Yokohama Geolandar G055 Blue Earth

The Yokohama Geolandar G055 Blue Earth is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

Tyre review data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 70% over 111,221 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Yokohama Geolandar G055 Blue Earth
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Yokohama Geolandar G055 Blue Earth
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Yokohama Geolandar G055 Blue Earth. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Yokohama Geolandar G055 Blue Earth Review

Given 61% while driving a Nissan Qashqai (215/65 R16) on mostly town for 12,000 easy going miles
These are expensive but wet road performance is not great. Spins easily ehen road little et.
120 - tyre reviewed on June 25, 2016

Latest Yokohama Geolandar G055 Blue Earth Reviews

Have you driven on the Yokohama Geolandar G055 Blue Earth tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Geolandar G055 Blue Earth.

Given 49% while driving a Renault Kadjar, Dynamic S Nav 4WD (215/60 R17 H) on mostly country roads for 3,121 spirited miles
these tyres are dangerous on wet roads, try and take a roundabout at anything over 10 mph and they will suddenly
just let go,
on dry the grip is adequate with some drift on corners
road noise is fairly loud and intrusive,
tyre wear is about normal to good.
5 - tyre reviewed on April 27, 2019
Given 81% while driving a Toyota Harrier (235/55 R18) on a combination of roads for 25,000 easy going miles
A very good tyre all around. Quiet & comfort its main strength. Dry Grip & wet performance is good too. Lasted 45k km before it gets real noisy. The only thing holding me back from buying again is its higher price.
2 - tyre reviewed on April 20, 2019
Do winter tyres really work on supercars? Watch this video to find out!
Given 71% while driving a Mazda cx5 (225/45 R17 P) on mostly motorways for 15,000 average miles
Too noise
0 - tyre reviewed on March 16, 2019
Given 58% while driving a Nissan Qashqai (215/60 R17) on mostly country roads for 15,000 spirited miles
I´ve bought a set of Yoko 055 for my Qashqai 1.6 dci; generally the tyres are not bad but in case of wet road... only some longitudinaL grip, but the side grip is NONE.
Forget this tyres if you drive on wet roads!!
And I know what I'm saying; I was for almost 15 years rally and mountain races driver.
I drove Yokos in rally some years ago and were good; I've Geolandars G012 and G 015 at my Terrano II and are good.
I simply don't understand how Yoko made these tyres...
These 055 are very, very hard (71 in my durometer); and I can say that the G015 has only 63 at the same durometer.
I'll change them at the winter, because these tyres will resist a lot of Km/Miles, so are so hard...
14 - tyre reviewed on June 14, 2018
Given 56% while driving a Subaru forester 2.5xt (215/55 R17) on for 0 miles
I bought geolandar SUV (G055) on 7/2015 for my MY 2006 Subaru forester xt ( 230 ps) with the expectation to be the closest equivalent to factory fitted GEOLANDARS.
The absolut dissapointment...
Fyi the country used is Greece. 70% road usage, 15% snow usage for skiing and 15% semi off road for hunting or vacations. To make the long story short.
Cornering and braking in wet road is simply impossible. Snow behavior was simply ok , noise level was quite noticeable especially at speeds above 120 kph. The only remarkable point with these is the extreme duration they present. After 70k klm in 2 years they seem to have life for 15-20k klm more... But No thanks ... time to try Crossclimates +

Best regards
George
11 - tyre reviewed on August 16, 2017

See all 12 customer reviews of the Yokohama Geolandar G055 Blue Earth (newest first) >>