Event GL697

Event GL697 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 49% while driving a BMW 320d efficient dynamics (205/45 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
These tyres may be ok on a trailing axle (I.e. with FWD) but the previous owner put these on the rear (powered) axle. Fine in the dry but downright dangerous in the wet. Have had the back end come out whilst driving perfectly sensibly, for example, third gear going round a roundabout, and the back started drifting round. Have now replaced with Goodyear and now my car can be driven in the wet without fear of losing control. I drive a 320d (2l turbo diesel, detuned to 161bhp as is the efficient dynamics engine), more than happy to be driving with runflat Goodyear's instead.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 31, 2015
Given 24% while driving a Ford Connect LWB Van (195/65 R15 H) on mostly country roads for 15,000 average miles
Arguably one of the worst tyre buying decisions I have made in 40 years of driving. I put two Event tyres on the front of my Ford Connect van and have found grip levels to be frighteningly low, pretty well in any conditions, but worst of course in the wet. They are now about 65-70% worn and I'm not sure I dare leave them much longer before replacing them. Its all very well having fun drifting the front end of the van at lowish speeds, but this could easily turn very nasty if you are faced with an unexpected emergency or have to stop suddenly. They are not on my replacement list. Another £15 a tyre is well worth it to get one with better characteristics
0 - tyre reviewed on January 19, 2015
Given 37% while driving a Fiat 500 (185/55 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
Dreadful tyres - okay in the dry but lethal in the wet where there is practically no lateral grip which leads to chronic oversteer even at moderate speeds. Had a pair of these on the front of a used Fiat 500, but I'm swapping them out despite them having a lot a tread left. Had Conti PC2s on a previous 500 which were good.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 27, 2014
Given 43% while driving a Vauxhall Corsa (185/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 8,000 easy going miles
These tyres do not inspire confidence.They are lacklustre in the wet,and the road noise is very poor.They were cheap,but I wish I had bought some Dunlops blumotion.I would not buy them again.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 4, 2013