Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme

The Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme is a Ultra High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Vredestein Wintrac xtreme S

Tyre review data from 63 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 725,444 miles driven.

2014 50 Winter Tyre Braking Overview - 31st of 48 tyres

0/0 R0 0         10.58kgs
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme Review

Given 88% while driving a MG ZT 260 (235/40 R18) on mostly town for 10,000 spirited miles
First winter tyres I'd ever used. Very good in the snow on my MG ZT V8.Very good in the wet too.
However all four tyres have now split on the inside walls - they are dated 2010.
70 - tyre reviewed on May 8, 2015

Latest Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme Reviews

Have you driven on the Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme >>

Given 41% while driving a Fiat 500X (215/50 R17 H) on mostly motorways for 20,000 spirited miles
Awful Tyre when coming from Michelin Alpin 5 and Conti TS860.
The Vredestein don't come anywhere near.
It's a Dutch brand, so driving when them in the Dutch wintery conditions, you would say they're made for it. They are not.
If you're looking to buy these tires, just spend maybe €10 more per tire and buy Michelin or Conti. Or buy Uniroyal or Hankooks if you want to save money.
The Vredestein are useless, especially in wet conditions.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 1, 2019
Given 85% while driving a Volkswagen Tiguan (235/55 R17) on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Bought these last year, & to be honest they are one of the best winter tyres I've used.
All round good grip & feedback levels. Progressive when they start to let go in the wet.
Brilliant when used in snow combined with 4x4 traction. They just bite & go!
Used on a Tiguan & made a few trips up the hills in Scotland to go ski-ing & never failed to get through.
Swapping to these from Pirelli Scorpion's for the rest of the year, there is little noticeable difference in road noise or comfort.
The only winter tyre I have used in the past better than these were Continental Winter Contact's, but they do cost a fair bit more.
All in all, I highly recommend these tyres for the cold seasons!
5 - tyre reviewed on October 29, 2018
Want the best 18" Sports tyre? Watch this!
Given 63% while driving a Jaguar XFR (225/40 R19) on mostly motorways for 40 average miles
I was advised to get these tyres by my local tyre dealer as a cheaper alternative, and by and large they are good tyres in the snow, BUT, they are very poor in the wet.

The original car that they were fitted to was the Jaguar 5.0 v8 with 385 BHP and they were ok, but when I put them on my Jaguar XFR with 510 BHP the wet grip went from OK to dangerous. Losing traction at 70 MPH on a motorway in the rain whilst going uphill and round a slight bend was not fun.

I suspect that they are OK on lower powered cars, but can't recommend them on higher powered cars.

UPDATE:- I have now spent a winter on some new tyres which are an order of magnitude better than these tyres in the wet and slightly better in the snow.
13 - tyre reviewed on April 5, 2018
Given 86% while driving a Ford Galaxy (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 23,000 average miles
I have tried 3 brands of winter tyre and the Vredstein has been head and shoulders above the others. Having travelled through the alps in winteron fresh and packed snow, I have never been stuck with these. Ford Galaxy 2wheel drive.
10 - tyre reviewed on December 12, 2017
Given 83% while driving a Vauxhall Insignia ST SRI CDTI ecoFLEX 160 (245/45 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
So drive on these everyday all year round on the front, motorway, A and B roads, now getting to the wear bar at 18000 miles.
They break traction at roundabouts if there is grit of salt on the road when you pull out, That's about the only real issue I have found.
Drove through some atrocious rain storms on the A1 last year and never felt the car move around at all, and I do not hang about.

Ok they are getting noisier as we get towards the end of their life, but on an icy January morning or with a little snow on the ground I know I am getting to work !
There seems to be more grip from these than the summer Continentals on the works car.
Would I have another set, yes as I cannot find any all seasons tyres to fit the bill.
4 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2017