Uniroyal RainExpert 3

Uniroyal RainExpert 3 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 83% while driving a Volkswagen Polo 1.4 8v (175/65 R13 T) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
65% 13" tyres are getting rarer in a quality brand, so unable to buy this size in Michelin, I tried these on my Polo 1.4 CL. Now I don't do many miles, but do make occasional 90 mile cross-Pennine or motorway journeys at speed. Wet weather grip and braking on these tyres is superb and very confidence-inspiring. For day-to-day running, I set the car with 30psi front/28psi rear (add 2psi all-around for motorway/load) that dials-out excessive understeer, while giving a neutral but safe handling balance. I've no complaints about dry grip that seem on a par with the old Michelin Energy, (unlike the cheap tyres fitted by the previous owner, where you didn't so much as steer the car, but made a suggestion on your desired direction. My favourite roundabout was not so much fun when it looked like I would be going over, rather than around it) they make it able to dart around sudden hazards in the road without drama, and cope with high speed cornering. Being a VW the steering doesn't communicate much anyway, but I know what's happening. The tyres give a handling balance that makes a cross-Pennine journey, with a “spirited” drive through the many swoops and dives an entertaining experience, nevertheless. Most likely not the highest-mileage tyre, but if fitted to the household’s second car, or your daughter/son’s first car the grip levels will keep them safe without too much of an outlay.
3 - tyre reviewed on August 5, 2020
Given 83% while driving a Renault KANGOO 1.9 (195/65 R14) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Haven' t used too many other brands and models but Uniroyal Rainexpert is the best everyday tyre I've used.
What I like the most of it is - grip. Grip on wet and flooded surface is exceptionally great! Where other tyres are "floating" Rainexpert make you feel that no conditions have changed. On dry it has so much grip that it almost feels I'm driving on semi slicks. Keeps my kind of wobbling suspension Kangoo on corners like sports car.
Using on this car a second set of these tyres. And will be using again.
Wear of tyre is quite rapid comparing to other tyres but for me the main thing is how car hold the road. It's a safety question for me. BTW I'm using these with EBC Bluestuf compound pads. Perfect combination on Kangoo MK1.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 30, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Hyundai elantra (185/60 R16) on mostly town for 20 easy going miles
Handling on wet is great, they have a slight noise to them, very slight tho. We have them for a year now and after over 12 000 km they still look like new, there was no considerable expenditure on the threads.
4 - tyre reviewed on September 2, 2019
Given 81% while driving a Audi A4 1.8T Quattro (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 33 spirited miles
On my second set. First lasted 3 years, weekly commute from Perthshire to Norfolk and driving around A47 etc staying alive..
Thus have driven in ALL conditions.
Tyres do wear, on mine it's the fronts that suffer the greater wear say 60/40 front to rear.
Tyres like the hot spells in Norfolk air temps in 30+ no ideas of road surface temp but they didn't enjoy being worked hard during that period but OK if capn sensible appeared....7/10 dry grip score during that period of hot temps..
Tyres are a bit noisy on some surfaces but hey....

Positives.
Confidence inspiring. They just get on with the job of the day, mundane or not. Wet conditions and standing water at motorway speeds are always a danger. These mitigate that danger [be aware that hitting 6" deep standing water in any tyre will not end well!] dry and wet grip more than adequate. Despite quattro I do not push, in the wet to the same extent as the dry.
Braking. Despite British drivers on British Roads, Duals and Motorways I have yet to trigger ABS in extremis, car does a good impression of bikers "stoppies" too.
Handling/Feedback Tyres let you know by sound and feel when your getting close. With full time quattro the dynamic change when centre diff operates can be felt but no understeer just a reduction in torque feedback on steering wheel.
These softish tyres come into their own in these circumstances. I imagine that they work equally well in either front or rear drive configuration.
All in all bloody good, more focused rubber will outperform them, but really, when bangs per buck come into it, it's no contest from my POV...
28 - tyre reviewed on September 4, 2018
Given 86% while driving a BMW 525i (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
I run two sets of tyres on my BMW E61 525i- Michelin Pilot Alpin in the winter and Uniroyals all other times - As this is the car we use for our children safety is important & I believe that Uniroyals offer excellent grip & great value for money. As this is a family car high speed performance is not my primary concern - I would but Michelin Pilots if that was the case. They are very reassuring in wet weather & great all round performance. Wear is slightly high due to their soft compound but nothing to worry about - would buy again no problem.
11 - tyre reviewed on July 8, 2018
Given 57% while driving a BMW 3 series (225/50 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 16,000 average miles
Pretty disapointed with this tyre. The wear rate is atrocius and after 12000 miles they where close to the wear indicators and I drive slow and easy.
It is a touring tyre and not a sports tyre so it is confortable but also a bit noisy due to the pattern design. The sidewalls are very soft so the steering is not very precise.
Grip in the wet is good especially aquaplaning resistance however wet handling is nothing special compared with sporty Michelins I had before. I have to say price/quality is not good in the end because wear is high.
7 - tyre reviewed on May 9, 2018
Given 81% while driving a Fiat Panda (155/80 R13 T) on mostly country roads for 22,000 easy going miles
These tires were used on a day car for city and country road mainly. As with previous Uniroyal tires I've had these are well balanced on the road with consistent grip throughout their life. Grip in both dry and wet is good. The tires feel comfortable and they are very progressive. I did not feel that they gave enough feedback from the road and their wear performance was rather mediocre, especially since they were fitted on a small car.
Overall they are very good tires and I would buy again.
3 - tyre reviewed on April 21, 2018
Given 79% while driving a Audi A4 1.9 TDI (195/65 R15 H) on mostly country roads for 7,000 spirited miles
Phenomenal tyre in the wet as good or better than any premium tyre. Dry grip is good for the price range but not quite up there with the premium tyres. Good comfort and feedback the only downfall is they wear quick but at the price and how good they are in the wet more than make up for it.
1 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2018
Given 84% while driving a Honda CRV (205/70 R15) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
probably best summer tyre in 205 70r15 dimension, Excellent wet grip.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 18, 2018