Yokohama Geolandar G98A

Yokohama Geolandar G98A Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Mazda (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 20,000 easy going miles
Factory fitted to a Mazda CX8, disappointed with the wear, 30,000km and down to 2.omm tread. Will purchase Cooper CS5 to replace.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 11, 2020
Given 76% while driving a Mazda CX8 (225/65 R17) on mostly country roads for 7,000 spirited miles
Fitted to Mazda CX8 as their OEM tyre in New Zealand. Good grip and feed back through steering, sure footed in both wet and dry conditions with my driving being mostly open road on hilly twisting roads around the coast line. Recommend
1 - tyre reviewed on May 9, 2019
Given 76% while driving a Mazda cx5 (225/55 R17 V) on mostly country roads for 19,000 easy going miles
They spend very fast 31000 Kms: 3mm front axle, 2,5mm rear axle.
Good grip in dry, in wet at 20000 Kkms passing through a small puddle at 90 Kms / h the rear wheels slid sideways.
I would not buy them again.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 31, 2018
Given 73% while driving a Mazda cx5 (225/65 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 23,000 average miles
I got the car with this tyres, at 30.000km. They were OEM issue. The thread was ~3.5mm when I got the car, so on it's end of their life. After 7k km, they got down to 2-2.5mm. I drove with them either fast and slow, on various roads, highways and country roads. In general, they acted fine, pretty grippy for a worn down tire, quite difficult to make burnouts if you wanted.
Only issue I observed was in moderate and heavy rain, the car would became unstable and the tires would slip to left and right at over 80km/h on the motorway (although I was the fastest driver around :) ). So not that safe in this regard, although we could attribute this bad performance to the lack of remaining thread.
The noise level was ok, nothing to write home about. I just took the car with them, maybe I was used to that specific noise of the car. The wear is fine from my point of view, 35-40k km from a pair of tires is more than adequate.
As comparison, on a Civic, a high performance tire as Goodyear F1 Eagle Asymmetric 2 would worn almost completely in 20-25k kms.
Unfortunately, in the CX-5 size, 225/65R17 there are not many performance tires to chose from, so I find the Geolandars G98A perfectly adequate for the job, and I would happily get them again.

This one being a company lease car, they replaced them with Bridgestone Ecopia EP850, as the programme is arranged. I just drove 15km with the new Bridgestones, so not enough to get an opinion, but I kind of already miss the Geolandars. With the Bridgestones I can break traction at each start from the stoplights, a thing that would be hardly achievable in the Geolandars. Maybe they are new, I'll give them time to settle in.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 8, 2017
Given 44% while driving a Honda CRV (225/65 R17 V) on mostly motorways for 10,000 easy going miles
Quiet but very very stiff ride...

You can feel the slightest road bump. Don't buy as you will regret it.
1 - tyre reviewed on September 11, 2017
Given 63% while driving a Subaru Outback (225/65 R17) on mostly motorways for 23,000 average miles
These came stock with my Subaru Outback Turbo Diesel.
I was relatively happy with them for the 18 months or so, with decent comfort, pretty quiet, good fuel efficiency and okay wet and dry performance given they are a stock set of tyres from purchase.
At the 18months service, I was alerted to the fact that the tyres had about 3mm of tread left, which was a complete surprise to me, as I have only driven 33,000km or 20,500 miles of mostly high speed (100km/h-110km/h) highway driving.
I have since done another 5,000km of driving, and it's coming to the end of the tyre's life.
I am happy with every aspect of the tyre other than the wear, but I just can not afford to be changing tyres so often and the grip performance have saved me from a few sticky situations where the people in front of me suddenly stopped etc... but I won't be buying the same tyres, given they are very expensive to replace with the same types. I might try the G055 and see how they go.
4 - tyre reviewed on September 7, 2017
Given 37% while driving a Mazda cx5 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 0 easy going miles
I wont be buying these tyres again 27000km and worn out absolutely the worst tyres in driving history!
9 - tyre reviewed on March 19, 2017
Given 39% while driving a Mazda cx5 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
I have got it on Mazda CX 5. To slippery on wet. Otherwise just ok! Not buy again !
1 - tyre reviewed on March 11, 2017
Given 51% while driving a Mazda cx5 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 20,000 easy going miles
Very poor wearing bought on a new Mazda CX5; 28,000klms and the tyres were bald except for the main tread channels. Will not be purchasing again.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 2, 2016