Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 95% over 16,100 miles driven.

Reports

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 1st of 45 tyres

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 VS Asymmetric 3 VS Continental PremiumContact 6 - In depth test - 1st of 3 tyres

• Positive - Best comfort, high levels of wet grip with an excellent balance in the dry and wet.
  • Negative - Slight loss of steering feedback in really high speed cornering.
  • Overall - An excellent balanced tyre and a good step over the previous Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3.

2019 SUV 4x4 Summer Tyre Test - 1st of 10 tyres

• Positive - Excellent handling, precise steering response and very short stopping distances on dry and wet roads.
  • Negative - None mentioned.
  • Overall - Test winner.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Questions and Answers for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

2019-03-16 - How is sidewall stiffness, steering response and precision characteristics of this comparing to Falken Azenis FK510, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (not S), Conti PremiumContact 6 ? Thank you.

I am testing the Asymmetric 5 against the PC6 (and Asym 3) next week, keep an eye on youtube for the video :)

2019-04-05 - Merc E350 amg coupe 2015. The front and rear have different size tyres. The asymmetric 5 make a size to fit the rear, but not the front. Any problems with asymmetric 5 on the rear and asymmetric 3 on the front?

While it's not ideal, there's no problem to run that combination of Asym 3 and Asym 5.

2019-04-21 - do you think the correct tire pressure for 225/45 r17 91Y PS? (vehicle: dsg golf 1.2 2015 110hp)

The tyre pressure for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 is vehicle and load specific. The correct tyre pressure for your vehicle can usually be found on a sticker in the door shut of the driver's door, or in the manufacturer's handbook.

2019-05-29 - Does anyone know if / when Goodyear will release a 205/40r17 in the Asymmetric 5. Currently using the Asymmetric 3 but this tyre size has now been discontinued. Also looking for it in a 225/45r19 again just recently discontinued in the Asymmetric 3 range.

Both 205/40 17 and 225/45 19 are now available in Asymmetric 5, so you should be able to find them in the marketplace :)

Top Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 Review

Given 100% while driving a BMW 3 (225/50 R18) on mostly motorways for 5,000 spirited miles
I have had fitted in my BMW and they are absolutely great. Precise steering, great on wet and excellent on dry roads.
228 - tyre reviewed on January 1, 2019

Latest Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 Reviews

Have you driven on the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5.

Given 100% while driving a BMW Z4 35i (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 400 spirited miles
I purchased a 35i BMW Z4 from a family member, it was fitted with Bridgestone Potenza run flat tyres, new ones at the rear and well worn at the front. The car tramlined constantly, grip was poor at the front and lane changing was unbelievably scary. I took the decision to fit the latest Goodyear Asymmetric 5 tyres all round and the transformation is unreal, I did also have a 4 wheel alignment performed but it was largely fine and the worst mis-alignment was 0.21 degrees so I do not think that has contributed to the change. The car is now stable and calm, there is zero tramlining, bumps do nothing to upset the car, changing lanes is now a joy. Cabin noise levels are also significantly lower. Wet grip is impressive and in 400 miles of driving, much of it on wet roads, I have not managed to provoke the traction light even pulling out of junctions and being spirited. By contrast the Bridgestone tyres shocked me by flashing the traction light in the dry on a bend I regularly sailed round at the same speed in a 54 year old sports car!
To sum up, the run flat Bridgestone Potensa tyres were horrible and dangerous and the Goodyear Asymmetric 5 have given me the car I expected, the difference is total. Z4 owners buy them and change your life!!!
1 - tyre reviewed on June 13, 2019
Given 86% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
I bought these to replace the factory Bridgestones on my Ford Focus TDI.

Being a family car, it doesn't get much spirited driving. But on the few occasions I have managed to really test the tyres, they were great. Better than the Bridgestones previously, and very close to the ability of the Michelin PS4's I had on a previous car, on the same roads.

The tyres perform well in both wet and dry for the type of driving I do. Marginally better than the AS3's I had on a previous family car. But that was a few months ago, so can't do a back to back comparison there.

Comfort is great. No issues there for me or my family.

Wear rate: This is pretty important to me. I had excellent wear rates from my previous PS4's. And was seriously considering either the PS4's again, or the Primacy 4's for this car when changing tyres for this factor. However, I did get over 44k out of a set of Goodyear Excellence on a F11 530d, so when I found that the AS5's were released, I thought I might as well give them a try.

Anyway, so far, 5,000 miles in, I have just measured the tread depth on the AS5's, and they are still at 7mm all round. So that's pretty good. I might not see another 40k out of these, but if I get another 20k I would be pretty happy. I will update when I change these out, unless I sell this car first.
6 - tyre reviewed on May 30, 2019
Given 97% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI MK7 (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
Golf 7 2.0 TDI

Replaced my bridgestone ER300 with the F1 AS 5 goodyears.

The grip is excellent in the dry and just as good in the wet.

Road noise has been significantly reduced.

Wear is excellent. As the tyre has been designed and manufactured to a very high standard, the tread is actually treaded to very bottom of the tyre and not only half.
This means that you will have great wet grip throughout the whole life of the tyre.

What really surprised me was the fact the the tyre tread indicators are practically flush with the tyre, about 1mm high due to the manufacturing quality mentioned above.

I would highly recommend these tyres for anyone looking for performance, comfort and confidence in a tyre,

6 - tyre reviewed on May 27, 2019
Given 89% while driving a MINI Roadster SD (205/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 700 spirited miles
These tyres are super sticky as expected. Grip levels are top notch both in dry and wet.
Silent and super comfortable. I wish steering to be sharper and faster. But we can't have it all.
They are actually not Ultra High Performance or Max Performance tyres. I would call these as Sport Touring tyres. It's really pity that premium tyre manufacturers don't have real Max Performance and Ultra Performance Tyres (below 19") in their product portfolio anymore. Instead they label Touring Tyres as Performance Tyres which is not really good.

Would I buy these again? Maybe not for my weekend/sport car. But I would definitely buy these for our family estate car. Excellent quality tyres.
29 - tyre reviewed on April 21, 2019

See all 5 customer reviews of the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 (newest first) >>