Riken Maystorm 2 B 2

The Riken Maystorm 2 B 2 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 18 tyre reviews averaging 53% over 194,000 miles driven.

2016 Market Overview - Braking Test - 27th of 50 tyres

2015 Market Overview - Braking Test - 26th of 53 tyres

2014 Auto Bild 50 Summer Tyre Shootout - 41st of 50 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Riken Maystorm 2 B 2

Questions and Answers for the Riken Maystorm 2 B 2

2017-05-03 - Can i use maystorm 2 b2 on kia sportage 2014

Assuming you can find the correct size and load rating, yes you can.

Top Riken Maystorm 2 B 2 Review

Given 77% while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 cdi sport (255/35 R18) on a combination of roads for 9,000 average miles
Had Continental which were great but am planning to change so didn't want to spend big bucks. Was recommemded the Rikens and have to say I'm pretty impressed - not in the same league as the Contis but a really good tyre at a great price.
160 - tyre reviewed on January 26, 2014

Latest Riken Maystorm 2 B 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Riken Maystorm 2 B 2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Maystorm 2 B 2.

Given 38% while driving a Volvo S80 3.2 AWD 2007 (225/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Worst tyres i have ever had. Bought my car with Rikens on and i am sure that i will never buy them again. They are going to the bin soon. Horrible wet grip and too noisy. Dry grip and handling are below average too. ABS often kicking in even on dry surface while braking harder than normal (hard but not too agresive). Maybe good enough for city driving, everywhere else they are just bad.
3 - tyre reviewed on November 7, 2018
Given 34% while driving a Toyota Yaris (195/50 R15 V) on mostly town for 10,000 easy going miles
Fitted on a Toyotas Yaris 2001. Last week I bought a set of 4 Petlas VELOX SPORT PT741 for 175€ because the previous ones (Matador MP16 Stella2 & Riken Maystorm 2 B2) were unacceptable to dangerous. The Rikens were the worst tyres I have ever had. No grip, worst wear and worst fuel consumption ever. Changed them in a year because I did not want to have an accident! There are a lot of other budget tyres in the market to consider.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2018
Given 37% while driving a Volkswagen Scirocco 2.0 TSI 210hp (235/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Worst tyres I have ever had. No grip whatsoever, even if dry, they feel on the edge all the time. Braking distance is horrible. In the wet they are dangerous, always slip and you can barely stop under more heavy braking. They are quiet and fairly confortable, but I would never recommend them to anyone ever.
7 - tyre reviewed on April 17, 2018
Given 24% while driving a Citron DS5 2.0 Hdi (235/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Done about 9 months on these (so about 10,000 miles), as my local mobile fitter did not have the Maxxis HP5 Premitra I replaced before that I was happy with. Sad to say, after about 6 months they really start to degrade so definitely a false economy. As another reviewer says, in the wet they really are dangerous.

I have a Citroen DS5 which is rather heavy for a car of its size, so used to some fairly aggressive tyre wear (around 15,000 miles would be the absolute max I would expect even from a premium tyre). At 160bhp as well it has a fair bit of punch, and these are prone to wheelspinning up to third gear in even just a slight dampening of the roads. When greasy in the summer I expect I will have an accident if I keep these on, so they are going this week. Shame, because in the dry they are as good as any mid-ranger if a little noisy.

I should also mention to my utter surprise, they actually got me home in the snow last week when the "Beast From the East" descended on the UK without having to stick the snow socks on. I was absolutely bricking it knowing how they are in the wet, but actually if anything they were better on the snow. How that works, I have no idea. I would not reccomend them for the purpose, but as a last hurrah I am proud of them for that!
4 - tyre reviewed on March 5, 2018
Given 43% while driving a Volkswagen Golf (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Let’s just start by saying I’ll never ever have these tyres fitted to any car I drive ever again! In wet conditions these are dangerous, they have almost no grip and are very unpredictable; even in slightly damp conditions I have no idea if they’ll loose grip or wheel spin etc. Snow? HAHA - forget about taking the car with these on it.
In the dry they seem ok but over the last 5000 miles I’ve had them fitted I’ve never been inspired by them enough to try and find their limits. Seem happy enough to cruise the UK road network in the dry just don’t rely on them to bail you out in the wet.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2018