Bridgestone Turanza T005

The Bridgestone Turanza T005 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Developed and produced in Europe, Bridgestone Turanza T005 delivers outstanding wet performance and fuel economy, combined with high mileage, to give drivers full control in challenging daily situations, especially on rainy days.

Bridgestone Turanza T005 will be available in a wide line-up on the European replacement tyre market from January 2018 and will replace the current T001 EVO. Turanza T005 size line-up will provide almost complete coverage of touring tyre demand by 2019, with more than 140 sizes for 14" to 21" rims. At the same time, Bridgestone will simplify its touring tyre line-up, with Turanza T005 and DriveGuard covering the complete touring segment.

This tyre replaced the Bridgestone Turanza T001 Evo

Tyre review data from 23 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 78,500 miles driven.

2019 Gute Fahrt Summer 18 Inch Tyre Test - 7th of 12 tyres

• Positive - Good handling and short stopping distance on dry and wet surfaces, high aquaplaning resistance, low rolling resistance, good level of comfort.
  • Negative - None mentioned.
  • Overall - Good.

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 10th of 45 tyres

2019 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test - 5th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Short dry braking and good ride quality, low rolling resistance, very good aquaplaning resistance.
  • Negative - Long wet braking distances.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Turanza T005

Questions and Answers for the Bridgestone Turanza T005

2018-08-10 - Are these tyres suitable for the 2009 Honda F-rv cdti EX 2.0l diesel

As long as you match the size and load rating specified by Honda, there's no reason the T005 wouldn't be suitable.

2018-09-03 - Would it be OK to have these on front with my conti premcontacts 5s on rear... On a Golf...

As long as you're changing in pairs that shouldn't be an issue. The usual advice is to put the newest tyres on the rear of the car.

2018-09-24 - I'm about to buy a pair of tires to replace a set of very satisfying Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance 205/55 R16 91V I've been driving for the past 3 and a half years. I've been reading about the latest tests on this size, hoping to find the Goodyears still being good enough. But they seem to have been beaten by the latest generation of Michelins, Contis and Bridgestones. I've looked at the current prices and have all but decided in choosing between a set of T005 or Primacy 4. The Bridgestone seem more satisfying overall but the Michelins are known for lasting longer and have better wet braking. They're slightly more expensive (10%) but do carry rim protection (whitch I sort of like). Could you help me decide on whitch to go for a family estate driven mostly in town or B roads?

Both are excellent tyres. Michelin perform very well through the whole life of the tyre which means I would probably side with them, however it is going to be super close between the two.

2018-10-06 - Well-known web tyre outlet currently has the 205/55 R16 91W cheaper than the 91V. Is there any potential disadvantage with going for the 91W? (Will the W be heavier?)

Without knowing the specifics of the tyre it's hard to say, but the differences will be tiny if there are in fact any at all. Just be sure one of the tyres isn't OE marked for a car manufacturer.

2019-01-31 - Is there much rim protection on these? Do they offer even a small kerbing lip?

Rim protection can differ per size, so you would have to speak to Bridgestone to work out what rim protection your size of T005 might offer.

2019-02-18 - I got the Bridgestone Turanza T005 in size 225/40/18 with my new Golf GTI Performance which I drive since December. I didn't use them yet, as I'm now on winter tyres. I'm a bit disappointed that I got touring tyres with a sporty car and I'm considering selling them and getting the Michelin PS4. Can I please have some advice? Some info about my driving habits: I never go to a track, I tend to drive carefully in suboptimal (ie. wet) conditions, I don't care for wear as I'm typically driving around 9000 miles a year and will probably change my tyres due to age first, not wear I don't care for mileage unless it's a crazy difference like 20% I DO care for comfort and reasonable wet grip for daily driving (would be afraid to drive the Cup 2's just from looking at the tread) and I'd like to have some fun in dry conditions (grip when launching, mountain roads etc) My question is, how much of the sportiness am I sacrificing with the Turanza's compared to PS4's? Along the lines of your test of PS4 vs PS4S vs Cup2, if PS4 is 100% sporty, how would you rate Turanza? How much comfort am I sacrificing going the other way around?

A good question. Given the T005 just won the 2019 ADAC tyre test (now on the site) I would certainly try them before worrying about changing. It doesn't look like you'll get any extra grip from any other brands, and I'm not sure there would be a huge step in handling with something like the PS4. Give the T005 ago, you might be surprised!

2019-03-03 - Hi. I'm looking at a set of these in 195/50 R 16 for a current model MX5. Its my wife's daily car so sportiness isn't the main thing here but good wet performance is up there. It does get taken onto B roads for fun at the weekends so progressive handling is a secondary requirement if not ultimate handling grip. Is there any other tyre I should be considering? These are for summer use only.

In that size, the Bridgestone is a good option. The only other possibility would be the Dunlop Sport BluResponse, but that's now an older pattern.

Top Bridgestone Turanza T005 Review

Given 88% while driving a Volkswagen golf 2.0 gt tdi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 800 average miles
Fitted these to my Golf a few weeks ago...and v glad I did so. Drive back from Scotland in sleeting conditions, with slush on motorway...great traction on slushy road...and v sure footed during aqua planing. Road noise and mpg excellent Please sir...can I have some more!
340 - tyre reviewed on February 14, 2018

Latest Bridgestone Turanza T005 Reviews

Have you driven on the Bridgestone Turanza T005 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Turanza T005.

Given 94% while driving a Kia Motors Soul 1.6 GDI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Pros:
- Great handling, brake and grip in the dry.
- Even better in the wet.
- Very stable at highway speed and on a twisty roads.
- Feedback is best I had with tyre ever since I drive a car /more than 35 years/.
- Good economy.

Cons:
- Need a little warm up for best results.
- These tyres are noisy.
- I suppose they'll fit better on a cars with softer suspencion.
Definately best Bridgestone tyres I've ever drove. They replaced my OEM Nexen's N Blue HD, ordinary tyres which I've throw away after 1000 miles.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 2, 2019
Looking for new tyres? Watch this video now!
Given 99% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (215/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
very good grip in dry and wet conditions , smooth ride , comfortable , low rolling resistance , fuel economy , good braking , good handling in corners ,
4 - tyre reviewed on February 24, 2019
Given 91% while driving a Volkswagen Touran 1.2 TSI (205/55 R16 H) on mostly country roads for 3,000 average miles
It's unbelievable what progress Bridgstone made in comparison to previous T001. This one is more comfortable, more stable in cornering, better in dry conditions and superior in the wet. The only slight weakness is the noise. The handle is predictibale in the wet with slight tendensy to understeer in dry, but I like it. Back in the years I always use to trust the Michelin most, but now I'm more satisfied with the direct and precize behaviour of Bridgstone's. Yes they are louder, harder and lasted less but I'll stick with them. I recommend these tyres for either calm and spirited drivers.
1 - tyre reviewed on February 22, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 2.4 JTD mjet (205/55 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I went for Turanza T005 based on positive rewievs and expecting a mild and wet winter.
I drove around 2000 miles since then on mostly wet and cold roads with temps around 0-10 C.
Excellent wet grip and handling with a lot of feedback. Very low noise, quite pleased. Previously I had T001, also not bad, very predictable tyre and Nexen Nfera Su1 which had poor wet handling, I would say even dangerous.
Looking forward to spring, summer and warm weather, because on dry so far grip is sensational.
Tyre wear is OK, so far no big diff. between front/rear, it will increase later, after all it's FWD with decent hp.
I didn't drive to the limit due to low temps.
I would buy them again.