Yokohama C Drive2

Yokohama C Drive2 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 83% while driving a Audi A3 (205/55 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 32,500 average miles
Good tyre with good dry handling however, with wet roads can get a bit slippery. I think the problem may lay in the type of rubber because I rarely face aquaplaning situations.
In terms of durability, these tyres last a lot. I ran a pair of these tyres exclusively on the front and they lasted for 52000 Kms, I'm Portuguese, doing the conversion, it is about 32500 miles.
In terms of confort, I think they're not so great. Recently I've replace my front set for 2 Yokohamas Bluearth AE50 and they feel much more confortable. But that's one of the few stong points of the AE50's. When I ran the full set of C-Drive 2, at first i thought that the reason behind the uncomfortableness was with the suspension but, when I changed only 2 tyres, the difference was noticeable.
But, I may be wrong...
1 - tyre reviewed on March 7, 2019
Given 73% while driving a Volvo 940 turbo (195/65 R15 H) on mostly country roads for 12,000 average miles
These tyres are alright. I'm not sure how they compare dynamically on the elderly ovloV but I'll provide what feedback I can. Obviously, given age of the car I'll give comparative impressions as well as outright facts.

These are not the quietest tyre but nor are they the noisiest. I'd say middling. Strangely, the ride is not a magic carpet given the name but I think they do rather well in damping some sharpness and small surface irregularities. There are plenty of worse tyres out there for ride and noise (Conti Premium Contact 2).

Given the car, the grip is still good even though they are 4 years old now and there is not any particular low temperature degradation in handling. Grip reduces somewhat in low temperatures but I rate that as middling.

Road feedback is good and the old car can be accurately set up to corner predictably at the limits of adhesion wet or dry. When the limit is reached, the handling is relatively benign and an understeering or oversteering attitude can be chosen with the throttle. Aquaplaning resistance is quite good and they track true enough and are stable to high speeds. There is no tramlining to note, nor are the tyres slip angles small enough to merit a sporting description but they are adequate. I'd like a little more bite under heavy braking but even with 3.5mm tread depth, it's still good enough.

In short, these are vice free tyres which excel in no areas but neither do they have any particular shortcomings. They are a bit older now though and as such should be discounted into the heart of mid price territory to make them a good buy.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 8, 2017
Given 57% while driving a Honda Fit (Jazz) (185/55 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 23,612 average miles
I had used these tyres from a local Malaysian made car the Perodua Axia from 23,000 km till 55,000km then swap to a Honda Fit for daily usage about another 6,000 km. The tyre at first is very quiet, then using about a year, it shows signs of high noise on road structures even on the flat smooth surface. Overall it is an OK tyre.
2 - tyre reviewed on March 2, 2017
Given 91% while driving a Skoda Octavia (205/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 11,000 average miles
Great tyres, have them on Skoda Octavia 2.0 better then Continental Premium Contact 5 on my second Audi quattro A6.
They don't squeak on the limits just litely fizzing, tne loise is very low, I have 2 brand new in the front and 2 tyres 3 summers already in the rear so the wear is great. Using them in temperatures of +8 C - +28 C . I wanted to buy something else, but after new premium contact5 on Audi did not change them.
2 - tyre reviewed on June 20, 2016
Given 61% while driving a Mercedes Benz C200 CDI Elegance (205/55 R16) on mostly town for 15,000 average miles
the worst i have used on a back powered car.
For front powered cars might be better .,. but for a Mercedes just don't do the job.
7 - tyre reviewed on March 24, 2015
Given 87% while driving a Honda Fit (Jazz) (195/50 R15 H) on mostly motorways for 25,000 spirited miles
I'm using this tyre by accidrnt, because the tyre that i'm looking for was run out at the shop, so the shop owner recomend me to use this tyre, and as it turns out damn this tyre is good, i'm using a lightly tuned honda jazz 1.5l with a minor handling mods, tein s-tech springs, tanabe underbrace and a wider wheels.. I'm using michellin pilot preceda 2 before this tyre, and the yokohama really keeps up with it, since i feel an improvement from the preceda, and this tyre is really comfy, plus silent.. I'll sure buy again i've it is worn, oh, yeah.. This tyre is really has a good wear using this tire for 2 years and it still not degrade..
1 - tyre reviewed on January 22, 2015
Given 76% while driving a Audi A3 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 24,000 spirited miles
C.drive 2 is a good allround tire for the heavy small car Audi A3 3.2.
The car handles quite nice with these tires on dry roads and ok in wet conditions.
The car has been tuned to about 400 BHP and the tires can handle the extra power.
However - the bushings are worn and the tires were unevenly worn due to this. Considering something that lasts a little longer but would certainly recommend c.drive 2 for regular use.
13 - tyre reviewed on July 17, 2014
Given 70% while driving a Toyota Perodua Myvi Toyota Passo (195/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
Using it on a Perodua Myvi with some minor handling mod as below:

1. GAB HA+ Hi-Lo Adjustable Sport Absorber
2. Ultra Racing Front Strut bar, 16mm rear anti roll bar, rear lower arm bar

When before get the adjustable sport absorber, I felt that it is good to use, feedback is good enough. Until I upgrade my absorber from stock to Adjustable. It always make me slide due to stability of car were significant better. Even Kumho Ecsta SPT KU31 which cheaper than this tyre did a better job when dry even tyre thread is half of my current set of Yokohama C Drive 2.

Due to orange compound used on this tyre, it is quite comfy until the tyre worned until 40% left and it is long lasting as well(Maybe due to I'm driving a sub 1000kg super-mini).

This tyre is alright if you are looking for a tyre which giving you comfort and a little bit progressive drive at the same time. But if you are looking for a tyre makes you confidence while at the corner. It is not a good choice due to softer tyre side wall.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 4, 2014
Given 74% while driving a Volkswagen MKV GTI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Fit these on my Golf GTi Mk5, because the tyre shop had run out of the more expensive brands that I usually buy. As it turns out these are very nice indeed. Quiet and most importantly very comfortable. It takes out quite a considerable amount of harshness from the stiff suspension setup yet still handles well. Finally they are significantly cheaper and leaves you with a good feeling of value for money.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 21, 2013