Bridgestone Turanza T005

The Bridgestone Turanza T005 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Developed and produced in Europe, Bridgestone Turanza T005 delivers outstanding wet performance and fuel economy, combined with high mileage, to give drivers full control in challenging daily situations, especially on rainy days.

Bridgestone Turanza T005 will be available in a wide line-up on the European replacement tyre market from January 2018 and will replace the current T001 EVO. Turanza T005 size line-up will provide almost complete coverage of touring tyre demand by 2019, with more than 140 sizes for 14" to 21" rims. At the same time, Bridgestone will simplify its touring tyre line-up, with Turanza T005 and DriveGuard covering the complete touring segment.

This tyre replaced the Bridgestone Turanza T001 Evo

Tyre review data from 17 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 58,500 miles driven.

2018 Auto Bild 15 inch Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Top wet result, short wet and dry braking distance, stable dry handling, low wear and ow fuel use.
  • Negative - Average aquaplaning result, high price.

2018 AutoBild Summer Tyre Overview - 2nd of 47 tyres

2018 Auto Express Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Lowest rolling resistance on test by a large margin. Good wet handling.
  • Negative - Weak in the dry.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Turanza T005

Questions and Answers for the Bridgestone Turanza T005

2018-08-10 - Are these tyres suitable for the 2009 Honda F-rv cdti EX 2.0l diesel

As long as you match the size and load rating specified by Honda, there's no reason the T005 wouldn't be suitable.

2018-09-03 - Would it be OK to have these on front with my conti premcontacts 5s on rear... On a Golf...

As long as you're changing in pairs that shouldn't be an issue. The usual advice is to put the newest tyres on the rear of the car.

2018-09-24 - I'm about to buy a pair of tires to replace a set of very satisfying Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance 205/55 R16 91V I've been driving for the past 3 and a half years. I've been reading about the latest tests on this size, hoping to find the Goodyears still being good enough. But they seem to have been beaten by the latest generation of Michelins, Contis and Bridgestones. I've looked at the current prices and have all but decided in choosing between a set of T005 or Primacy 4. The Bridgestone seem more satisfying overall but the Michelins are known for lasting longer and have better wet braking. They're slightly more expensive (10%) but do carry rim protection (whitch I sort of like). Could you help me decide on whitch to go for a family estate driven mostly in town or B roads?

Both are excellent tyres. Michelin perform very well through the whole life of the tyre which means I would probably side with them, however it is going to be super close between the two.

2018-10-06 - Well-known web tyre outlet currently has the 205/55 R16 91W cheaper than the 91V. Is there any potential disadvantage with going for the 91W? (Will the W be heavier?)

Without knowing the specifics of the tyre it's hard to say, but the differences will be tiny if there are in fact any at all. Just be sure one of the tyres isn't OE marked for a car manufacturer.

Top Bridgestone Turanza T005 Review

Given 88% while driving a Volkswagen golf 2.0 gt tdi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 800 average miles
Fitted these to my Golf a few weeks ago...and v glad I did so. Drive back from Scotland in sleeting conditions, with slush on motorway...great traction on slushy road...and v sure footed during aqua planing. Road noise and mpg excellent Please sir...can I have some more!
274 - tyre reviewed on February 14, 2018

Latest Bridgestone Turanza T005 Reviews

Have you driven on the Bridgestone Turanza T005 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Turanza T005.

Given 91% while driving a Ford sportka 1.6 (195/45 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
I have changed 10 cars, so I've tried many types of tires, these Bridgestone have left me with the best impression. I believe it is the best choice for complex driving situations and with very good price.
48 - tyre reviewed on July 13, 2018
Given 89% while driving a Volkswagen Mk7 TSI (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
This is best type used by me compared with other premium brands. I like them a lot and I bought them after multiple reviews and research. I drove more than 2000 miles with them on dry and wet condition, taking to the limit on corners and also driving comfortable when I wanted. I feel save all the time. Also the fuel consumption it's reduced comparing other premium tires used. Bridgestone did a very good engineering job. Are very balanced on all conditions with very good feedback from the road even if it's wet or dry or you need to avoid some obstacle you will feel the car where turns immediately. I remember immediate after I put them the steering was very good comparing with Michelin or Pirelly that I used before. Bridgestone Turanza T005 it's also not expensive as premium brand. It deserves the first place in my preference and I love them. I saw couple of negative reviews but more on winter conditions or below 7°C. People these are summer tyres, don't expect to do miracles when outside is winter condition. They are the best as any tyre are used for, more than 7°C like in any regulation.
Buy them without any doubt. Are comfortable, performant, best in class for a good price.
17 - tyre reviewed on May 18, 2018
Given 100% while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TDi 170 S Line (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I have just got these for the front of my Audi A4 225-50-17 I had winter tyres on the car before and it was time for a change due to weather and time of year.
WOW I have so much grip before if i put my foot down i would get a bit of spin and traction control would cut in ...These Bridgestone Turanza T005 I put my foot down in the dry so far and no spin at all the grip like Sh8Y to a blanket i have never had tyres grip like this i was not expecting that.
they are quiet and the feed back is great i can go in to a corner and these grip I and not sure of how long there last i will keep updating the wear I don't drive like a nutter most of my trips are around 80 miles and every so often a 260 trip to my Parents in London. I am in Lincolnshire the roads are 90% single land A roads and when i do my spots pictures.online I normally travel around 40 to 60 mile each way to various games.
the winter continental tyres I had on there were amazing in the snow and cold but with the warmer weather they did not grip as well so I take them of and put back on when the winter comes so i will also no if these last I expect to do around 10k this year i will keep a note of the tyre depth every 1000 miles I do.
If these last well and the grip stays though the tyres life I will be very happy.
I paid £240 for 2 tyres fitted at 225-50-17.
35 - tyre reviewed on May 18, 2018