Bridgestone Turanza T005

The Bridgestone Turanza T005 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Developed and produced in Europe, Bridgestone Turanza T005 delivers outstanding wet performance and fuel economy, combined with high mileage, to give drivers full control in challenging daily situations, especially on rainy days.

Bridgestone Turanza T005 will be available in a wide line-up on the European replacement tyre market from January 2018 and will replace the current T001 EVO. Turanza T005 size line-up will provide almost complete coverage of touring tyre demand by 2019, with more than 140 sizes for 14" to 21" rims. At the same time, Bridgestone will simplify its touring tyre line-up, with Turanza T005 and DriveGuard covering the complete touring segment.

This tyre replaced the Bridgestone Turanza T001 Evo

Tyre review data from 32 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 119,915 miles driven.

2019 Gute Fahrt Summer 18 Inch Tyre Test - 7th of 12 tyres

• Positive - Good handling and short stopping distance on dry and wet surfaces, high aquaplaning resistance, low rolling resistance, good level of comfort.
  • Negative - None mentioned.
  • Overall - Good.

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 10th of 45 tyres

2019 Summer and All Season Tyre Test - 3rd of 18 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Turanza T005

Questions and Answers for the Bridgestone Turanza T005

2018-08-10 - Are these tyres suitable for the 2009 Honda F-rv cdti EX 2.0l diesel

As long as you match the size and load rating specified by Honda, there's no reason the T005 wouldn't be suitable.

2018-09-03 - Would it be OK to have these on front with my conti premcontacts 5s on rear... On a Golf...

As long as you're changing in pairs that shouldn't be an issue. The usual advice is to put the newest tyres on the rear of the car.

2018-09-24 - I'm about to buy a pair of tires to replace a set of very satisfying Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance 205/55 R16 91V I've been driving for the past 3 and a half years. I've been reading about the latest tests on this size, hoping to find the Goodyears still being good enough. But they seem to have been beaten by the latest generation of Michelins, Contis and Bridgestones. I've looked at the current prices and have all but decided in choosing between a set of T005 or Primacy 4. The Bridgestone seem more satisfying overall but the Michelins are known for lasting longer and have better wet braking. They're slightly more expensive (10%) but do carry rim protection (whitch I sort of like). Could you help me decide on whitch to go for a family estate driven mostly in town or B roads?

Both are excellent tyres. Michelin perform very well through the whole life of the tyre which means I would probably side with them, however it is going to be super close between the two.

2018-10-06 - Well-known web tyre outlet currently has the 205/55 R16 91W cheaper than the 91V. Is there any potential disadvantage with going for the 91W? (Will the W be heavier?)

Without knowing the specifics of the tyre it's hard to say, but the differences will be tiny if there are in fact any at all. Just be sure one of the tyres isn't OE marked for a car manufacturer.

2019-01-31 - Is there much rim protection on these? Do they offer even a small kerbing lip?

Rim protection can differ per size, so you would have to speak to Bridgestone to work out what rim protection your size of T005 might offer.

2019-02-18 - I got the Bridgestone Turanza T005 in size 225/40/18 with my new Golf GTI Performance which I drive since December. I didn't use them yet, as I'm now on winter tyres. I'm a bit disappointed that I got touring tyres with a sporty car and I'm considering selling them and getting the Michelin PS4. Can I please have some advice? Some info about my driving habits: I never go to a track, I tend to drive carefully in suboptimal (ie. wet) conditions, I don't care for wear as I'm typically driving around 9000 miles a year and will probably change my tyres due to age first, not wear I don't care for mileage unless it's a crazy difference like 20% I DO care for comfort and reasonable wet grip for daily driving (would be afraid to drive the Cup 2's just from looking at the tread) and I'd like to have some fun in dry conditions (grip when launching, mountain roads etc) My question is, how much of the sportiness am I sacrificing with the Turanza's compared to PS4's? Along the lines of your test of PS4 vs PS4S vs Cup2, if PS4 is 100% sporty, how would you rate Turanza? How much comfort am I sacrificing going the other way around?

A good question. Given the T005 just won the 2019 ADAC tyre test (now on the site) I would certainly try them before worrying about changing. It doesn't look like you'll get any extra grip from any other brands, and I'm not sure there would be a huge step in handling with something like the PS4. Give the T005 ago, you might be surprised!

2019-03-03 - Hi. I'm looking at a set of these in 195/50 R 16 for a current model MX5. Its my wife's daily car so sportiness isn't the main thing here but good wet performance is up there. It does get taken onto B roads for fun at the weekends so progressive handling is a secondary requirement if not ultimate handling grip. Is there any other tyre I should be considering? These are for summer use only.

In that size, the Bridgestone is a good option. The only other possibility would be the Dunlop Sport BluResponse, but that's now an older pattern.

2019-04-26 - Hello! Thinking of T005 for my Q3 (235/55R17), or else I'll go for the FK510. In your opinion, what are the main differences between these two for such a car? Pls consider that the roads I drive provide minimum traction (slippery tarmac, esp. when light rain after several dry days), with lots of bumps as well. P.S. I guess you know you're doing a great job!

In theory the T005 should be more comfort bias, and the FK510 a little more sporty but in reality they will be very close. The Falken seems to test a little more consistently.

2019-05-26 - Hi, I am thinking of changing from a 195/55/16 to a 205/55/16, would this effect the gearing or anything else with the car, as it would make it a taller tyre.

Yes is would make the car accelerate more slowly and change the accuracy of the speedo. If you google "tyre size calculator" you will be able to get accurate data on this change.

Top Bridgestone Turanza T005 Review

Given 88% while driving a Volkswagen golf 2.0 gt tdi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 800 average miles
Fitted these to my Golf a few weeks ago...and v glad I did so. Drive back from Scotland in sleeting conditions, with slush on motorway...great traction on slushy road...and v sure footed during aqua planing. Road noise and mpg excellent Please sir...can I have some more!
450 - tyre reviewed on February 14, 2018

Latest Bridgestone Turanza T005 Reviews

Have you driven on the Bridgestone Turanza T005 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Turanza T005.

Toyota (205/60 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 3,100 average miles
I bought this newly introduced tyre model to replace my aging Michelin Primacy 3st on the recommendation of the tyre shop. When new, it was dead quiet, but because feedback was lacking compared to the Michelin, I couldn't tell what was going on when corning so I had to focus more on where the car is pointing. Dry and wet braking were good but not impressive. After 5,000km, feedback has improved with wear but not by much. However, it is much noisier now (as I have to turn up my stereo a notch) even when driving in town, except when running on new asphalt surfaces as expected. I am about to upgrade to 18" rims, so it's bye bye Bridgestone, I'll stick to Michelin from now on.
1 - tyre reviewed on July 20, 2019
Given 97% while driving a Honda Accord (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Bought the car recently with winter tires still on (Hankook Icebear W300), no summer set, and immediately started looking for decent summer tires. Turanza T005 was on top of my short list, mostly because of other people's reviews. Drove only 1'000 miles so far and I'm impressed with what I've got. I think the car delivers its full potential on these tires. Extremely satisfied with the handling characteristics, dry and wet grip and comfort also, although they are not the quietest tires that I've had so far (mostly Dunlops and Michelins). Here where I live the price for a set of four is 270 euros and that's only marginally more expensive than many other "no name" tires - I won't mention any of the brands, but a budget tires for my car would cost somewhere between 200-250 euros. I don't think it's wise to gamble just to save a few bucks. Would buy again 100%.
6 - tyre reviewed on July 3, 2019
Given 86% while driving a Peugeot 306 GTI6 (185/60 R15) on mostly country roads for 15 spirited miles
These tyres have very good grip in the dry and suprising grip in the wet, not under steered in the rain once and are very comfy but I think this is because of the soft side wall which then leads to a lack of feedback when driving and ruins the handling when cornering fast. Road noise is also good in that in my car i cant hear them over the wind noise.
6 - tyre reviewed on June 25, 2019
Given 78% while driving a Mazda 6 Tourer 2.2D Sport (225/45 R19) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Factory fit tyres on new car and relatively pleased so far. I had previously always fitted michelin crossclimate+ to my previous cars (variety of 'family' hatchbacks) as had always felt very confident in their ability to deal with all scenarios. After the early days and the tyres have started to bed in, they're very comfortable, secure in the wet, and I'm getting good mileage on them (I have managed to achieve/slight exceed the manufacturer quoted WTLP economy figures over the last few tanks). Seem to stop well in the few emergency situations when they have been required, interestingly seem slight less confidence-inspiring in the dry than the wet! Haven't had any really cold/icey conditions to test them in, but seem ok for normal driving in the 5-10oC range. Not that great cornering tho, can feel them losing traction if taking too much speed into the corner/roundabout, although this may be more me needing to adjust to driving a larger/heavier/less agile type of car, and seems to be improving as they bed in anyway.

Too early to comment on wear yet. I think when it does come time to replace them, I'll probably go back to crossclimates or similar, however that's more due to a personal preference for all seasons, and on current evidence, I think I'll be happy to run these ones down properly before changing.
4 - tyre reviewed on June 2, 2019
BMW 550i (245/40 R19) on a combination of roads for 300 spirited miles
I was suspicious from the beginning that a single model will be able to perform well across the size ranges (t005 available from 14 to 20”); However I bought them as in my case that would be most pragmatic decision. Why?
I need 4 tyres, same tread, same wear (due to xdrive) and different size for front and rear axles and run flat. Available options are Michelin, Pirelli, Dunlop and t005. All the others are quite old models, expected to be revamped in a year, which will make it very hard to find a new tyre in case of a failure.
At my size, Bridgestone t005 are with EU label - B for fuel, B for wet road and 71dB.
EU label says it all - it’s a noisy tire and I wouldn’t expect a lot on a wet road.
When it comes to comfort, it’s a tricky topic for rft but are slightly (very slightly) better vs the Michelin I took out (they still had the dept, but we’re already 7 years old (DOT) and I needed a change.
Yes, t005 has the BMW star marking, which helped me taking the decision.
Note the review I’m doing is after my first 500km.
21 - tyre reviewed on May 24, 2019