Pirelli P Zero PZ4

Pirelli P Zero PZ4 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 93% while driving a Volvo S80 D3 163 Comfort chassis (modified) (245/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I bought these tyres to replace old Nexen tyres fitted by the previous owner of my car. All of a sudden, the car changed. The tyres were actually able to transfer the torque (400nm) to the ground without any spin like the old ones. Wet or dry, it gives a much quicker acceleration and confidence. I was totally unable to find the limits of these tyres as of today but being a FWD car that is not sporty by any means, this is no surprise. I have Koni Special Active fitted, as well as upgraded rear sway bar, bushings, endlinks and that kind of stuff and I can guarantee that the PZ4 is the right tyre to have for a dynamic driving. No loss of traction, no DSTC warning. Same for the braking as I have upgraded disks and pads, stopping distance is unbelievable.

The main reason why I bought them in the first place is their quietness (69db) and low rolling resistance for low consumption but the overall performances are exceptional. I am truely satisfied with this purchase and it was a pain to change for winter tyres when the time came !
1 - tyre reviewed on January 15, 2020
Given 91% while driving a Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
I've had these tyres for quite a while now and I'm still happy with them. Dry grip and braking cannot be faulted, it just grips and grips. So far I've experienced the best steering feel in this category too. Wet handling is also remarkable, wet braking is exemplar in hot conditions. It quickly deteriorates as it gets colder however, so you may want to look elsewhere if you plan to limp through the winter with them here in the UK. As a collateral feature to its grip levels, one has to factor in their shorter than average life, they certainly don't last long.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2020
Given 79% while driving a BMW 218d Active Tourer (245/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 9,000 miles
Good grip dry and wet, very good steering feedback, decent noise level for a low profile performance tyre
3 - tyre reviewed on November 13, 2019
Given 73% while driving a Skoda Superb 2.0Tdi DSG6 170hp (225/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
Last year I had a bulge in the sidewall of my p0 tyre. Tyre was replaced with the same. Now I have p0's on my front both with small sidewall bulges. I know I hit a couple of pot holes over the last couple of months but 3 bulges??? Needless to say I won't be buying p0's again.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 19, 2019
Given 81% while driving a Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon (235/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 16,000 spirited miles
Main differentiator to the other tyres in its class is the ride quality and stable feel at high speed especially around steering center, the comfort and acceptable road noise level. Other strengths are dry grip, braking, steering response, although not the best in class. This is a very nice tyre for spirited driving in covering long distances on major roads, or for using low profile sizes. Aquaplaning performance is its biggest weakness for me. Wet handling does not inspire confidence, maybe due to the aquaplaning performance. Wears out rather quickly!
3 - tyre reviewed on June 9, 2019
Given 70% while driving a Ford Mustang gt (275/45 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 12,000 spirited miles
Good tire, but wear out too fast.
5 - tyre reviewed on February 15, 2019
Given 63% while driving a Audi A8L Quattro (255/45 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 11,000 average miles
I like grip with these tyres but they are made from chocolate. Utqg- mean tread wear is 220. With my Audi A8 L fronts after 10000 miles have 3,3mm. I never come across tyres like this. You get nexen nfera su1 40% less price and they do double mileage with similar performance and 69db compare to 73db.
Don't waste money and time on them
12 - tyre reviewed on February 3, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Alfa Romeo Giuiletta (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Previous owner of potenza s001
This tire is much more quiet.. It's also a lot less bumpy. Road feedback has improved and handling on wet and dry is exceptional!! Would definitely recommend giving it a try. I've driven for about 6000 miles on a combination of roads and the tire wears out slowly.. I think it's gonna last for at least another 15K miles!!
9 - tyre reviewed on December 7, 2018
Given 92% while driving a Lamborghini Gallardo (355/25 R21) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
These are the Lamborghini approved P Zeros on the Aventador S. Stunning tyre in wet and dry, great steering, loads of feedback. Also loads of noise.

Obviously all this goes with the nature of the car and I've not tried any other tyres on the S, but I don't see the need to change. Very impressive
8 - tyre reviewed on December 7, 2018
Given 53% while driving a Alfa Romeo Giulietta (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 12,427 average miles
Was offered these in comparison to my initial choice of 2nd set of PS4 which these supposedly handles just as well and have lower noise.
1.5yrs with 20k KM (12427.424 miles) milage and they are worn and due for a change.
22 - tyre reviewed on October 19, 2018