Pirelli P Zero Runflat

The Pirelli P Zero Runflat is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 26 tyre reviews averaging 69% over 214,320 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Pirelli P Zero Runflat
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Pirelli P Zero Runflat

Questions and Answers for the Pirelli P Zero Runflat

2017-03-13 - Recently there has been a new Pirelli P Zero launched with specific requirements for different car manufacturers. Has the P Zero Runflat OE for BMW cars also been upgraded to the new Pirelli tyre with the latest technology? So if I buy a new Pirelli runflat for my BMW I will be buying the latest tyre technology?

We're unsure on how many of the runflat sizes have been updated, but tyre dealers are referring to the new P Zero as the PZ4, so if you specify this version of the tyre they should know you want the updated model and advise accordingly.

2017-03-21 - Is it advisaible to have 3 Pirelli P7 runflats and one P zero on nearside rear

No, it is never advisable to mix a runflat and non-runflat tyre across the same axle.

2019-09-10 - Having read all the reviews about this PZero RFT, I am confused if I should go for the PZero or Bridgestone S001 RFT!! Please advise 218 D MSport

There's very little objective runflat testing done in the world sadly, though if it's the new PZ4 in runflat I would think about that. Also check out Bridgestone DriveGuard.

Top Pirelli P Zero Runflat Review

Given 81% while driving a BMW 330 Msport (255/35 R18) on mostly country roads for 30,000 spirited miles
I replaced these tyres with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy2 - 255/35/18 on the rear and 225/4/18 front. BMW 330d MSport
Hindsight is a great thing - people slag off runflats as harsh, uncomfortable, noisy, tramlining etc but it's noticeable how inferior the Goodyears are to this tyre.
I got 30k miles out of the Pirellis, great feedback, instant and rock steady turn in. The Goodyears are washy and imprecise in comparison. Yes the ride is more supple but I don't get anywhere near the precise feel of this Pirelli. I chose the Eagles because everyone raves about them and says BMWs are great odd runflats - maybe that's Bridgestones they complain about because the Pirelli runflats are a much better tyre.
Anyone want to buy some nearly new Goodyears?
53 - tyre reviewed on March 2, 2015

Latest Pirelli P Zero Runflat Reviews

Have you driven on the Pirelli P Zero Runflat tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the P Zero Runflat.

Given 73% while driving a BMW 520d M Sport (275/35 R19 W) on for 15,000 miles
These lasted 15k on the rears and as they are run flat they were good tyres. I had 2 puncture repairs with no issues otherwise it would have been 2 new tyres so run flats are well worth it.

Dry handling excellent
Wet handling good
Aquaplaining the tyres held firm
Fairly progressive when driving aggressive
Comfort levels were good for a run flat as much as they can be
I would buy again but not for £280 per tyre and seeing they are E for fuel efficient and B for wet grip I will try another tyre.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 10, 2019
Given 56% while driving a BMW 120d M sport (215/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
I purchased my car with these already fitted. They are 6 months old with approx 5-6mm of tread depth.
They are very comfortable for a runflat, not too noisy and dry grip is good.
They are progressive in the dry.
Wet grip is average and they don't clear standing water very well. This has led to a couple of very scary moments in heavy rain on faster roads.
I think I will replace with something else when the time comes. Rarely have I driven on a tyre which lacks so much water shifting ability, I can only imagine how bad they will be once the tread wears down.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 13, 2019
Do winter tyres really work on supercars? Watch this video to find out!
Given 64% while driving a BMW 440i Gran Coupe M Sport (225/40 R19 W) on for 13,000 spirited miles
Pro: good response, not as harsh as expected at 2.8 bars all around.
Cons: bad handling on wet roads even if the tire is at good temperature, the tread is worn off after 15000 km, mostly on the rear 245/35/19 and i have an xdrive.
The most upseting thing is that after contact with a pothole everytime i have a bulge or the tire is cut at the contact point with the rim. I changed 3 times the left front tire and the left rear still has a small bulge on the shoulder. I will not buy this tire again.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 25, 2019
Given 51% while driving a Mercedes Benz C300 (255/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 3,500 average miles
Tyres are good in the dry, but noticeably lack grip in the wet, wheels can spin even under less than firm acceleration. The ride is comfortable enough, but could be better. The tyre noise is probably the worst aspect of these tyres, but all run flats are louder than their non-run flat counterpart, but they seem to be wearing quite well.
6 - tyre reviewed on May 3, 2019
Given 69% while driving a BMW 530i (275/35 R18 W) on mostly town for 8,000 easy going miles
My BMW has a staggered set up, 275/35 18 on the rear and 245/40 18 front.
I previously had Dunlop SP01 RoFs which were awful, tramlined, very hard tyres which lasted.
These Pirelli’s were a marked improvement in my BMW 530i.
Comfortable for run flats, and no tramlining. Noise was acceptably low.
Steering feel was excellent. Starting and stopping in the dry was sure footed.
Strangely I felt wet grip to be less good than the Dunlop’s.
Sadly this tyre lasted for around 8000 miles (15 months) of mixed relaxed driving.
I changed these to Michelin PS2 ZP.

8 - tyre reviewed on August 27, 2018