Continental EcoContact 6

The Continental EcoContact 6 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

With the new EcoContact 6, Continental has launched a high technology summer tyre that delivers substantial improvements in terms of rolling resistance, mileage, steering precision and braking distances. Compared to its predecessor, the newcomer offers 20 percent higher mileage, 15 percent lower rolling resistance, even more precise handling and shorter braking distances on both wet and dry roads.

This tyre replaced the Continental Eco Contact 5

Tyre review data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 70% over 78,814 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Continental EcoContact 6
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Continental EcoContact 6

Questions and Answers for the Continental EcoContact 6

2019-04-04 - What is your opinion on Continental EcoContact 6 in compare to Continental Premium Contact 6? I need advice for 205/55/16 Kia Ceed '07.

This video should help you

Top Continental EcoContact 6 Review

Given 84% while driving a Volkswagen Polo 1.4 16v (175/65 R14) on mostly town for 500 easy going miles
Nice , very nice and comford for my polo 9n.
Very stable when i drive for 120-150 kmh at motorways , warm early at town but note is very soft for long distance every day use .
Fine for daily use at town and a cool trip every weekend , thats all .
270 - tyre reviewed on October 19, 2018

Latest Continental EcoContact 6 Reviews

Have you driven on the Continental EcoContact 6 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the EcoContact 6.

Given 71% while driving a Opel Astra K 1.6 CDTI (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
I have this on my car since march this year and after aprox. 9000km they have 1mm wear (from 6.5 when they come in new to 5.5 this week). I drove around 1300km straight (prague-bucharest) in 15h and they felt stable at 200km/h on highway. I would not buy again because of the low profile (6.5mm new).
4 - tyre reviewed on July 18, 2019
Given 75% while driving a Toyota Sienta (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 100 average miles
Just fitted a brand new set made in Slovakia, replacing almost 2 year old CPC5 of the same size that were worn down to 4mm.
Immediately I am already disappointed that the new EcoContact 6's brand new tread depth is only around 6mm!
All new tyres I've bought in the past start at 8mm. Other owners of this tyre seem to have noticed this as well and unless Continental explains this properly, it can be seen as an attempt to shortchange customers.

Performance wise, I noticed a marked reduction in rolling resistance, noise, and bumpiness vs the old CPC5. At downhill stretches in my daily work commute, my car actually now builds up speed rather than lose speed. I also noticed less need to tap on the petrol pedal to during coasting at low speeds. Tyres feel a bit 'floaty' than the CPC5.

They are very prone to squealing/screeching when turning at low speeds over car park painted flooring and it is very much louder than the previous tyres. Not sure if that's a good or bad sign. Dry grip seems to be good but no experience yet at wet emergency braking.

Will report back again once these tyres have gone through many more miles.
6 - tyre reviewed on July 2, 2019
Given 54% while driving a Mazda mx 5 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 6,000 easy going miles
The tires provide a great drive. The major disadvantage is, as already mentioned here by others, that the tread depth of the new tires is 6.5 mm or less.
Unacceptable for me. I will not buy Continental again, especially since they state on their website that 8-9 mm is normal for a new tire.
22 - tyre reviewed on April 25, 2019
Given 84% while driving a Toyota Yaris (175/65 R14 T) on mostly town for 1,200 average miles
I bought these to replace my PremiumContact 5 after six years and about 40k km (half the year i use winter tyres). Compared to those EcoContact 6 surprised me on rolling resistance and comfort. After about 2k km i noticed approx. 2-3% less fuel consumption. Road shock absorbance was astounding to me (i have a small car); almost like i improved my suspension. Road noise was also excellent; my kids for the same speeds think we are going slower. Last great positive was handling over bumps: because they seem to absorb shocks in an excellent way, encountering a bump at a turn resulted to excellent behavior; very surprised. Didn’t drive much over wet yet to infer a conclusion. On the negatives: i find steering a bit more num over the PremiumContact 5. I think spirited drivers should turn their head away from this choice (the tyre is not targeting them anyways). To summarize, an excellent tyre on what it promises: fuel economy, comfort with good safety.
21 - tyre reviewed on April 5, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Honda Jazz (175/65 R15) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Excellent tyre that provides the best handling and comfort to your car . Low road noice and direct wheel feadback.
For wear i hope that they will last at least 40k km's. Definetely i will buy the again
19 - tyre reviewed on March 21, 2019