Viking Snow Tech II

The Viking Snow Tech II is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 9 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 53,550 miles driven.

2017 50 Winter Tyre Shoot Out - 31st of 45 tyres

2016 ADAC Winter Tyre Test - 225/45 R17 - 9th of 13 tyres

• Positive - Good in the snow
  • Negative - Relatively weak on dry and wet, high fuel consumption

2016 Winter Tyre Market Overview - 32nd of 43 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Viking Snow Tech II
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Viking Snow Tech II. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Viking Snow Tech II Review

Given 89% while driving a Audi A4 (225/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
The snowtech 2 is basically a rebranded Conti TS800, with minor modifications (2 added water channel).It is built in the same factory by conti...
Grip is phenomenal in all conditions, basically you get a conti wintercontact at half price. Very low road noise,good consumption, wear is expected to be average. At the 2013 Autobild winter tyre test it finished 4th and it had the shortest stopping distance in snow!!!
89 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2013

Latest Viking Snow Tech II Reviews

Have you driven on the Viking Snow Tech II tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Viking Snow Tech II? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Viking Snow Tech II >>

Given 67% while driving a BMW 320i (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
They behave all right when the temperatures are low and the roads are clean, they are pretty reassuring in the wet, but on ice and snow they are not ideal. They have mediocre winter capabilities and offer none of the confidence premium rubber does and are pretty much the worst winter tyres I have purchased. Ultimately, I got what I paid for, the price on them was very, very attractive. (25 pounds a corner)
0 - tyre reviewed on July 30, 2020
Trying to pick the very best all season tyre? Watch this!
Given 31% while driving a Volkswagen Passat B4 (175/70 R14 W) on mostly country roads for 0 easy going miles
The worst tyres I've had in 25 years of driving!
I got a pair of Viking Snow Tech for the winter. After I put them on the car the feeling was that I am still driving with my 3 years old summer tyres - no difference. On snow and ice they perform like old worn off summer tyres - no grip at all. A total waste of money!!!
0 - tyre reviewed on January 12, 2019
Given 83% while driving a Peugeot 306 (185/65 R14) on mostly town for 3,250 spirited miles
I bought these as a budget option from my garage. They ended up charging me Michelin money for them, but that's beside the point. They're an overall good tire. The grip in the dry and wet is good. As well is the grip on snow. The handling inspires confidence. Road noise isn't too bad in my opinion. You hear them, but not annoyingly. I can't say much about wear yet, since I have had them for just 5k km.
8 - tyre reviewed on March 5, 2017
Given 48% while driving a BMW 320D (225/45 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Bmw e90 320d, terrible on wet and tyres are brand new, havent driven worse tyres on a wet surface, never buy again. I am concered but can't afford to changre them.. before these I had nexen which were much better but changed them becouse of road noise..
14 - tyre reviewed on December 8, 2016