Bridgestone Turanza T005

The Bridgestone Turanza T005 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Developed and produced in Europe, Bridgestone Turanza T005 delivers outstanding wet performance and fuel economy, combined with high mileage, to give drivers full control in challenging daily situations, especially on rainy days.

Bridgestone Turanza T005 will be available in a wide line-up on the European replacement tyre market from January 2018 and will replace the current T001 EVO. Turanza T005 size line-up will provide almost complete coverage of touring tyre demand by 2019, with more than 140 sizes for 14" to 21" rims. At the same time, Bridgestone will simplify its touring tyre line-up, with Turanza T005 and DriveGuard covering the complete touring segment.

This tyre replaced the Bridgestone Turanza T001 Evo

Tyre review data from 28 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 112,800 miles driven.

2019 Gute Fahrt Summer 18 Inch Tyre Test - 7th of 12 tyres

• Positive - Good handling and short stopping distance on dry and wet surfaces, high aquaplaning resistance, low rolling resistance, good level of comfort.
  • Negative - None mentioned.
  • Overall - Good.

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 10th of 45 tyres

2019 Summer and All Season Tyre Test - 3rd of 18 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Turanza T005

Questions and Answers for the Bridgestone Turanza T005

2018-08-10 - Are these tyres suitable for the 2009 Honda F-rv cdti EX 2.0l diesel

As long as you match the size and load rating specified by Honda, there's no reason the T005 wouldn't be suitable.

2018-09-03 - Would it be OK to have these on front with my conti premcontacts 5s on rear... On a Golf...

As long as you're changing in pairs that shouldn't be an issue. The usual advice is to put the newest tyres on the rear of the car.

2018-09-24 - I'm about to buy a pair of tires to replace a set of very satisfying Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance 205/55 R16 91V I've been driving for the past 3 and a half years. I've been reading about the latest tests on this size, hoping to find the Goodyears still being good enough. But they seem to have been beaten by the latest generation of Michelins, Contis and Bridgestones. I've looked at the current prices and have all but decided in choosing between a set of T005 or Primacy 4. The Bridgestone seem more satisfying overall but the Michelins are known for lasting longer and have better wet braking. They're slightly more expensive (10%) but do carry rim protection (whitch I sort of like). Could you help me decide on whitch to go for a family estate driven mostly in town or B roads?

Both are excellent tyres. Michelin perform very well through the whole life of the tyre which means I would probably side with them, however it is going to be super close between the two.

2018-10-06 - Well-known web tyre outlet currently has the 205/55 R16 91W cheaper than the 91V. Is there any potential disadvantage with going for the 91W? (Will the W be heavier?)

Without knowing the specifics of the tyre it's hard to say, but the differences will be tiny if there are in fact any at all. Just be sure one of the tyres isn't OE marked for a car manufacturer.

2019-01-31 - Is there much rim protection on these? Do they offer even a small kerbing lip?

Rim protection can differ per size, so you would have to speak to Bridgestone to work out what rim protection your size of T005 might offer.

2019-02-18 - I got the Bridgestone Turanza T005 in size 225/40/18 with my new Golf GTI Performance which I drive since December. I didn't use them yet, as I'm now on winter tyres. I'm a bit disappointed that I got touring tyres with a sporty car and I'm considering selling them and getting the Michelin PS4. Can I please have some advice? Some info about my driving habits: I never go to a track, I tend to drive carefully in suboptimal (ie. wet) conditions, I don't care for wear as I'm typically driving around 9000 miles a year and will probably change my tyres due to age first, not wear I don't care for mileage unless it's a crazy difference like 20% I DO care for comfort and reasonable wet grip for daily driving (would be afraid to drive the Cup 2's just from looking at the tread) and I'd like to have some fun in dry conditions (grip when launching, mountain roads etc) My question is, how much of the sportiness am I sacrificing with the Turanza's compared to PS4's? Along the lines of your test of PS4 vs PS4S vs Cup2, if PS4 is 100% sporty, how would you rate Turanza? How much comfort am I sacrificing going the other way around?

A good question. Given the T005 just won the 2019 ADAC tyre test (now on the site) I would certainly try them before worrying about changing. It doesn't look like you'll get any extra grip from any other brands, and I'm not sure there would be a huge step in handling with something like the PS4. Give the T005 ago, you might be surprised!

2019-03-03 - Hi. I'm looking at a set of these in 195/50 R 16 for a current model MX5. Its my wife's daily car so sportiness isn't the main thing here but good wet performance is up there. It does get taken onto B roads for fun at the weekends so progressive handling is a secondary requirement if not ultimate handling grip. Is there any other tyre I should be considering? These are for summer use only.

In that size, the Bridgestone is a good option. The only other possibility would be the Dunlop Sport BluResponse, but that's now an older pattern.

2019-04-26 - Hello! Thinking of T005 for my Q3 (235/55R17), or else I'll go for the FK510. In your opinion, what are the main differences between these two for such a car? Pls consider that the roads I drive provide minimum traction (slippery tarmac, esp. when light rain after several dry days), with lots of bumps as well. P.S. I guess you know you're doing a great job!

In theory the T005 should be more comfort bias, and the FK510 a little more sporty but in reality they will be very close. The Falken seems to test a little more consistently.

Top Bridgestone Turanza T005 Review

Given 88% while driving a Volkswagen golf 2.0 gt tdi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 800 average miles
Fitted these to my Golf a few weeks ago...and v glad I did so. Drive back from Scotland in sleeting conditions, with slush on motorway...great traction on slushy road...and v sure footed during aqua planing. Road noise and mpg excellent Please sir...can I have some more!
422 - tyre reviewed on February 14, 2018

Latest Bridgestone Turanza T005 Reviews

Have you driven on the Bridgestone Turanza T005 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Turanza T005.

BMW 550i (245/40 R19) on a combination of roads for 300 spirited miles
I was suspicious from the beginning that a single model will be able to perform well across the size ranges (t005 available from 14 to 20”); However I bought them as in my case that would be most pragmatic decision. Why?
I need 4 tyres, same tread, same wear (due to xdrive) and different size for front and rear axles and run flat. Available options are Michelin, Pirelli, Dunlop and t005. All the others are quite old models, expected to be revamped in a year, which will make it very hard to find a new tyre in case of a failure.
At my size, Bridgestone t005 are with EU label - B for fuel, B for wet road and 71dB.
EU label says it all - it’s a noisy tire and I wouldn’t expect a lot on a wet road.
When it comes to comfort, it’s a tricky topic for rft but are slightly (very slightly) better vs the Michelin I took out (they still had the dept, but we’re already 7 years old (DOT) and I needed a change.
Yes, t005 has the BMW star marking, which helped me taking the decision.
Note the review I’m doing is after my first 500km.
6 - tyre reviewed on May 24, 2019
Given 97% while driving a Volkswagen Passat Estate 2.0 TDI (170) (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
Excellent tyres. Best Bridgestones ever. I like safe and predictible handling. The comfort is great also. Definately I will buy these tyres again.
16 - tyre reviewed on April 18, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Volvo Volvo V40 (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Excellent dry and wet grip. Excellent handling. They are new so I can not say anything about wear. I had Michelin Energy Saver before and I can say that this is totally different car with Turanza T005. Recommend to everyone!
16 - tyre reviewed on April 16, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Ford Mondeo Titanium X (235/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 22,000 average miles
mk4 mondeo t.x 163 . gave these a try 180 x2 at national tyres . just done 22k still plenty of tread left . great grip wet or dry .will buy again
19 - tyre reviewed on March 28, 2019