Viking Wintech

The Viking Wintech is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 8 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 29,500 miles driven.

2019 Winter Tyre Test Market Overview - 41st of 47 tyres

2019 ADAC 185/65 R15 Winter Tyre Test - 11th of 16 tyres

• Positive - None mentioned
  • Negative - Relatively poor wet grip
  • Overall - Good
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Viking Wintech
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Viking Wintech. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Viking Wintech Review

Given 86% while driving a Subaru XV Crosstrek (225/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
For me all in all, very good tyres if you have a low budget. Can recommend!
12 - tyre reviewed on April 29, 2019

Latest Viking Wintech Reviews

Have you driven on the Viking Wintech tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Viking Wintech? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Viking Wintech >>

Given 76% while driving a BMW 116d (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Very nice rolling and low noice, overall high comfort. Soft Overall feel when driving fast but predictable, not the sharpest steering. Only had very short time on snow with new tyres and the grip was very good. Average behavior in the wet.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 28, 2020
Given 83% while driving a Opel Vectra C Stationwagon 2.0 DTI, DIESEL 100BHP (215/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
I had to buy winter tyres on a buget and Viking Wintech fit it best. They proved to be ok until one day. This year on the 24 of January.
Imagine exiting a village, road just wet, raining but not a lot and in front of me just 100 maybe metres away cars half on the road, half in the ditch on both side of the road. ICE. Hit the brakes, car slows down, slid a little and stopped. On ICE. It was incredible. There was no other choice, I had too much speed to try to stop in any other way, to change the direction of the car was not a choice on that ICE. Then I drive 30km on this icy road, first gear, raining, strong wind from side mostly because this road is on the open field. I made it home in one piece and the car too.
They have proven to be good on dry and wet and crazy good on ice.
This size is also comfortable on bad roads.
Fuel consumption is an extra 0.5 l compared to my summer Michelin Primacy 3.(so the car computer shows)
Wear is ok, I have used them for 2 winters, this is the third and they look good.
Vectra C Caravan /wagon is a heavy car, 1,6t without passengers and luggage. The tyres are not affected by the weight of the 2.0 DTI engine, I kept the same 2 tyres on the front wheels with no problems.
When they will be worn out, maybe by 2022, I will buy a new set.
2 - tyre reviewed on December 19, 2019
Want the best tyre for real world driving? Watch this!
Given 89% while driving a Opel Corsa C (155/80 R13) on mostly country roads for 3,000 miles
We put these tyres on our second car,Opel Corsa C 2006y 1.0 Z10xep in 2017. Very good budget tyres,best quality in this mid-range class,exceptional for smaller cars,in everyday use - for kids to school and on regional roads city-village and back. Wear is very good,good grip in wet and dry,very good in snow. But,this is only for normal driving. Only thing that I can say that they were very nice and soft in first season of use,now they are a little bit harder but this is not a problem, they are same as Barum and Matador in this case. In this dimension they are made in Romania,other dimensions are from Puchov Slovakia We didn't push them to the limit and never will...drive carefully.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2019