Vredestein Wintrac Pro

Vredestein Wintrac Pro Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 83% while driving a BMW 335d (255/40 R18) on mostly motorways for 3,000 spirited miles
Feels much more like a summer tyre than previous winter tyres from Dunlop and Pirelli. Handles well. Good wet and dry grip/braking in cold conditions. Limited experience of snow as used in UK, France and Germany for past two winters. Appear long lasting. Only negative is significant increase in fuel consumption.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 24, 2020
Given 87% while driving a BMW M3 (275/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Using tyres on BMW M4 F82 only in winter sesion. Dry grip is like with summer tyres very good. Road feedback is also very good. Snow and Ice Grip is not perfect but its normal, you can feel save. Most important that you feel road very detail. I will buy for sure it again
0 - tyre reviewed on January 7, 2020
Given 90% while driving a Alfa Romeo 159 (225/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Very positive suprise. I use them on Alfa159 2.0. Summer tyre is same size Hankook Ventus Prime3, but Wintrac pro is matching the grip, if not better than the Hankook, while comfort and noise level are much better.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 13, 2019
Given 54% while driving a Mercedes Benz Vito (225/50 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 11,000 spirited miles
225/50 R17 XL
Tyres wear on the out sides long before the middle. Even with them blown up to max pressure. Tyres so hard it affects the cornering of the van.
Fitted to 2018 Vito medium wheelbase weighing 2.8 ton
15 - tyre reviewed on September 16, 2019
Given 85% while driving a Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 jtdm 200hp (225/55 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
In snow and ice this is the best winter tire i ever used. Under 0°c in dry condition working perfektly. Even in city, or at high speed. On slightly wet road is the weakest point of this tire. In a real rain storm there is no problem.
10 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2019
Given 98% while driving a BMW 440i Gran Coupe M Sport (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
These tyres replaced Pirelli Sottozero 240 S2 RFTs on my car (I also have direct experience of Goodyear Ultragrip Performance Gen 1s on my wife's BMW 335i). The Vredestien Wintrac Pros are far closer in performance to the Goodyears rather than the Pirellis which were good in the wet but not when things got very difficult ie snow and ice. The Vredesteins are good in all conditions but where they excel over the GYs is steering feel which is far more responsive. They are also slightly quieter and better riding. The only downside with the Vredesteins is needing to increase tyre pressures (especially rear) to prevent roll from a softish sidewall (in comparison to a runflat). My car has adaptive suspension so little change in ride comfort, however they are significantly quieter than the Pirellis. When it comes to chaging the tyres on my wife's 335i, I'll choose the Vredestein's over the GYs.
6 - tyre reviewed on February 12, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Jaguar Jaguar XE (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Bought these tyres on the strength of Autobild UHP winter tyre test 2018. Had the chance to drive through snow , slush and ice on saturday here in Scotland . Last winter I had the misfortune to experience a few scary moments when my UHP summer tyres lost traction where I skidded and slid all over the place in conditions not nearly severe as saturday past. These tyres in one word are phenomenal . I never lost traction once , I felt so safe and confident throughout my whole journey.

My wife has a mini cooper with UHP winter tyres , now on their second season. Her tyres are good but not in the same class as the Wintrac pro , they have a sluggish steering response and mushy feel at temps above 10c. The Wintrac pro at 9c last week felt very planted on dry roads , I am really quite amazed at how they've managed to achieve this .

My experience with premium winter tyres in the past have never been this good. All I can say is I'm so glad that these tyres are tested to the limit by those who know how and we all learn so much before making an expensive mistake. If you review this and decide to buy you will Not be disappointed and before you ask , I'm not affiliated with Vredestein in any shape or form . Good luck with your choice .
19 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2018
Given 93% while driving a Ford Mondeo ST220 (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
I decided to try the Vredestein Wintrac Pro based on the price, available reviews and comments made in the 'winter tyre recommendations' video on YouTube.
I paid £98.00 inc vat per tyre, delivered (225/40 R18).

My first outing on the Wintrac Pro's was a trip from Sheffield to Cumbria in very wet 5°C weather, with a good combination of roads to tests them on. Firstly, I was most impressed with the tyres performance in the miserable wet (very wet) conditions! I came from a Falken ZE310 ECORUN - a tyre which has performed very well for me in wet conditions, but the Wintrac Pro had a noticeable increase in lateral grip while cornering over my previous tyres in these conditions, which left a big smile on my face to say the least! Even when pushing the car a little harder than I was previously comfortable with there was no onset of understeer or loss of feel towards the limit of grip.
I was also able to perform a full emergency stop (wet road 5°C), thanks to a suicidal deer! And in and process the car came to a stop very quickly, and with a fantastic sure footed feeling....the dear walked away to live another day with plenty of room to spare.
I would describe the Wintrac Pro as a quiet, very confidence inspiring tyre with excellent handling qualities, with fantastic levels of grip in both the wet and dry. Extremely happy so far! Looking forward to testing them in the ice and snow.
10 - tyre reviewed on December 9, 2018
Given 85% while driving a BMW M240i (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 200 average miles
I've had several types / makes of winter tyres fitted to different cars over the years (Mini Cooper S, BMW X5's), although this is an initial review and we haven't had any severe weather yet these tyres seem excellent and better that I have had in the past (plus this car is more powerful (340bhp) and rear wheel drive...). We've only driven the car in temperatures at zero degC and above but we've had some horrendous weather with heavy rain and high winds, driving with these tyres really in both small country roads and main dual carriageways with aquaplane conditions these have been sure footed, I have to commend them. I hope that come snow and the real harsh weather that will come shortly they will continue to impress.
48 - tyre reviewed on November 30, 2018