Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS

The Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS is a Trackday and Competition Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This is a European compound update for the AD08R to reduce the rolling resistance and meet compliance with ECE R117-02 S2WR2.

This tyre replaced the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08R

Tyre review data from 14 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 47,200 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS

Questions and Answers for the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS

2020-02-29 - Treadwear? compare to the old AD08R ?

Unfortunately we've not yet seen any real world tread wear data from the AD08 RS

Top Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS Review

Given 71% while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX STI (215/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
I’ve had 2 sets of the previous Ad08r compound on the car before for road/ track use and 2 trips to the Nurburgring and they were excellent but the new Ad08rs tyre is not as good , the compound is a lot harder and I thought the car struggled with dry grip at the Nurburgring this time around , the car lacked the confidence the previous R compound gave .
I will be looking else where for a Trackday tyre in the future I’m sad to say
67 - tyre reviewed on August 13, 2019

Latest Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS Reviews

Have you driven on the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS >>

Given 86% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI Ed 30 (235/40 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Great tire, just as good the previous AD08R once up to running temp. Definitely recommend!
0 - tyre reviewed on October 14, 2020
Given 44% while driving a Honda 2006 (245/40 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I came to this AD08rs after a set of PS4 on my Honda s2000 since I wanted something more suitable for a track day, even though the car is 99% of the time used on the street and it is completely stock. What a big disappointment this tire is. The scores are pretty bad since I had high expectations for this tire which was supposed to be sportier than the PS4. PS4 were much much better in every possible way on street, especially steering feedback and initial turn in and even on track (2 seconds faster on a 3km track) the PS4 were on a completely different league. What a disappointment, they are still brand new and I just wanna take them off and throw them away. I was close to mail Yokohama Japan since they shouldn't market this as a track day tire anymore. The score on wear is just a guess, I hope to go throw them as fast as pessible. Terrible job yokohama!
0 - tyre reviewed on September 28, 2020
Trying to pick the very best all season tyre? Watch this!
Given 51% while driving a Lotus Elise (195/50 R15 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
These are a replacement for my AD08R on a Lotus Elise. New compound to meet EU regs. They are terrible in comparison. Squeely when pushed and lack grip consistancy. They are clearly a retrograde step and Yokohama are being misleading in marketing them under the "AD0" nomenclature. Such as a shame as the A08R('s) were the go to standard for Lotus enthusiasts. These are getting a bad reputation from many car forums. I will not be buying these again and neither will many others. Pull your socks up Yokohama....
0 - tyre reviewed on August 24, 2020
Given 49% while driving a Mitsubishi Evolution X (265/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 1,200 spirited miles
For the past 4 years i've been running the Michelin PS4. With out any issues. And i tought hm.... maybe i should try some street legal trackday tires. everybody is running them. so it must be better then an ''regular UHP'' tire. Like most of us i googled and reserched the web and the AD08R will be the tire for me....but wait there is an new RS model. New = better i thought. the thread looks like the ad07 and 08 so it's a proven formula. I saw that the reviews where so-so. Nah how bad could it be. very. very bad it is. On the way home i drive the same route and well you know what speed you can take the corners on the same road. Out of a roundabout with the PS4 i could go 70km/h and the ESP light started flashing. but with the AD08RS 60km/h and the tire is squealing a bit. And the tires where hot and outside it was 33C. In the wet/cold it's the same but that is to expect form a trackday tire. So in overall. I wouldn't recommend the tire and will never ever buy a yokohama tire again. The tires squeal if you dive in a corner at low speeds ot higher speed. worm or cold weather. tire pressure doesn't chacge anything. disappointed all the way.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 13, 2020
Given 60% while driving a MINI JCW 2017 (205/45 R17) on track for 4,000 spirited miles
It is totally different from the old AD08R, which I still run on the S2k and luckily still have a spare set. I purchased these RS for the Mini JCW for trackdays and Ring, and sad to say I even found the stock Pirelli PZero performing better. These RS are not able to get descent grip, squeel like crazy, and provoce massive understeer, unless you get some real temp in there. But still than they lack that 'bite' and direct response you got from the old tyre. Trying to play with tyre pressures, but I just cannot get it as I would 've expected I've been loyal to the AD08 series for years, but will be stepping to PSS or Cup2s for future purchases. Sad what you did here to a used-to-be-brilliant tyre, Yoko
2 - tyre reviewed on July 14, 2020

See all 14 customer reviews of the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08RS (newest first) >>