Pirelli PZero Corsa System

Pirelli PZero Corsa System Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 47% while driving a Holden commodore (265/30 R19) on mostly country roads for 400 average miles
A little disappointed with grip still getting a lot of wheels spin but with over 500hp at wheels it’s hard for a street tyre
2 - tyre reviewed on May 2, 2018
Given 67% while driving a BMW 335i (265/30 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
Perfect set for dry roades. Extremely gripy, impressive handling in dry. In wet the tyre is a disaster. Close to zero for aquaplaning and I noticed that the average speed in wet drops for approx 35% compared to dry conditions. The wear is very poor but if we are honest you do not buy these kind of tires to complain about how long do they last don't we. Will certainly buy them again, the drifts are fantastic and easy to control with RWD.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 25, 2018
Given 71% while driving a Porsche (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
best tyre for my porsche turbo
0 - tyre reviewed on October 5, 2014
Given 73% while driving a Lamborghini Gallardo (295/35 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 7,000 easy going miles
the pzero corsa system with asimmetrico2 is stock tyre on my car. I am very happy on dry road with this tyre but it is not so good on wet. I bought 2nd set at 7000 miles, because this tyres are very soft and fast wear. I suggest this tyre to use with super sport cars.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 3, 2012
Given 69% while driving a SEAT Ibiza 1.9 Tdi (195/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 40 average miles
I live in Spain I have a Seat Ibza 1-9 2007 with Pirlli
195/55sr 15 85v with original alloy rims.
I am due for a new set of tyres. I do not want again the old Pirlli brilliant on good surfaces/ very quiet. but--- these
low profile Pirllis, are so noisy. The noise on uneven surfacing (joins in Tarmac ect) is
like a sledge hammer hitting the underside of the car.
Hancook have been recomended. Are they quieter.or --Do I come away from low profile? How would the car handle? My previose Ibiza was so quiet on tyre noise
2 - tyre reviewed on May 27, 2011
Given 86% while driving a Holden Clubsport VR (1994) (235/40 R18 W) on track for 250 spirited miles
I've only had experience with the Advan Sport V103 & now these.
Next ones are Marangoni Mythos.

Anyway Re: these tyres.

I use these downunder in Australia in the state of NSW.
Setting is for Super Sprint track days with the HSV Club & other co-joined clubs.

I think it's nearly an awesome all-round tyre. Nearly grips to the best of it's ability in the dry. Out performs other semi slicks in the wet for sure!
My car rarely slid sideways on the Skid Pan (water track test day).

Would definitely recommend to anyone & no have no hesitation to buy them again!! AAA+++
0 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2011
I've only had experience with the Advan Sport V103 & now these.
Next ones are Marangoni Mythos.

Anyway Re: these tyres.

I use these downunder in Australia in the state of NSW.

My car rarely slid sideways on the Skid Pan (water track test day).

3 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2011
Given 81% while driving a Porsche 996 Turbo (295/30 R18 W) on track for 31,000 spirited miles
Excellent track tyre.

90% of the dry grip of the PS Cup, but waay better in the damp, and lasts lots longer
1 - tyre reviewed on April 20, 2009
Given 57% while driving a BMW E34 M5 (235/45 R17 W) on track for 500 spirited miles
I've only gotten 500 miles out of these tyres as they've been used on my track wheels and are never used on the road. They take a couple of laps to warm up, and you won't want to use them between the months of October & March, but once up to temperature they easily exceed the grip of my normal Michelin PS2s on the track although this extra grip comes with a price that means you don't get as much progression before you lose all grip.

I've done both circuit days and airfield days, and I got 4 circuit days out of them and would have gotten more had I not done an airfield day in them. The airfield day destroyed the tyres within 3 laps - mainly due to the nature of the surface (i.e. high abrasion concrete for airplane landings) compared to treated tarmac on proper tracks - and that they are a soft tyre.

In the dry they are great - not as good as proper race rubber - but you can use them in the wet, as long as you're careful.

Don't know whether the previous reviewer used them on a proper track or not, but I'm not surprised they were killed on an airfield surface. My PS2s only last half a day (4 sessions) on an airfield and they're a harder compound.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 20, 2007
Given 32% while driving a Saab Automobile 9000 aero (225/45 R17 W) on track for 50 spirited miles
I fitted these tyres to my 9000 aero. I used them for my recent trackday at RAF Marham. Second lap the back end started to step out on the sweeping left hander. Car didn't feel as secure compared to when I was running road tyres Toyo T1-R's.
Came in and altered tyre pressures from 36 psi to 30 psi, didn't make much difference. Midway thru the third session the front nearside tyre de-laminated and the upon inspection the offside front was badly worn also.
I did 2 full days previously at this track with the Toyo's and the fronts lasted the whole two days. These pirellis lasted less than an hour on the track and didn't give any more noticeable grip than the road toyos which lasted the full 2 days and over 200 track miles.
My car puts out 287hp, approx 350 lb.ft torque and runs a LSD. Whilst this is all thru the front wheels and is hard on tyres in general i would never use these Pirellis again. A total waste of my money.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 4, 2007