Rapid p609

Rapid p609 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 49% while driving a Hyundai Accent (205/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
New tyres on new wheels on new car . Very loud noisey things . Rumble rumble from the block tread . Done 4000k and looking to change them soon . Just don’t like them
3 - tyre reviewed on January 17, 2020
Ford Focus ST250 (225/40 R18) on mostly town for 0 average miles
I had one of these on the car when I bought it and when i replaced all 4 they said the grip was still medium. I got through the front ones and decided to buy another BCT Rapid P609 to go with the previous.

For me the grip has been alright and still lots of tread.

The worrying thing is the side walls perish faster and I have cuts and bumps in my side walls.

It came on very fast and is still developing. CHANGING these ASAP. DON'T BUY! Something will occur very fast in these before the mm of grip even looks low!
3 - tyre reviewed on August 31, 2019
Given 29% while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class (225/45 R16 R) on mostly motorways for 4,872 easy going miles
I'm absolutely disgusted by having Rapid tyres fitted my all 4 wheels. I trusted the tyre shop but now I feel I'm betrayed by the tyre shop.

These tyres are unsafe anyway from new as they lack grip, handling, encourages poor fuel performance and above all it wears out too quickly. I had punctured tyre twice and thank god it wasn't on a motorway. It is disappointing to have your new tyre punctured. Surely, the tyre lacks strength and durability.

I was shocked once I felt floating on wet road which made my driving really difficult so I remained extra cautious until I reached my destination. I discovered the rear tyres were almost flat which is why my driving was difficult and extremely dangerous with such poor tyres. I would have been penalised by the police should they have found it.

I only drove 4872 miles after these tyres were fitted new and would never ever use this brand (Rapid Tyre) again niether I will even think of recommending this shoddy company to anyone. They are extremely poor quality dangerous tyres to buy and use.
12 - tyre reviewed on June 23, 2019
Volkswagen (235/40 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 40,000 spirited miles
I fit this tyres on my car 3 yrs ago and I still use them. I've done with them 40k miles till now and I will change them this year
For budget tyres I can say that I was overall satisfied with them.
On dry, grip was like 80%
On wet 60%
Wear rate - good(40k miles- rest 3mm)
21 - tyre reviewed on April 25, 2019
Given 53% while driving a SEAT Leon ST TDI FR 184 (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 8,000 average miles
Fitted by car supermarket to the front wheels prior to me buying the car.

These are not great tyres. They are about £35 fitted and you can see why.

They actually did okay over the warm, dry summer. Car not pushed that hard but struggled when accelerating hard from a standing start. Traction control kicked in, in the dry... Not great.

Thought they would be okay and will swop out when part worn. Then it rained. A lot. OMG - they have at least 6mm of grip and I thought I'd aquaplane. Hit any standing water, even at 60mph and you don't feel safe. Cornering and acceleration require gentle handling or you'll spin out. Feels like a higher quality tyre when it's at 2mm and starts to feel a little slippy. Shouldn't be like that when 6m old.

Mine are an XL tyre and the feedback is a bit stiff. They'll do a job if you want to potter around but I really don't think they belong on a FWD 184bhp TDI. I don't even drive it that hard.

My previous car had Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance on them and they may cost more, but I can't drive this winter with such rubbish tyres. I have no faith in them at all.
8 - tyre reviewed on September 22, 2018
Given 64% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Vector Sport TiD 150 Saloon (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
No No No had fitted to my Saab 9-3 vector sport and they worned down by 10000 miles and it’s not like my tyres pressures were low as I’d check em very week and the lowest they got was 34 psi and not the mention the support these tyres give when handling and braking are very sh*t and offer no real support in dangerous conditions. Id get better grip out my gran’s false teeth so I would highly recommend not getting these tyres
10 - tyre reviewed on August 29, 2018
Given 74% while driving a Ford Focus C Max (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
Lets be honest I sell tyres and I see a lot of worn tyres and tyres at the end of their life,this brand is one we have tried and tested on our own car as if im selling to my customers I like to make sure that MY CUSTOMERS WILL COME BACK FOR ANOTHER SET, OK first all tyres will crack over time even premium so that's going to happen if you don't wear them out but they tend to last longer than most budget tyres,the life of these tyres is above average I had one customer high milage user doing 24000 miles on a set and changed them with about 2 mm across the tyre,we managed 18000 miles on the front of our test car,hey if they are priced right then I don't think you would be disappointed using this brand,also three a and aoteli these are from the same family just using a different name
24 - tyre reviewed on June 13, 2018
Nissan tida (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 200 spirited miles
i Have purchased and fitting this tyre for 111GBP in abu dhabi, just two days before. earlier i was having bridgestone turanza.
with Rapid p609, my first observation is it's not comfortable at all. vibration from tyres might destroy the vehicle because it just transfer road profile to vehicle. smooth road, smototh ride, bumpy road bumpy ride.
12 - tyre reviewed on June 10, 2018
Given 97% while driving a Vauxhall Astra H 1.8 Estate (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Excellent tires, very comfortable fitted to my Vauxhall 1.8 16v. Estate. Set of four from new - hardly any wear and road noise ! Excellent grip. They are now 3rd year on my car and the wear is consistent and they look exactly the same as on the day of purchase- still new ! It doesn't matter if you driving trough the snow or in a hot summer days, tires are doing great job and giving excellent performance because they are made of rubber and silica compound !!! Simply perfect tire without any doubt !
I personally would recommend these excellent tires
9 - tyre reviewed on January 7, 2018
Given 47% while driving a Citron C4 (205/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Bought my car from 2nd hand dealership who had clearly bought these on the cheap to sell the car. It was when I put these under pressure that I felt uneasy. Massive understeer and barely dealt with loads exerted.

Yes, they might do you as a stop-gap solution should funds be tight. For me, they are coming off and would suggest your life is surely worth more than £100 for 4 tyres (approx).
1 - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2017