Vredestein Quatrac 5

The Vredestein Quatrac 5 is a High Performance All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Vredestein Quatrac 3

This tyre has been replaced by the Vredestein Quatrac Pro

Tyre review data from 29 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 356,642 miles driven.

Reports

2019 Auto Bild All Season SUV Tyre Test - 1st of 9 tyres

• Positive - An excellent all season tyre with great performance in all weather conditions. Good balance and precise steering, short wet and snow braking, well priced.
  • Negative - None mentioned.

2019 Summer and All Season Tyre Test - 14th of 18 tyres

2018 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test - 7th of 12 tyres

• Positive - A balanced all season tyre with safe handling in all conditions, good steering response and grip in the wet, low noise.
  • Negative - Limited aquaplaning results, slow steering in the dry.
145/80 R13 75T   E C 68 5.21kgs
255/50 R19 107W XL   C C 72 14.71kgs
235/55 R19 105W XL   C C 70 14.00kgs
265/45 R20 108W XL   C C 72 15.05kgs

Questions and Answers for the Vredestein Quatrac 5

2016-04-07 - Thx for the reply! Very helpfull, always difficult how to interpret data. I'll have a look at the Nokian. I'm from The Netherlands, so no heavy snow conditions or lots off ice. And while I do understand that an all season tire is a compromis, I think its the best way to go. Any thought on that? Thx again!

Here in the UK climate we feel the CrossClimate is the best compromise as we see very little snow. The CrossClimate is the only all season tyre we've tested which doesn't have a braking disadvantage over summer tyres in the dry. See our All Season Tyre Test for further information.

2016-04-07 - I see in different test these tires preform bad with aquaplanning? How good or bad are they in the wet? (Looking for an all season tie in size 195/60 R16, not a lot to chose from) Thx!

While we've no direct experience with the Quatrac 5, they wouldn't be a test winner if they were bad in the wet. Aquaplaning is one of those tests we feel perhaps the magazines put too much weight on, as while aquaplaning can be serious, less than 1% of all accidents across Europe are caused by standing water. The Nokian WeatherProof is also available in your size, which is certainly worth considering.

2017-09-16 - i've got a ix35 4x4 and I want to fit all season tyres, can you recommend any (225 55 18)

Of the tyres we currently list in those sizes, the Quatrac 5 is probably the best available.

2018-04-14 - I have a 2011 VW Tiguan with 235/55r17 tyres, live in Aberdeenshire and been looking at all pro and con comments relating to all season tyres and cannot really make my mind up. I have narrowed it down to 5 but I am also interested in treadwear life. Would you recommend either the Cross Climate +, Goodyear 4Seasons Gen-2, Vredestein Quatrac 5 or I have been told that the Pirelli Verde All Seasons have a longer life. I know its a long list but with averaging 10-12k mileage a year the tyres previously purchased haven't lasted more than 2yrs

Have a look at this video, it should answer most of your questions. The Michelin will also offer the best longevity.

2018-12-02 - Just bought these for the Kuga, 235/45 R19 big tyres and not the cheapest. I notice that there is an inner on these tyres and the patterns run in different directions on the same axle? Is this right?

That is correct, the Quatrac 5 should be fitted noting the inside and outside marks on the tyre sidewall which will give you slightly different patterns across the axle.

2019-06-08 - How many miles can I expect to get from these tires 235/60R18

Tyre wear can have a huge number of factors such as vehicle weight, driving style and surfaces driven on. I'd recommend looking through the wear ratings on the website to find an average for your own personal setup.

2019-12-12 - I have a Skoda Kodiaq 4x4 with the 190bhp Diesel engine. This was fitted with Conti SportContact 5s which have been great but now the front 2 need replacing at 17500 miles. I’ve been considering fitting all seasons but it’s only the fronts that need replacing. Having recently watched your video highlighting the dangers of summer and winter tyres on opposite axles , is the same likely to apply with new all season (front) and part worn Conti ContactSport 5s with 4nm (rear) ? If so then I see that the Goodyear F1 asymmetric 3s and 5s get great ratings/reviews would you recommend these on a big SUV it would you recommended something different?

In snow and ice, yes you will have a similar balance problem between summer and all season tyres. In normal running the difference will be less pronounced, but still not ideal. The Asymmetric 5 would be great on a big SUV as long as you match the load rating specified by Skoda.

Top Vredestein Quatrac 5 Review

Given 87% while driving a Volkswagen Golf MK6 1.6 tdi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
Thought I would try the new all season Quatrac 5 as I live 400 metres up in the valleys of Wales and drive sometimes a 1000 miles a week all over the UK. In the wet, snow and icy conditions these are unbeatable and stop the car better than any expensive top end brands on the market. About 80 per cent as good as the best summer brands in hot dry conditions and I only managed to skid the car slightly on heavy braking on dusty dry roads when driving very fast, then again what tyres won't slide slightly in these condiditions. I have done over 18'000 miles on these since January in all conditions, I just swapped the back tyres to the front and reckon I will get at least another 18 thousand out of them so great value for money too. I won't be carrying two sets of tyres for summer and winter again. They are also quiet and extremely good on rolling resistance so on a tank of fuel I gain around 40-60 miles more for my money. I won't be buying anything else again and have tried all the best makes over the years!
101 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2015

Latest Vredestein Quatrac 5 Reviews

Have you driven on the Vredestein Quatrac 5 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Vredestein Quatrac 5? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Vredestein Quatrac 5 >>

Given 66% while driving a Volkswagen Caddy (195/50 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
I have these tyres on a MK2 VW Caddy SDi 1.9 diesel with not much over 60bhp. They have now covered around 12,000 to 15,000 miles, fronts are down to 5mm with heavy wear on the edges and the rears are down to 7mm. Most of my driving has been on road trips through Europe in summer in very hot temperatures with a fairly heavy load, I mainly use a car for day to day driving. In the dry these tyres perform as well as all but the best summer tyres although they are starting to drop off with regular wheelspin occurring even in the dry in recent times. The van will understeer a bit at the limit but it is to be expected on a front drive which combined with the coilovers handles nearly as well as my BMW 1 series. In the wet handling is also good on corners but wheelspin is now nearly as bad as any tyres I've experienced when launching or accelerating hard. For the first 10 to 12 thousand miles wheelspin wasn't a problem in the wet. Braking wise in the wet even when the tyres were new they were only average, now they are close to being dangerous with planning needed in bad conditions, in an emergency situation you are going to crash. I believe the performance drop off may be due to the excessively hot conditions the tyres have been mainly used in as heat cycles will harden rubber, the fact that the fronts have barely worn down much more than the rears show that they may have been overheated when barreling down the alps and doing a couple of laps of the Nurbirgring. When I happened to be using the van after not driving it much for a while it rained and I had no chance of stopping from a not fast speed for a junction, luckily I timed the traffic while I was locking and unlocking the wheels so as not to crash as I pulled straight out in front of someone. Now I am very steady whenever the rain starts to fall or I make sure to drive something else and will swap the tyres around as soon as the summer starts to end. If performance is still unsafe when braking in the wet I will purchase a pair of Michelin Cross Climates for the front as according to the tests they maintain performance until they are on the legal limit. I can't stick with dangerous tyres no matter how much tread they have left, they are great still in dry conditions and would recommend them if you can get them for a good enough price. I've also got Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons on my 1 series, the Michelins were too expensive for those wheels, so far the Goodyears have impressed although they don't seem quite as good as these Vredestines were when new in the dry. I haven't had the pleasure of snow and ice driving with the Vredestines but on cold tarmac in the winter they out grip most summer tyres in corners but are a bit weak when braking again. For the record the van has had new brake pads, discs, fluid and I've cleaned all the dust out of the drums, plus the shoes are within the service limit. All done since I've had these tyres, plus it has gone through 2 MOT's. Most of my driving has been easy going except on occasion, rolling resistance is very good, on long motorway runs at 50mph I was averaging close to 70mpg. Normal UK driving gets me mid 50's to the gallon. Overall the Quadrac 5 are good but if you are keeping the vehicle allow them to need replacement within 15,000 miles unless you are happy with sub par / dangerous wet weather performance. You can buy better tyres but if the price is right still worth a look.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 9, 2020
Given 56% while driving a Ford Mondeo estate (215/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 8,000 average miles
Generally happy with tyre performance other than durability. 2have developed bulges in the sidewalls with no known impact within a year/8000 miles, doesn't look like vredestein is going to be interested in the UK (they offer warranties in other countries). Unless resolved these will be the last I buy
1 - tyre reviewed on June 27, 2020
Want the best tyre for real world driving? Watch this!
Given 82% while driving a Peugeot 205 (155/55 R13 T) on track for 20,000 spirited miles
Excellent especially in the dry and for an all-season tyre, and with a very progressive handling. I cannot over-exaggerate how can a human-invented substance have so much grip. Mankind has never seen something like this, and probably will never again. Even at the racetrack, these tyres are unbelievable. As an example, you can check my lap at the Nordschleife on Youtube, under the title: "Peugeot 205 1.1i (60 HP) - Nürburgring Nordschleife BTG lap in 10'19" on all-season tyres".
1 - tyre reviewed on May 18, 2020
Given 72% while driving a Ford Focus 2002 Hatchback (195/60 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 28,500 spirited miles
My experience with these tyres: -very good as summer tyres, with high levels of grip in the dry -decent as winter tyres -they retain the same characteristics in any outside temperature Some things to point out: -they have been quite noisy throughout their life -the sidewall is taller compared to other same size tyres (dispite this, the handling is very good) -although the tyre pressures were always correct and regularly checked, the edges did wear faster than the inside of the tyres. Higher tyre pressures seemed to solve this problem slightly
3 - tyre reviewed on May 2, 2020
Given 92% while driving a Ford Mondeo mk3 2.0 petrol (205/55 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 500 average miles
Many years ago whilst living in Scotland I used to use Vredestein tyres sold by the local garage. .Don't knoiw why I got out of the habit. Now living in Derbyshire, most of my driving is on muddy local lanes and roads with a few ventures onto motorways.
As my old Mondeo passed yet another MOT I had to buy tyres for it. I'm not a tyre geek, but prefer a quiet tyre. After a bit of research and reading the reviews here I decided on an all season tyre and rekindled my enthusiasm for Vredestein.
From the second I drove away from the garage I knew I'd made the correct choice. The Quatrac 5 is quiet. It isn't soggy, pretty firm, gives lovely feedback and is great on the local muddy lanes. The day after fitting they got a blast down the motorway going south - a really comfortable and secure experience in cold heavy rain and flooded roads.
We've only driven about 500 miles, deliberately enacted a few emergency stops and slews in the wet and dry. No spin when accelerating. So far they're knocking spots of the Toyos, Michelins, Goodyears we've used in past times.
Can't speak for longevity as it's early days and awaiting some snow and ice.
How can one get so enthusiastic about four bits of rubber?
2 - tyre reviewed on January 3, 2020