tyre returned to Pirelli for their comments, which were that the damage was probably caused by pot holes. Both these tyres were replaced with the same PirelliP7 Blue tyres. The third tyre was replaced with an Avon tyre, as it was the only one available in stock at the particular tyre centre, with the correct specification, and the faulty tyre again returned to Pirelli for their comments and again the response was that the damage was probably caused by pot holes.
Now, considering the state of a lot of our roads, regarding pot holes, I don't consider these tyres fit for purpose, It's easy for Pirelli to just state that 'it's probably due to pot hole damage', but if the side walls are not strong enough to withstand the rigors of our roads, they are not fit for purpose, and added to that is the inherant cost of replacing tyres that were not worn out!.

I have never had this type of problem with any previous makes tyres, on any of my cars, in over 50 years of driving.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2019

0 - tyre reviewed on March 5, 2019
Given 89% while driving a Volvo C70 D5 LUX (235/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 100,000 spirited miles
I've used these on my Volvo C70 D5, S80 D5, and a V70 T5 to cover 100k+

This is a touring tyre, and is the best I've used. As a touring tyre feedback can be a bit mushy compared to a modern sports tyre and they don't offer the same level of dry grip under very hard driving but to find these limits you have to be driving in a way that would get you immediately collared if the police saw you. Wet grip and braking is excellent too.

Tyre life is absolutely fantastic and almost unbelievably last twice as long on the front as other premium tyres I've used (Michelin Primacy etc). 30k on a set of front tyres on a remapped Volvo D5 vs 15K from the best of the other tyres I've used.

Highly recommended.
4 - tyre reviewed on February 23, 2019
Given 56% while driving a SEAT Leon FR 1.4 EcoTSI (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 12,500 average miles
I'm still using the the tires after 3 years and 20,000km on Seat Leon 5F FR 150HP FWD.
Dry grip is ok when tires are cold but fantastic if they are warmed up, but I can't tell the same for wet grip. Wet grip is really poor if you push them on bendy roads and corners. I experience understeer in wet conditions and it scares me.

The wear on the tires are excellent. After 20,000km 6.5 mm of tread left on the tires.
Comfort is below average I think. Even my Petlas w651 snow tires are more comfortable on bumpy roads and less noisy than these.

I think the rolling resistance of these tires are exceptional. I get 6 - 6.5 lt / 100 km of gasoline consumption in city.

I think I'll try Goodyear as my next tires because of the comfort issues of these tires.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2018
Given 37% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0TDI (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 25,000 average miles
the worst tires I ever had
not satisfied from the first day
dangerous on wet
not bad on a dry road
after 20k, they are only suitable for change
I think it's tires for taxi, and tiny cars
absolutely not suitable for sedans with an engine over 100hp
is the second Pirelli model and never more Pirelli
the previous ones were good, but still not perfect
I used conti tires, Michelin, nexen
different models, and I have never been so disappointed
even budget tires, just better
please avoid, take care of your safety
do not buy it, life is more important
1 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2018
Given 67% while driving a Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro (225/55 R16 W) on mostly motorways for 30,000 average miles
I drive quite a lot mostly on motorways and I have the tyres since 3 years already. I like them due to a lot of good issues which all others have also mentioned, however I am now thinking to change to another brand. The reason for that is that I had to order already 2 extra tyres in the last 1 year. 1 was damaged last fall at the car maintenance during the change for my winter tyres. The Pirelli was torn apart through the usual tool which they use to remove it from the rim. I was shocked when I saw it after 1 1/2 year of usage. In the maintenance they told me that they've never seen something like that. Last week when I let my winter tyres change to the Pirelli again at another maintenance one of the tyres had a bulge on the inner side. Either I received accidentally the 2 worst tyres made by Pirelli or the quality is worrying. I just ordered another tyre and it will be the last P7 Blue and will see what will happen.
4 - tyre reviewed on April 12, 2018