Uniroyal Rallye4x4 Street

The Uniroyal Rallye4x4 Street is a High Performance All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 31,517 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Uniroyal Rallye4x4 Street
205/70 R15 96H   E C 71
235/65 R17 108V XL   E C 72
265/65 R17 112H   E C 72
255/55 R18 109H XL   E C 73
255/55 R18 109W XL   E C 73
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Uniroyal Rallye4x4 Street. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Uniroyal Rallye4x4 Street Review

Given 81% while driving a (255/55 R18 H) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
I first got to know uniroyal on a small car and the grip on wet roads just stunned me. Also considering the price I never expected much of performance even though I knew something about Uniroyal but I was blinded by the well known premium manufacturers. I am doing on avg. 45000m per year and a good tyre is a necessity. I love the design and the performance is matching its name. Rallye Street 4X4. A great and comfortable tyre, soft but strong which is good if you have a fair amount of country roads. They were on my car for three seasons and now I am looking into rain expert 3 to keep the known and used to performance that is in my opinion much better then most of the well known premium tyres on the market. I don't have any complaint whatsoever
1 - tyre reviewed on March 21, 2017

Latest Uniroyal Rallye4x4 Street Reviews

Have you driven on the Uniroyal Rallye4x4 Street tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Rallye4x4 Street.

1 - tyre reviewed on March 21, 2017
Given 85% while driving a Chrysler Grand Voyager (235/60 R16 H) on mostly town for 3,000 average miles
When I bought my Grand Voyager it was wearing thinner, rather worn Yokahama's, as we had had a very wet winter and the car is very heavy I was worried about aquaplaning especially as I had young kids so I wanted a tyre that would provide good grip in the wet and fitted Uniroyal Rallye 4x4 Street 235 60/16's to the front wheels for better grip and braking. The Uniroyals have not disappointed. Would definitely buy again and will probably fit to the rear wheels when the Yokahama's wear out.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 20, 2015
Given 76% while driving a Honda CRV (205/70 R15 H) on mostly country roads for 17 spirited miles
I fitted these on my Honda CR-V MK2 (2002-2005) they were the third set from new.

Original Bridgestones were fine in the dry & lethal in the wet, lasted 20K/miles. Next were Michelin SUV tyres that were good both wet & dry & would have been refitted after 28K/miles, except they stopped making them :(

So after some research Uniroyal Rallye looked like the best replacement, with a useful tread pattern as drive in fields. They were fitted just before our very snowy winter in 09/10 they performed flawlessly in the wet, in snow & in the fields on wet grass, even when proper 4x4's were sliding all over the place. Dry grip was less than the Bridgestone or Michelin, but wet was much better. Unfortunately, the down side was they wore out in 17K/miles. But they were worth itjust for the winter grip.

Last sets have been the Avon Rangers, with the latest set reverting to a more off road oriented thread pattern, they are just below the michelins performance.

0 - tyre reviewed on December 23, 2014
Given 77% while driving a Hyundai Tucson (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,500 average miles
The Uniroyal Rallye 4x4 Street tyres replaced a set of terrible (I would say dangerous) Hifly HF 201 tyres that the previous owner had fitted just prior to me getting the car.
I've been using Uniroyals (original Rainsport, Rainsport 2 and Rainexpert) on various vehicles for a number of year now and have always been pleased with their performance particularly in the wet. I live and work in North Wales, so a tyre that can confidently handle wet roads is a no brainer and the Rallye 4x4 street excels in this area with dry grip performance not far behind. What has suprised me is the tyres ability in winter conditions - not bad considering it's not really a winter tyre. Road noise is very low but, in common with most tyres, I expect it to increase as the tread wears. Add to this the reasonable cost of these tyres at 72GBP a corner and they start to make real sense as a smart buy.
I'm no boy racer (been there, done that, got the t-shirt), but I still like to throw the car around when road condition permit and this tyre allows a bit of fun with a reduced risk ending up sideways or in a ditch. A more spirited driver may disagree but for an experienced fifty something driver like me these tyres are more than adequate.
Of course there are some downsides. The side walls are very soft (like most Uniroyal tyres I've used) resulting in reduced feedback and a general soft spongy ride, increasing the inflation pressure by 3-4 psi improves things considerably - just make sure you don't exceed uniroyal's maximum specified pressure.
The good wet grip performance of this tyre is in part the result of using a fairly soft rubber compound on the tread area (again like most Uniroyal tyres I've used). This will inevitably mean a shorter life than some other tyres. Personally I'm happy to accept this as a trade off for good wet/dry grip. After all, that's what tyres are supposed to do.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 7, 2014