Dunlop Econodrive

The Dunlop Econodrive is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Van

Tyre review data from 5 tyre reviews averaging 58% over 96,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Dunlop Econodrive
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Dunlop Econodrive
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Dunlop Econodrive. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Dunlop Econodrive Review

Given 30% while driving a Mercedes Benz Vito (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 20,000 easy going miles
Very poor. I used it on my Mercedes-Benz Vito 2017 with 225/55r17. It uncomfortable and no grip at all when wet, It made a very loud squeeze sound in every tight turn and every time when heavy brake. I used it until 20,000 Miles and I found cracks for all, It very dangerous and I never buy It again.
2 - tyre reviewed on June 16, 2018

Latest Dunlop Econodrive Reviews

Have you driven on the Dunlop Econodrive tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Econodrive.

Given 83% while driving a Renault Trafic (215/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 36,000 average miles
Fitted from new on Renault traffic.. lasted 36,000 miles on the front.. backs still on 4mm.. fabulous wear on a work vehicle.. handle well and good in the wet.. bit expensive but can’t complain with 36k over 2 years.. just replaced the front with the same..
0 - tyre reviewed on May 8, 2019
Given 56% while driving a Vauxhall 1.6 16v CD (225/45 R17) on for 20,000 easy going miles
Tyre grip is fine, feedback is good, noise level, acceptable. What isn't acceptable is longevity. stones/imperfections in the the road surface leave small tears in the tyres. at 6mm, these tears become quite a tear. Enough to cause a puncture or to see the steel of the tyre.
Overall, a poor quality, expensive choice of tyre. There are better tyres out there. I would consider a budget tyre before purchasing another Dunlop and that's not a choice I usually make!

3 tyres replaced two pre 10k punctured, one at 19k holed to steel.

One now being replaced at 30k (1.7mm tread left) thankfully, as it has so many little tears in it.
Vauxhall Vivaro 2014 1.6 bi-turbo
Not a heavy footed driver at all. trying to get 48mpg from it (42mpg avg at present)
1 - tyre reviewed on February 11, 2019
Renault (215/60 R17) on a combination of roads for 17,000 easy going miles
These were fitted as OE on my new 2017 Trafic LWB crewvan sport. Fronts after 16k miles are tearing, blocks of tread have split.Poor quality tyre.
2 - tyre reviewed on October 30, 2018
2 - tyre reviewed on June 16, 2018
Given 67% while driving a Nissan LEAF Tekna (215/50 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Review for Dunlop Enasave as fitted from factory to Nissan Leaf Tekna model.

Good comfort and low noise levels (vital for EVs with no engine noise !). Dry grip fine, wet grip average. Should be good for energy efficiency, but a pretty average tyre overall, with an inflated price over other more mainstream premium brand tyes. Will probably replace with Dunlop BlueResponse when the time comes, or perhaps Michelin CrossClimate if i donl;t buy a second set of wheels and tyres for specific winter use.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 28, 2017