Michelin CrossClimate+

The Michelin CrossClimate Plus is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

In February 2017, Michelin will launch MICHELIN CrossClimate+ which will continue to combine the best of both summer and winter tyre worlds with long-lasting performance.

We will have more information on the CrossClimate+ as we receive it!

This tyre replaced the Michelin CrossClimate

Tyre review data from 43 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 175,509 miles driven.

Reports

2019 Summer and All Season Tyre Test - 7th of 18 tyres

2019 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 10 tyres

• Positive - The shortest wet braking distances. The only tyre with snow capability.
  • Negative - Relatively weak wet lateral stability, increased noise levels, long dry braking.

2019 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 185/65 R15 - 3rd of 16 tyres

• Positive - Top marks in wear, good on wet roads.
  • Negative - A little weak in the dry compared to the best on test.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin CrossClimate Plus

Questions and Answers for the Michelin CrossClimate Plus

2017-01-17 - I am considering buying a set of Crossclimates for my Jaguar - the size is 225/60 16 102W. Discovering the tyre is about to be replaced by the Crossclimate+ is making me hesitate! Michelin introduced the original Crossclimate in a fairly narrow set of sizes - my 225/60 16 was not one of them. Is Michelin likely to do the same thing with the new Crossclimate+ - with the slightly less popular tyre sizes like mine being introduced later - in which case I should just go ahead and order the original Crossclimate, rather than wait for the Crossclimate+? Does anyone know how Michelin has improved the tyre? - Is the new tyre a better compromise (better warm dry braking and handling) or is it less fundamental tweaking?

Our full report of what has changed in the new CrossClimate+ can be found here. The sizes will roll out in stages as before, so if you need new tyres we'd suggest getting not waiting for the CrossClimate+!

2017-08-30 - I am considering buying either 4 Michelin CC Plus or Goodyear Eagle Asymmetrical 3 for my Jag XF 2.2, tyre size 245/45/R18. I live in semi rural Wales just outside Cardiff and although I probably wont be exceeding 10,000 miles a year, I will be driving around the welsh valleys on A and B roads with my new job more than I have previously when I used to catch a train more often than not. Its the million dollar question of whether to pay for winter tyres or just a good quality summer tyre and now we have the option of an all-season/ weather tyre. I don't do any high performance driving etc. We are yet to have another harsh winter since 2012 but no doubt this year will be the year. I was after some advice on the suitability of these two tyres for my car and driving situation as a good all rounders but being able to handle a cold snap should it arrive. Also whether I could realistically consider a slightly cheaper tyre that would fit the bill? Thanks There is a £30 difference in price on blackcircles.com

If you need to stay mobile when the bad weather comes, and don't want to pair the Goodyear summer tyre with a full winter tyre, the CrossClimate is your best option.

2018-09-14 - Can someone please help me to decide between 91H and 94V XL. I am going to get 4 of Michelin cross climate plus tyres in 205/55 R16 tyres for Mercedes B160 Sport. The current factory fitted tyres are 215/40 R18 89W XL contis.As I already had 16" wheels with winter tyres so I decided to go with cross climates instead of changing wheels and tyres twice a year. Now I am struggling to decide that should I get the specified speed and load rating of 91H with softer sidewalls or should I go with 94V XL with stronger sidewall. I don't mind paying little bit extra if there is any benefit. So can someone please help.

Personally I would run the stiffer sidewall option where available as I prefer a sharper steering response over comfort.

2018-11-26 - are these run flat tyres

I don't believe there are any runflat sizes of the CrossClimate yet.

2019-03-19 - I would love a set of CrossClimate+ on my car for a hustle free UK driving but iv got an 19" alloy with 225/40. They seem to produce at least one tyre in 19" but its a 255 and surely if they produce one they will produce others... My question is do they have other 19" sizes? Are they just unavailable atm?

19" all season tyres are currently low demand, so there's a chance it's not produced. Email Michelin to see if it's on their roadmap.

Top Michelin CrossClimate Plus Review

Given 87% while driving a Skoda Yeti 4 x 4 (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 200 easy going miles
Bought set of 4 new Cross Climate XL from Halfords a week ago and only covered approximately 200 miles.

So it is still very early days BUT I have noticed a lot less road noise and much more responsive steering.

My car came with Continental tyres as OEM & has covered just over 21K miles from new - was registered March 2014.
330 - tyre reviewed on January 8, 2017

Latest Michelin CrossClimate Plus Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin CrossClimate Plus tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the CrossClimate Plus.

Given 100% while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class (245/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,200 easy going miles
I bought the CrossClimate+ tires for my 2011 E-class in February for Estonian climate which is very snow-heavy with snowy, icy, wet roads - the whole package, average northern climate. I've now driven something around 2000 kilometers with these tires, on all possible road conditions and I can whole-heartedly say these are the best tires I've ever had!

I bought the car last summer, so this was my first winter with this car and I had Nexen Winguard Winspikes on for the start of the winter since those were the winter tires the old owner provided. As the old tires had enough tread, I didn't really see a reason to buy new ones, so I decided to go with those. Honestly, driving has never been as terrifying as it was with Nexens! My car was fishtailing like crazy even on slightly wet roads, not to even talk about snowy roads - the car was literally squirming, something it had never done before when I had summer tires on and drove on not-so-decent conditions during the summer. The Nexens really made me think for a second that my car is to blame - why else would it be so terrifying to drive in the winter with WINTER tires? And by the way, that happened even within city limits, driving with 50km/h speed. The car was so unstable on the road that even stability control kicked in constantly.

I've driven with plenty of Mercedes in my life, so I knew the problem couldn't really be the car. So, I decided to get rid of the tires and buy something that would also eliminate the need to constantly change tires - I went for the best option I could find for my car's rims and I opted for the CC+ tires. I was quite skeptical about this choice though at first since I had always driven with studded winter tires before, these are my first ever all-season tires. I really didn't think all-season tires could be superior to winter tires since theoretically, their performance should be somewhat average.

However, getting these tires was the BEST DECISION EVER! I never in my life imagined that tires could make such a massive difference since before I had always driven with average/decent tires but jumping from Nexen's to Michelin really made all the difference. I've now driven with the CC+ tires for a few weeks and within that time I've driven more than I drove with Nexen's within several months since with Nexen's I literally avoided driving as much as I could. After doing the switch, driving has been just thoroughly enjoyable again (exactly like it was during summer), even so enjoyable that now I basically drive every single day just for the fun of driving. The weather isn't better at all - just last week I had to drive through a snow storm. By now I've driven with these tires on:
- icy roads
- fresh snow
- 10-15cm snow
- sleet
- damp roads
- dry roads
- roads with tons of water, extremely high risk of aquaplaning (imagine very bumpy roads after heavy rain)

The weather in Estonia is so unpredictable you really can't ever know what the weather will be like. For instance, during a 200-kilometer drive one day, I drove through fresh snow, ice, sleet, rain, aquaplaning and dry roads. The car was as stable and smooth as if the roads were completely dry all the time. CC+ tires made the car exactly as stable as it was before icy-snowy wintertime and driving is just pure enjoyment, no matter what the roads are like. These tires really brought back my driving confidence and I'd even go as far as to say that these tires are superior to my previous summer tires Goodyear Eagle's.

For me, these tires are really the best tires I've ever had. If you need tires that can handle any road conditions, to make your car stable, smooth and perfect to drive no matter what the road is like, these are the tires to get.
7 - tyre reviewed on March 7, 2019
Given 82% while driving a Hyundai I10 (175/65 R14 H) on a combination of roads for 100 easy going miles
Much quieter than the Continental Eco Contact 5 they replaced.
Feel like a premium tyre.
4 - tyre reviewed on March 4, 2019
Given 92% while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 Cdi Avantgarde Estate (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 12,000 easy going miles
I am a retired Fleet Engineer and am used to steer and drive axle tyres on the coaches in my fleet. I like a directional block tread on the drive wheels. These 94V extra load tyres were fitted to the rear drive axle in Jan 2018 and have so far covered 12,285 miles. Initially the rate of wear seamed alarmingly poor, having lost 1 mm. of tread in the first 2,000 miles. This has now slowed, thank goodness, and the tyres are now @ 5 mm. after 13 months & about 12,000 miles on the road. The original depth of 7 mm. is much less than other manufacturers who start with 9 mm. of tread on their all season tyres.

I tow a 1,450 kg. caravan in the UK from April to October with a 76 mile round trip to the dealer for annual service in winter. I have used tyres from Michelin (Energy as OE), Goodyear (Eagle Vector 2) & Pirelli (All Season 2) on the rear previously. I switched to 'all season' as the original Michelin Energies were hopeless for towing over grass.

Snow in my home area on the northwest coast of England is not a problem; one inch is classed as bad around here. My main concern is general traction which is why I tried Cross Climate + summer tyres this time around. Wet grip and off road traction is good on these Cross Climates and they have not got me stuck so far. Pulling away uphill on the road with the van on the hook does not bring on wheel spin. It will depend on how long they last if I 'stick to Michelin' or go back to Goodyear 'all season' next time around.

Incidentally my front tyres are 202/55R16 91V Vredestein Quatrac 5's which have an asymetric tread pattern more suitable for the steer axle. These are giving excellent results and have done 23,000 miles so far with tread depth now also at 5 mm. (original depth 9 mm.). Much better than both Michelin Energy & Primacy HP's fitted previously. I will definately be buying them again.
2 - tyre reviewed on February 23, 2019
Given 91% while driving a Audi A4 Allroad (245/45 R18) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Had Goodyear's Assymetric 2 (which is a great tyre btw),but the character of my vehicle,asked (!) for something more adventurus.Thats how I deceided to try Crossclimates for the first time...
Driven them for 1500km,and I am very impressed,fresh snow up to 0.5m,is piece of cake,and it seems to work very well at ice too.
Dry handling is slightly worst than summer tyres,but I expected that anyway,although cornering is still fun...
Ride is very comfort and quiet,and braking is very safe too.

Dont know how they last,but I am very pleased I bought them!
6 - tyre reviewed on January 25, 2019