Sunny SN3800

Sunny SN3800 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Volkswagen Transporter (255/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 easy going miles
Horrendous tyres! We have replaced just about every component on the van, wheel bearings, drive shafts, all to try and cure the horrendous noise coming from under the van to no avail. Once there was nothing left to replace we tried another set of tyres and found our problem. We also found a bulge in the wall. They handle ok both in wet and dry, a bit sluggish, but even if they gave a perfect ride we would still bin them.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 22, 2020
Given 20% while driving a Ford Kuga (235/50 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 3,000 miles
The worst tyres I ever bought. They only lasted 4 month 3k miles. Uneven wear on inner edge, feathered o cupped. Road noise is horrendous plus vibration. They still looks like new but undrivable. Suspension has been checked 3 times in a different garages, 3 times 4 wheel alignment done, everything is fine. So must be tyres. So going to buy decent tyres now.
11 - tyre reviewed on November 5, 2018
Given 26% while driving a BMW 520d Tourer (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 500 average miles
Appalling.The worse tyres I have ever experienced, I would go aso far as to say they were dangerous. The car dances all over the place on the motorway, requires constant directional correction. They drift when crossing the white lines and the traction control cuts in on even moderate bends.
I have had them for 500 miles and they are going in the bin. Shocking.
3 - tyre reviewed on June 4, 2017
Ford F 150 (305/30 R26 R) on mostly town for 15,000 easy going miles
Used these on my 26 inch wheels on my truck and they have about 90 percent tread left on them since i only use them 3 months of the year and i have now noticed weather cracks all over them . I have had them for around 4 seasons . Always garage kept. Ive put no more then 15 thousand miles on them. But i guess u get what i pay for . Dont buy these . Spend a little more and get more .
2 - tyre reviewed on July 6, 2016
Given 10% while driving a Ford Fairlane NL (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 0 average miles
bought it from fawkner , in two month worn out , absolutely unbeliever , shop owner dont wanna know
48 - tyre reviewed on April 27, 2016
Given 53% while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TDi 170 S Line (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 easy going miles
Only lasted 6000 miles then developed a bulge on the tread, absolute rubbish
3 - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2016
Given 77% while driving a Chrysler PT Cruiser (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 15,000 average miles
My car certainly is not a luxury model nor particularly sporty. For a low price and attractive tread pattern these certainly fit my criteria and have met my expectations. I don't deny that they may be noisy but not so loud as some purport. For those who claim loss of wet pavement control, my thought is they have one or more tires installed against the directional tread design. This would cause water to accumulate under the tire rather than be expelled.
4 - tyre reviewed on February 2, 2016
Given 37% while driving a Mitsubishi Colt (195/45 R15) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
I've never driven on a worse tyre. These things will slide all over round roundabouts in the rain and need the abs to kick in when braking moderately from 20mph in the cold (3 degrees ish) even when only mildly damp.

I immediately noticed the noise difference they made when fitted, they are loud.

I got all 4 tyres for free, only a £40 fitting cost, and they still weren't worth the money. All 4 have now been changed to semi slick tyres for trackdays, and even they handle significantly better in the wet and cold.

On the plus side if you can credit one, they are very hard compound so should last a fair few miles. I've done over 5k miles including a half day track session, and still 5-6mm tread left. Just a shame I've had to throw them away!

Don't put a loved one on these tyres!
2 - tyre reviewed on January 12, 2016
Given 14% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTi Mk5 (225/40 R18) on mostly town for 100 average miles
Terrible is the one word summary. The drone these tyres made made me certain a wheel bearing had gone. Don't bother buying these tyres! Only put up with them for 100 miles as the previous owner fitted them.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 10, 2015
Given 31% while driving a Volkswagen Tiguan Sport 2.0 TDI 140hp (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
These tyres are hideous. Had two put on after buying my car second hand to get it through an MOT. First time driving at more than 55mph I was convinced the rear diff or wheel bearings were shot. Had the car checked out and no one could find anything wrong. It was whilst speaking to one mechanic and he asked when did you get those tyres fitted..BINGO! The wet weather performance is scary. These are just cheap, nasty copies of tyres and in my opinion should not be sold.
Don't buy they are a waste of money.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 24, 2015