Pirelli SNOWCONTROL Serie II

Pirelli SNOWCONTROL Serie II Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 93% while driving a Dacia Sandero 1.4 (185/65 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 11,200 average miles
Been driving these Pirellis for six winter seasons and about 18000kms so far and intend to drive them for couple of seasons more.

They have always been a bit noisy, but that's about the only thing I can complain about. Wear is good, dry grip OK, wet and snow grip fantastic even after five seasons of use. Very pleased with it.

Definitely would buy again a Pirelli winter tyre, and can recommend them to everyone. They are worth the price.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 23, 2018
Given 50% while driving a Mitsubishi Grandis Elegance 2.5ltr (195/60 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
Bad tyre for those money.
3 - tyre reviewed on October 22, 2013
Given 96% while driving a Renault Grand Modus (185/60 R15 T) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
Had these fitted to our Renault Modus Automatic in December 2010, 2 days later it snowed like H**L(a lot in Essex), our little car made it up and down hills when almost all other vehicles were stuck, the control of our car was so precise and breaking was just Fantastic, I tested emergency breaking in about 4" (10cm)of snow/ice on a back road (not even on a map and no other road users in sight) it was fantastic. We then sold our Modus to a friend including the winter tyres) and bought A Grand Modus Automatic, I purchased Avon Ice Touring for the winter of 2011/12. NEVER AGAIN ! they just didn't feel safe so it was hello *-bay. I have just bought another set of Pirelli's and know that my family will be a lot safer if we get a bad winter in the UK. I fit them to spare steel wheels.
Being a retired professional driver (IAM member)PCV,HGV1 etc, I am of the opinion that winter tyres should be made compulsory in the UK.
6 - tyre reviewed on October 20, 2012