Kumho Winter Craft WP51

The Kumho Winter Craft WP51 is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 10 tyre reviews averaging 75% over 41,100 miles driven.

2018 AMS Winter Tyre Test - 11th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Ok in snow.
  • Negative - Weak in dry and wet, very high rolling resistance.
  • Overall - Conditionally recommended.

2018 ACE All Season and Winter Tyre Test - 7th of 12 tyres

2018 ADAC Winter Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 12th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Good in the snow
  • Negative - Weak in the dry and wet, high fuel consumption
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Kumho Winter Craft WP51
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Kumho Winter Craft WP51. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Kumho Winter Craft WP51 Review

Given 90% while driving a SEAT Leon SE Ecomotive 1.6 (205/55 R16 T) on mostly town for 4,000 average miles
I highly recommend these tires. These tires have the highest price/performance ratio and does not differ from any expensive brand.
88 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2016

Latest Kumho Winter Craft WP51 Reviews

Have you driven on the Kumho Winter Craft WP51 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Winter Craft WP51.

Given 86% while driving a Mitsubishi mirage dohc (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 500 spirited miles
I have had 4 seperate winter tires on my car in the past. These would be my 5th winter season in Canada. I live in NB and winters can be wild at times and completely mild at other points. We experience 25 to 40 cm of snow falls in less then a few hours at times and these tires so far have been the best I've used. I've tried hankook, bridgestone, Rotalla, and Momo and these hands down give me more peice of mind then any if those other brands. They are loud in dry roads and have a very aggressive tread so they do wear on your feul economy but you will feel like a tank on the road in any condition.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 2, 2018
Given 39% while driving a Audi A6 2.5 TDI Quattro (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Probably the worst off all tyres I ever used on my audi A4 and A6 quattro. Wet handling and grip in second season and only 5k km is terrible. Even new one was really bad. Dry is ok. Snow grip is average. It’s not loud and relativly comfortable. Overall, total disapointment.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 20, 2018
Toyota (195/50 R16 V) on mostly town for 2,500 miles
Quite good on dry and wet on my yaris hybrid 2017. Impressed how they performerd in snow, I have to drive a lot steep uphill and downhill, during the record snowfall of December 2017 I thought I couldn't get home on the evening because roads were horrible and couldn't stay clean for more than 30/45 minutes, I afforded a strong uphill road with some 7 inches slush/snow, in the worst passage the car almost stopped climbing but it somehow managed to get on top and take me home.
I found the kumho tyres very good stopping and gripping on ice.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 12, 2018
Given 75% while driving a Opel Zafira TDCI (225/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
good tyre for this money!
3 - tyre reviewed on November 9, 2018
Given 42% while driving a Kia Motors ceed (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 100 spirited miles
Recently fitted two of these to the rear of my vehicle replacing the summer tyres that were on(two Michelin winters were already on the front).Within 10 miles I knew I was going to have to swap them to the front. These kumos suffer from a trate that other mid range winter tyres have which is the way the tread block initially moves when steering input is applied, something Michelin manages to avoid. The feeling is unnerving to say the least and if the inputs are exaggerated the back of the car can be made to slide at relatively low speeds,this at a temperature of around 2/3 degrees,so the temperature a winter really should be starting to work. In fact the summer hankook's were far better. Fitting to the front resulted in a poorer turn in and more understeer but ultimately safer than oversteer. Stopping in ice and frost is decent enough but again not a patch on the Michelin's. Can't comment on bone dry surface performance or wear as yet obviously due to lack of miles covered. Result is spend 40 percent more and get Michelin alpin 4 or 5's fitted.
1 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2017