Petlas Velox Sport PT741

Petlas Velox Sport PT741 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Saab Automobile (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
Extreme value for money; bought mine Petlas Velox Sport PT741 215/55 ZR16 97W XL for €52,19 each! Tyres are stiffer and noisier than y previous ones, mind you these have speed indicator W (V was sufficient, however these were not available in my size) and Extra Load too. You loose on comfort, for the rest superbe (given its price). Turkish manufactured tyres, never thought about before, but I gave it a try and they didn't let me down. On the contrary!
1 - tyre reviewed on March 27, 2020
Given 90% while driving a Alfa Romeo Giuiletta (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Early review after 1.000 miles from Greece.the tyres are amazing irregardless of their price.its the first time I went budget after 22 years of driving premium to mid range tyres in different cars and you cant believe how good these tyres are until you use them!! I ll come back in a middle life review after 10.000 miles or so,cheers from Greece!!!
5 - tyre reviewed on February 23, 2020
Given 100% while driving a BMW X5 3.0 diesel (235/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 3,300 average miles
I used Tyrereviews to choose these tyres and I don't regret. I have bought them at the beginning of the summer season 2019 for a SUV. The car stayed idle for 2-3 months (probably driven for 300 miles or so during this period), there was no need to balance the tyres once we started driving more often. We drove another 3'000 miles after that and everything was fine. The tyres felt just normal, no annoying sound, no problems with stability, our car is a 4-wheel drive though. So far I am happy with the tyres, given that the roads in Bulgaria are not the smoothest. I would buy again.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 12, 2019
Given 94% while driving a BMW 118d (205/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
Great tyre, was skeptical before because of how cheap they. But after 12.000 km I can say without a doubt these are excellent, they don’t wear at all and the grip is excellent both in the dry and in the wet.
11 - tyre reviewed on August 23, 2019
Given 83% while driving a Skoda Octavia (215/50 R17 W) on mostly town for 1,500 average miles
Good tires according to the price. Excellent on average ride.
15 - tyre reviewed on June 7, 2019
Given 91% while driving a Alfa Romeo brera (225/50 R17) on mostly motorways for 25,000 average miles
Excellent on dry and very good on wet. Also very quiet and good tyre wear. I did 25 000 km during 2 summers and still plenty of grip
23 - tyre reviewed on February 26, 2019
Given 96% while driving a Renault grand espace 2.0 dci 175 (235/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 15 average miles
I would never know how good these tyres are. Only heard about them before, and am always skeptical to new or non-European tyres. But I bought a big car - Renault Grand Espace - and two of these tyres were mounted on it. So decided to buy two more of the same. Their price is cheap, and they act next to perfect. I drive a bit more aggressively, and they respond great. Wet, dry, fast, slow, consumption... No complaints from me.
16 - tyre reviewed on November 24, 2018
Given 86% while driving a Toyota MK3 MR2 Roaster (185/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 13,000 average miles
Bought a Toyota MR2-Spyder with these (185/55/15 front & 205/50/15 rear - 2014 product date) 2 years ago fitted with these (unknown to me) tyres. From the first date till now (>20.000km) I feel like I own a premium tyre. Great dry grip, feel confident on wet roads, comfort even though a little bit noisy & delivering great handling. All these notes result comparing to tyres on other (different style approach) Toyotas such as Avensis, Auris & Yaris fitted with Bridgestones Turanza T001, Uniroyal Rain Expert, Vredestein Sportrac 5, Dmack EcoXtra, Matador MP16 Stella2. Last week I bought a set of 4 for 175€ for my Yaris because the previous ones (Riken Maystorm 2 B2-lasted less than 20.000km) were unacceptable to dangerous. I noticed a great difference on handling/road resistance & even fuel economy (
90 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2018
Given 83% while driving a BMW 320 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 25,000 spirited miles
The tyres are excellent. I bought them after the suggestion of my father and father-in-law who both had the these tyres on their cars. Now I have placed the same tyres to my wife's car. The tyres have excellent grip in dry and wet conditions. I cannot understand much of a difference over the Goodyear and Continental tyres that I had previously. Unfortunately, the tyres are noisy. You can feel the difference in noise with the first ride. I have done more than 40.000km on high speed and country roads mostly and the tyres still have at least 15.000km without being illegal. For the everyday driving you cannot go wrong for the price.
9 - tyre reviewed on September 29, 2018