Yokohama W drive V905

The Yokohama W drive V905 is a Ultra High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 16 tyre reviews averaging 75% over 133,653 miles driven.

2017 Sport Auto Winter Tyre Test - 5th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good snow braking, good wet handling
  • Negative - Slow steering reactions in the dry, relatively noisy
  • Overall - Conditionally recommended

2017 50 Winter Tyre Shoot Out - 12th of 45 tyres

2017 Auto Bild Winter Tyre Test - 15th of 21 tyres

• Positive - Good traction and short braking in the snow, stable wet handling.
  • Negative - Poor snow handling, low aquaplaning resistance, poor comfort, high rolling resistance.
  • Overall - Average.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Yokohama W drive V905

Questions and Answers for the Yokohama W drive V905

2016-11-25 - is the Yokohama tire "W drive V905" size 225/55/19 suitable for 4x4 SUV cars?

As long as the load index is at least as high as specified by your vehicle manufacturer, the V905 will be suitable.

Top Yokohama W drive V905 Review

Given 71% while driving a Subaru Forester (225/60 R17 H) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Tire feels nice on dry roads and in fresh snow. Wet grip should be better, but at least you get good feedback when aqua planning will start.
74 - tyre reviewed on October 6, 2016

Latest Yokohama W drive V905 Reviews

Have you driven on the Yokohama W drive V905 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the W drive V905.

Given 65% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (205/55 R16 H) on mostly motorways for 15 spirited miles
So, diese Woche habe ich meine V905 vom Auto geschmissen. Gesamt KM-Leistung 24895km, die Reifen auf der VA zwischen 5,7-6,1mm, HA ca. 5,3-5,5mm. Nur mit den Michelin Alpin 4 hatte ich ähnlich niedrigen Verschleiß. 24895km droven, tread from 5,3mm-6,1mm. I have droven some winter tyres on similar car, only with the Michelin Alpin A4 I had a tyre which lasts similar. Bought this tyre in 2014 and replaced it IN december 2017. Already wrote a review in 2016, after 2 seasons, so I write here only a short conclusion. Wet: Still surprisingly good. Much better than some tests showed with a new tyre Dry: Good, but still I liked the Michelin Alpin A4 more Snow: Ouch! I wrote this in 2016: The weak point on my FWD is cornering in snow. The V905 react nervous, I had to correct the direction harder and more often as with tyres like Michelin A4, Dunlop Winter Response, Fulda Montero 2. No recommendation for inexperienced drivers. In the 4th season, still with good tread, the tyre was very bad in snow. Accelerate still OK but dangerous in the corners. I was in a ruck, had to stop uphill because of a turning car. So far not a problem. A bit later tow 90° corners almost let me crash. I drove slow but I had almost 0 grip at front wheels, I had luck to not end on a snowy meadow or in a tree. With a speed around 25km/h my ESP-light lights constantly, oversteed, understeer, almost undriveable. After this adventure I contact my tyre dealer and 2 ays later I fit new winter tyres on my car because itīs much cheaper than a new car and more healthy than make a crash. I wrote I donīt trust this tyre if the tread is getting lower and was more right than I ever thought. Canīt remember I throwed winter tyres away with around 5mm tread. Conclusion: Funny tyre if you donīt drive more than 2mm down. Now the V906 is on the way. It looks much more generic, like so many other winter tyres. Will Yokohama improve and make the new tyre also driveable in snow if the tread is
1 - tyre reviewed on March 10, 2020
Given 62% while driving a Mazda Mazda 6 2.5 GH (215/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 16,000 average miles
I bought these tyres with car. Spent one winter with them. These are one of the worst tyres I had. In temperatures under 0°C it is almost ok except wet. Between 0-5°C it become slip litzle bit in wet. Between 5-10°C it become slip in dry. Above 15°C it acts like in mud when you drive on dry road. And they are too noisy like have siren still turned on. Compared to Goodyear Ultragrip 9 fitted on the other cars in family it is sh*t. I will never buy them and for next winter season will take the Goodyear UG Performance Gen 1 tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 16, 2020
This is the ultimate tyre test! Watch now!
Given 87% while driving a Audi A7 3.0TDi Auto (255/45 R18) on mostly motorways for 36,500 spirited miles
bought mine in winter 2014:
witer 2014: 16 400km
winter 2015: 15 500km
winter 2016: 14 574km
winter 2017: 11 331km
total km: 57 805km; total miles: 36 500miles
And they stilll could go one season if necessary!
Great tires, quiet and great grip on highways. Felt very comfortable driving. Highly Recomend!
5 - tyre reviewed on November 22, 2018
Toyota Verso 1.6 D4 D mpv (225/65 R16) on a combination of roads for 4,000 easy going miles
Two winters on these W Drive tyres now. No problems in the snows of winter 2017-18 in a pennine area with gradients and with a steep driveway too. Plenty of grip. Car always feels planted and solid in cornering. Very good wet and slushy braking characteristics. Slightly more noisy than summer Bridgestones in the dry. Definitely would buy again.
8 - tyre reviewed on October 17, 2018
Given 94% while driving a Honda CIVIC 1.6 VTEC (195/60 R15) on a combination of roads for 18 average miles
Very balanced tyres with good handling in all winter conditions like snow and wet. Very comfortable and silent. I used the tyres for 3 winter seasons and also in third season I was able to drive normally in all conditions. Deifinitely recommended!
7 - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2018