Toyo Proxes RA1

The Toyo Proxes RA1 is a Trackday and Competition Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 3 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 10,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Toyo Proxes RA1
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Toyo Proxes RA1
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Toyo Proxes RA1. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Latest Toyo Proxes RA1 Reviews

Have you driven on the Toyo Proxes RA1 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Proxes RA1.

Given 90% while driving a Mitsubishi EVO 8 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 10,000 spirited miles
These are the best R Compound tire on the market. I prefer these even to the R888. You can run these full tread depth if you plan on using them on the street or you can shave them for the track but either way they are a phenomenal tire. One of the only tires I've ever used that was literally the stickiest right up to the cord showing. These things just get grippier the more you use them. As long as you break them in correctly and let them get 1 good heat cycle on them and then let them rest for a day they will wear great. Very stable, (had them up to 177mph on a mod'd EVO VIII MR) very progressive. I love these things. I now own a Porsche and would kill to have RA1's in the proper size. I have to settle for the R888's which I don't like as much. If these fit your car and you want a very aggressive R Compound tire that you can run on the street...run, don't walk, and buy them now. Don't take my word for it either, just google RA1's and you'll see almost everybody loves them.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 12, 2012
This is the ultimate tyre test! Watch now!
Given 79% while driving a Toyota MK2 MR2 Turbo (225/45 R15 W) on track for 0 spirited miles
I have gone through two sets of these, MAKE SURE YOUR ALIGNMENT IS GOOD! They are a terrific tire, have very predictable breakaway characteristics, and wear decently. The grip is great after a lap or two to warm up, but if you overdrive them, they can get a bit greasy towards the end of a session. I am getting ready to buy another set! Highly recommended.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 3, 2007